• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A forum transaction gone good/bad/good.

72 posts in this topic

I'm very confused as to why this is here.

1) You purchased a book that was a CGC 9.8 from a board member.

2) You used Paypal

3) When the book was shipped to you, it was no longer a CGC 9.8 because of a chip coming off somewhere between Canada and you.

4) You alerted the seller.

5) The seller promptly refunded your money, using the Paypal "Refund" option, which

6) Makes it so you don't get hit with any fees.

7) and he gave you the book for free.

The book you bought wasn't what you wanted. No harm, no foul. Keep looking.

It's here to alert other members as to the kind of seller that Silver surfer is, where instead, it may be buried in the Kudos section.

I'm not remotely trying to insinuate SS here is a presser.

But could the 'in slab' damage could be early sign's of damage from a pressed book.

Where a corner crease has been pressed out, but the paper was integrally weakened, and broke off in transit, due some good shuffling and tumbling in the hands of USPS?

(shrug)

But could the 'in slab' damage could be early sign's of damage from a pressed book.

Where a corner crease has been pressed out, but the paper was integrally weakened, and broke off in transit, due some good shuffling and tumbling in the hands of USPS?

(shrug)

Look, this transaction is the antithesis of yours.

I am so sad reading this thread. So that itsy-bitsy corner missing now makes the book worthless. doh! Maybe it should be donated to Nik if is so undesirable.

Anyway, that was really stand up of the seller to refund the book completely.

(shrug)

shoo fly, shoo.

(shrug)

The freakin irony of him posting in this thread. doh!

Based on what, do you know something I don't (shrug)

At least I know I actually shipped the book and it was received.

touché

Not that you're asking for it Surfer, but let me add to the kudos for really taking care of the buyer! Such a simple and logical concept, yet for some strange reason it's become increasingly rare nowadays (worship)

I think what happened was the book was intact but frozen solid when Silver Surfer exited his igloo with it and passed it on to the Mailman on the snowmobile but the frozen corner shattered when it was rapidly brought to room temperature at the Post Office in the big city.

I'm very confused as to why this is here.

1) You purchased a book that was a CGC 9.8 from a board member.

2) You used Paypal

3) When the book was shipped to you, it was no longer a CGC 9.8 because of a chip coming off somewhere between Canada and you.

4) You alerted the seller.

5) The seller promptly refunded your money, using the Paypal "Refund" option, which

6) Makes it so you don't get hit with any fees.

7) and he gave you the book for free.

The book you bought wasn't what you wanted. No harm, no foul. Keep looking.

You are right. I should have stated that it appears there is a small rock of crack in the bottom right of this slab now.

Then all would have been okay with this thread here. What the heck was I thinking!

That is how they smuggle drugs now. They get a CGC book crack it carefully shove some drugs inside the book and Super Glue the slab back together...however the risk is the drugs slip and can be seen inside the inner well. :eek:

I have another from Canada, forum transaction, that is not going so well thus far. But I am patiently waiting. I paid via PayPal on 4-1-11 and again voluntarily gave an additional five dollars on a "$30 shipped" item, to help with shipment from Canada, and I used the "personal" method of payment to boot.

I am a little worried about that transaction, since my last inquiry via PM is still marked "unread" and was done 3 days ago. Which isn't a long time, but 26 days since it was paid for, is a long time.

But, I'm hopefull and patient. It is only 35 bucks anyway.

I will be sure to use the Kudos section when that ones comes to a conclusion, but I think that I am done with using the PayPal "personal" method. No recourse if shafted and it is wrong anyway, so I am told.

Based on what, do you know something I don't (shrug)

They are probably referring to your current residence....

glasshouse1.jpg