• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winners and Losers of the April ComicLink auction.

137 posts in this topic

I won 4 more books today, so 7 total. :applause:

As for the big book that I hinted at yesterday that was the main one I was after in this auction... :luhv::sumo:

I won it!! :cloud9: This is the one book I just had to have, so I bid an extra high amount. Um, I may be in trouble with a Chuck and Dale.... :baiting::whistle:

Superboy197.jpg

Not from me, congrats... :applause:

I wanted it cause I am a hoarder. :devil:

I really wanted the #198 though

Superboy197.jpg

Dave Cockrum Wolverine prototype!

:headbang:

Personally I like the Legion of SH stories much more than I ever liked the X-Men stuff. Great stuff by Claremont and Shooter, great art by Cockrum, Starlin, Grell, and more. One of my very favorite runs.

Heres my copy that I won a couple of months ago...

RAD5037F20101110_16399.jpg

Thanks for the congrats, Dale! And oh, I likey your book there! :cloud9: That may be the book I missed out on from last month's CLink auction? I was so upset I missed it. Then was so happy to see another copy reappear this month! :whee:

Personally I like the Legion of SH stories much more than I ever liked the X-Men stuff. Great stuff by Claremont and Shooter, great art by Cockrum, Starlin, Grell, and more. One of my very favorite runs.

Same here. These issues are the ones that started my lifelong love of this hobby. The introduction of Shadow Lass. The invasion of the Dark Circle. The Fatal Five. :cloud9:

Got this tonight - finally after several years of searching for a higher grade copy. :banana:

X-Men4CGC92.jpg

I was wondering who was bidding on that book.

Congrats on the upgrade :applause:

Thanks,

It's been a pain in the butt trying to find one that looks half decent. The vibrant orange background usually looks dirty as heck and shows wear/age like crazy.

Besides Wanda and Vision are two of my fav characters (that may now explain why I had to have Avengers 96 as per prior post)

PS: Still looking out for a very high grade Avengers 57 so feel free to PM me.

This run of LoSH was my first love of comics. I used to sit and wait at the drug store for the comic distributor to show up with my monthly issue of crack.

I never missed a single issue. :luhv:

This run of LoSH was my first love of comics. I used to sit and wait at the drug store for the comic distributor to show up with my monthly issue of crack.

It's always good to hear from other people who loved this series!

I always thought it was highly under rated.

It's always good to hear from other people who loved this series!

I always thought it was highly under rated.

Here is my other score from this run last night.. 1st appearance of Wildfire and a new Legion story.

RAD1C98D2011314_171814.jpg

Got this tonight - finally after several years of searching for a higher grade copy. :banana:

X-Men4CGC92.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

Is that notation on the slab old, new or just completely random though?

I have a TON of books with date stamps old and new label and not one of them says "date stamp on cover" (shrug)