• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winners and Losers of the April ComicLink auction.

137 posts in this topic

Congrats! More affordable than many of the auction lots.
I was amazed I won this book for that price :o

It's like a stole the book lol

Nice pickup! Too bad shipping costs like $15 for one book - you better win something else!

So far I've come up empty, but I should be able to get some nice X-men slabs on Thursday.

1 for 1 so far. Only Spidey that i bid on and was actually shocked that i won even though it was a fairly strong price.

asm5.jpg

I was sooo close to hitting the bid button on that one and either snatching it or costing the winner (obviously you) more money. Glad I didn't.

VERY nice grab.

I was 3 for 3.

I bought the ugly low grade ASM 13 and 14 for Stan Lee sigs (and will be hoping like heII for not TOO much of a grade drop or any restoration), and the Cherry #15 9.8

Now if I go 3 for 3 tomorrow night, I'll be considerably happier, though my comic budget won't be!

1 for 1 so far. Only Spidey that i bid on and was actually shocked that i won even though it was a fairly strong price.

asm5.jpg

Nice book :grin:

No trouble cracking that and calling it a 9.0. Maybe a 9.6

Nice Avenegrs run at a lot of very nice prices. I picked up four #200+ copies that had better centering than my current copies.

Do you have a database of scans of your books to know they have better centering or do you go back to the slabs to check or your giant photographic memory tells you that. Just curious about the logistics of your spectacular Avengers run :popcorn:

A true obsessive high grade collector doesn`t have to refer to a database to know which books are poorly centered because the bad ones are implanted in his brain--burning, burning. :gossip:

Nice Avenegrs run at a lot of very nice prices. I picked up four #200+ copies that had better centering than my current copies.

Do you have a database of scans of your books to know they have better centering or do you go back to the slabs to check or your giant photographic memory tells you that. Just curious about the logistics of your spectacular Avengers run :popcorn:

A true obsessive high grade collector doesn`t have to refer to a database to know which books are poorly centered because the bad ones are implanted in his brain--burning, burning. :gossip:

Sorry but my brain no longer has space for that kind of stuff. It must have burned a hole in it.

Congrats! More affordable than many of the auction lots.
I was amazed I won this book for that price :o

It's like a stole the book lol

Nice pickup! Too bad shipping costs like $15 for one book - you better win something else!

So far I'm come up empty, but I should be able to get some nice X-men slabs on Thursday.

:cry:

0 for 4. gross generalization alert: pricing seems to have firmed up; i wasn't even close on a few silver age actions (and that's a title no one cares about)

I concur...I won a single Bronze 9.6 book yesterday out of 50+ bids. I think it helps this time around that there have been no other auctions for nearly a month, and no others scheduled to end for another month. I kinda regret not consigning a few to this auction...probably would've done well.

George, don't forget that the big Heritage auction ends on May 5-6, only a week and a half away. That Midwestern pedigree (what's it called again? :sumo:) should have plenty of Silver Age buyers on the rampage.

In fact, when are you going to start the requisite Heritage Auction thread about it? :grin:

Dan

I'm almost completely shut out in the current Comiclink auction, 0 for 12 or thereabouts. Now I just have a lead on a lot in the original art section that I'm not attached to. Waaaah!!! Big sigh, moving on the the Heritage auction...

George, don't forget that the big Heritage auction ends on May 5-6, only a week and a half away. That Midwestern pedigree (what's it called again? :sumo:) should have plenty of Silver Age buyers on the rampage.

In fact, when are you going to start the requisite Heritage Auction thread about it? :grin:

Dan

I was really surprised that the action on the Avengers in this auction was as strong as it was, given that there is a mindboggling Avengers run, from a geographic locale that shall not be named, coming up soon.

0 for 4. gross generalization alert: pricing seems to have firmed up; i wasn't even close on a few silver age actions (and that's a title no one cares about)

I concur...I won a single Bronze 9.6 book yesterday out of 50+ bids. I think it helps this time around that there have been no other auctions for nearly a month, and no others scheduled to end for another month. I kinda regret not consigning a few to this auction...probably would've done well.

This actually has to be as about as boring a C-Link auction as I have seen in a while. Some nice Spidey books but nothing overly exciting.

Dan

I was really surprised that the action on the Avengers in this auction was as strong as it was, given that there is a mindboggling Avengers run, from a geographic locale that shall not be named, coming up soon.

For me, i had to grab what i could in this auction since im almost positive those "thou shall not be named" books will go well out of my budget. Actually though, i though about half of the Avengers were fairly soft prices. There were a few that i was looking at that got very strong prices, mainly the 83 off the top of my head.

Dan

Maybe you could start a thread about this collection?

1 for 1 :whee:

I have wanted this book for quite some time!! (I don't want to tell you what I offered a guy three years ago for a 9.4 w. doh! My patience had dwindled since 9.4 #16s weren't popping up every couple weeks like they appear to be as of late. I am so thrilled this book's price has come back to Earth!! )

This completes my first four appearances of Ol Clint in 9.4 with ow/w pages. I am doing the :banana: needless to say!!

RADCBCE02010927_12301.jpg

Really nice book.