• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL: Who's the STRONGEST hero? Thor, Hulk or Superman?

Who is the STRONGEST hero?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the STRONGEST hero?

183 posts in this topic

superman!

703af9a5ce7d396f_large.jpg

Exactly. Hulk was as mad as a hornet by this time in the fight, and couldn't budge Superman. If Supes wanted he could have squashed Hulk like a little green bug

:applause:

By all means, let's use a random panel from a comic book taken out of context to support our argument that Superman is stronger.

This is not a random panel. It comes from the joint venture of DC and Marvel in the treasury sized battle between Superman and Hulk. It is quite in context. Hulk knocked Supes around a bit until Supes had enough, stood his ground and let Hulk do his best while he simply stood there. Clearly, in that first telling between the two companies, they believed Superman was by far stronger than Hulk

superman!

Exactly. Hulk was as mad as a hornet by this time in the fight, and couldn't budge Superman. If Supes wanted he could have squashed Hulk like a little green bug

By all means, let's use a random panel from a comic book taken out of context to support our argument that Superman is stronger.

This is not a random panel. It comes from the joint venture of DC and Marvel in the treasury sized battle between Superman and Hulk. It is quite in context. Hulk knocked Supes around a bit until Supes had enough, stood his ground and let Hulk do his best while he simply stood there. Clearly, in that first telling between the two companies, they believed Superman was by far stronger than Hulk

You tell em Bill! :hi:

superman!

You tell em Bill! :hi:

I reject that panel & all it stands for. :sumo:

superman!

Everyone knows Marvel and DC team ups exist in some far flung alternate time line. So, the point is moot.

Sorry if someone mentioned this already, but Marvel actually listed the top 10 of their heroes in pure strength in a comic in the late 1980's I believe.

The #1 character was Wonder Man.

I think it went:

1. Wonder Man

2. Hulk

3. Thing

4. ??

5. Spider-Man

Does anyone else remember that list? I wish I could recall the issue it was in....

I remember that list.

It was inside "Wonder Man #1" and it was in the back story entitled "Wonder Man's Wet Dream"

superman!

It's not who would win in a fight.

It's not who's more resilient.

It's not who takes a punch better.

The question posed and that is still the title of this thread is "Who's Strongest?"

Nothing about taking a punch has anything to do with empirical measurement of relative strength.

Sorry if someone mentioned this already, but Marvel actually listed the top 10 of their heroes in pure strength in a comic in the late 1980's I believe.

The #1 character was Wonder Man.

I think it went:

1. Wonder Man

2. Hulk

3. Thing

4. ??

5. Spider-Man

Does anyone else remember that list? I wish I could recall the issue it was in....

I remember that list.

It was inside "Wonder Man #1" and it was in the back story entitled "Wonder Man's Wet Dream"

lol

Also, the list was written by Roman Wend . . . might be an anagram for something . . .

superman!

How absurd - using comic book panels to bolster comic book arguments that are ultimately up to comic book writers.

superman!

How absurd - using comic book panels to bolster comic book arguments that are ultimately up to comic book writers.

Yep. Renders the whole argument moot.

superman!

One word: retcon.

superman!

Yup. It's like using the bible to settle an arguement about Christianity. Silly.

:baiting:

superman!

Yup. It's like using the bible to settle an arguement about Christianity. Silly.

Analogy fail. :tonofbricks:

How come when someone produces almost strong evidence to make their case. The evidence is glossed over like it means nothing, to the other side?

Reminds me of the Reginald Denny trials from the LA riots of long ago. They ahd the one attacker on video, stomping on the head of Reginald Denny and they showed the video tape in the courtroom. Afterwards, the media interviewed the suspects mother and her reply was, "I don't care what I saw with my own eyes, my son didn't do it".

The answer (in comic book fantasy world"accepted" terms) is obviously Superman. It ain't even close.

As evidenced by the above scan of a meeting between The Hulk and Superman. The editors of both Marvel and DC, presumably at some point, had to make a decision how this story was going to go, and they decided to showcase Superman as "The Man".

Besides, does anyone here think that Supermans strength does not increase, the more angry he gets also? Reminds me of Kareem Abdul Jabbar. He was always rediculed for not dunking the ball over opponents, and instead just laying it in softly or using the sky hook. Well, one day he had taken a lot of ribbing from some broadcaster about it, so the game that night, he went berserk. He was dunking over the top of monster men, with a vengence. Many times. He was awesome to watch that day.

The next game, he was back to soft lay-ins or sky hooks.

Moral to the story. Don't with Superman. Even if you are the Hulk.

Analogy fail. :tonofbricks:

Not really, the only thing we have for reference is the written word on both subjects.

I hate to be the one to keep the argument alive. But no one seems to respond to the counter argument I made earlier. Namely, we have witnessed that someone literally 'killed' superman with sheer physical might and endurance; so clearly the evidence shows superman is limited on both, whereas I've never seen such evidence presented with hulk. The inference based on that evidence would be that superman could more conceivably lose in a fight to the death.

Discuss. (shrug)

P.S. With regards to the superman panel, where he says no one could move me if I didn't want it.

I also showed a similar panel with Blob, in that case they allowed a little more of the scene to play out as he was promptly knocked into oblivion.

How come when someone produces almost strong evidence to make their case. The evidence is glossed over like it means nothing, to the other side?

Reminds me of the Reginald Denny trials from the LA riots of long ago. They ahd the one attacker on video, stomping on the head of Reginald Denny and they showed the video tape in the courtroom. Afterwards, the media interviewed the suspects mother and her reply was, "I don't care what I saw with my own eyes, my son didn't do it".

The answer (in comic book fantasy world"accepted" terms) is obviously Superman. It ain't even close.

As evidenced by the above scan of a meeting between The Hulk and Superman. The editors of both Marvel and DC, presumably at some point, had to make a decision how this story was going to go, and they decided to showcase Superman as "The Man".

Besides, does anyone here think that Supermans strength does not increase, the more angry he gets also? Reminds me of Kareem Abdul Jabbar. He was always rediculed for not dunking the ball over opponents, and instead just laying it in softly or using the sky hook. Well, one day he had taken a lot of ribbing from some broadcaster about it, so the game that night, he went berserk. He was dunking over the top of monster men, with a vengence. Many times. He was awesome to watch that day.

I hate to be the one to keep the argument alive. But no one seems to respond to the counter argument I made earlier. Namely, we have witnessed that someone literally 'killed' superman with sheer physical might and endurance; so clearly the evidence shows superman is limited on both, whereas I've never seen such evidence presented with hulk. The inference based on that evidence would be that superman could more conceivably lose in a fight to the death.

Discuss. (shrug)

P.S. With regards to the superman panel, where he says no one could move me if I didn't want it.

I also showed a similar panel with Juggernaut, in that case they allowed a little more of the scene to play out as he was promptly knocked into oblivion.

The being that Killer Superman (Doomsday) was a Kryptonian being albeit a mutated one. So you have one Kryptonian vs another..

A good equal battle for Hulk is another Hulk... Red Hulk Vs Green Hulk....

Superman has already proven he can beat Hulk

To be fair, Superman hasn't crossed paths with the Hulk since he achieved his strongest level yet (World War Hulk), a strength level at which he can tear a planet apart simply by walking across it. Granted, he's not currently at that level (for reasons I think they've yet to explain), but it goes to show what he's capable of given the right circumstances.

Like I said before, I'm no Superman historian, but I know the Sentry has often been called the "Marvel Superman". Before the Sentry's death, every hero and villain on earth was reluctant to challenge the Sentry due to his limitless power. Nick Fury told his newest team that there's no shame in running from the Sentry since engaging him would spell guaranteed death. The Sentry routinely throws people into the Sun, can survive the vacuum of space, he ripped Ares (the god of war) in half, he scares the likes of Dr. Doom, he took out Molecule Man, and he is fast enough to see a sniper's bullet and pluck it out of the air before it hits the intended target.

Given all these facts about the Sentry, the Illuminati felt he was the best chance of stopping Hulk in his WWH incarnation. The Sentry held nothing back and in the end still got knocked out.

I'm still not saying that the Hulk is stronger than Superman because like I said, I don't know much about Superman. All I'm saying is the Hulk has proven to be more than a match for a Superman-like character.

But honestly, I'm not sure any of this matters. Superman and the Hulk are both so strong that I can't really think of anything strength-related that one could do that the other couldn't (excluding flight-related tasks). It's kind of like having 200 billion dollars vs. having a trillion dollars. Is there any one thing that you can buy with a trillion dollars that you can't buy with 200 billion dollars? At a certain point, it almost becomes moot.

superman!

Everyone knows Marvel and DC team ups exist in some far flung alternate time line. So, the point is moot.

Then, please take the time to digest this little video nugget: