• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers inserts...
19 19

1,027 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2024 at 10:41 AM, Adam H1 said:

Calling on the CGC community for assistance on this one.

In seeing the Mark Jeweler inserts gaining more and more steam over the years in the comic book world, I have just submitted a ticket/question internally to CGC if they would or have ever noted a Mark Jewelers incorrectly placed upside down in a book. Virtually no information online, and wanted to see if anyone out there has come across one. And what is needed to petition CGC to start noting in reflecting this on their labels. Understanding the extreme rarity of this…would think it would be greatly beneficial to both CGC and the customer to have it.

yes, I have seen them inserted incorrectly in the past.   When that happens, it is usually a fluke because other I have also found the same comic book with the insert installed correctly.

Apprehensive to send it in to CGC. They didn’t confirm or reject the ask to label the insert as such. 

Please post a pic of any you have or have seen. A complete rarity…has to add a significant value and a must have for the MJ market.

The Jewelers Mark conversation has been interesting, and I have a bit of a quandary - I am just starting on getting some of my comics graded/slab. I have a few that I am quite perplexed on how to value, specifically, Marvel Team-up #141 with the jewelers insert (bigger nice dilemma, not sure how I managed to buy two of them at the base book store when it was released, but I have two of these issues). The only price I am seeing for this issue, with the insert, is at mile high comics. I probably have somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 comics with the insert. I am having a hard time figuring out how to determine fair market value for submitting to grading. Any thought would be appreciated. Thanks

marvel_team_up_141.JPG

On 4/7/2024 at 10:17 AM, Gaheris said:

The Jewelers Mark conversation has been interesting, and I have a bit of a quandary - I am just starting on getting some of my comics graded/slab. I have a few that I am quite perplexed on how to value, specifically, Marvel Team-up #141 with the jewelers insert (bigger nice dilemma, not sure how I managed to buy two of them at the base book store when it was released, but I have two of these issues). The only price I am seeing for this issue, with the insert, is at mile high comics. I probably have somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 comics with the insert. I am having a hard time figuring out how to determine fair market value for submitting to grading. Any thought would be appreciated. Thanks

marvel_team_up_141.JPG

First congrats on the 200 pickups 

As for cgc value insurance when doing a submission for modern the max is $400 and the next tier up of submission is like from $400 to $1000 which may be a "standard tier submission."

I know this issue in 9.8 used to go for coin.

Even if you just did a modern submission to get them in? If valued higher cgc would bump up the submission tier and charge you the difference between the modern submission, once it got to grading, and the tier they think it should be under...

I see 9.8's still go for about $800, which would be the standard tier, but 9.6's are under $400.

That said unless sure fire 9.8's or 9.6's with a mark jewelers, I think a modern tier would be a safe summarization at under $400 value. :)

All in my opinion 😀 😉 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/7/2024 at 7:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

First congrats on the 200 pickups 

As for cgc value insurance when doing a submission for modern the max is $400 and the next tier up of submission is like from $400 to $1000 which may be a "standard tier submission."

I know this issue in 9.8 used to go for coin.

Even if you just did a modern submission to get them in? If valued higher cgc would bump up the submission tier and charge you the difference between the modern submission, once it got to grading, and the tier they think it should be under...

I see 9.8's still go for about $800, which would be the standard tier, but 9.6's are under $400.

That said unless sure fire 9.8's or 9.6's with a mark jewelers, I think a modern tier would be a safe summarization at under $400 value. :)

All in my opinion 😀 😉 

Thank you for the response, and I appreciate your input. I'm just not sure if I should put them in at the second tier, or the unlimited tier. hazard a guess, at least that second tier for the first one I send in. Not sending both at the same tmie. For me, this is still a bit of finagling and research. Fortunately, I still have most of my comic books from my time stationed in Europe. May pay for my daughter's retirement someday. :-)