• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Was hoping it was in an old blue label. Just like GL 76 there doesnt seem to be any around in 9.4 or better (shrug)

I know of at least 2 other 9.4's in an old holder. I have one of them.

Whew! Im glad to hear it. You dont know of an old label 9.6 by any chance do you :wishluck:

I might be wrong but CGC changed label around October 2003? according to census, the highest and only 9.6 was graded in July 2003 so if that book hasn't been cracked/pressed and resub, then there is only one old label 9.6 in existence.

I might be wrong but CGC changed label around October 2003? according to census, the highest and only 9.6 was graded in July 2003 so if that book hasn't been cracked/pressed and resub, then there is only one old label 9.6 in existence.

Yes you are right the label change was around that time(September 2003 to be exact) but i didnt realise there was only one 9.6 copy graded by then. I really do hope that copy is still in an old label but my gut feeling is it isnt. Ive had a look and noticed that on May 2nd 2011 there were 10 9.6's and now there are only 7. This is why i would rather have an old label 9.6 than a 9.8.

Wow, thread got quiet fast. Have prices started to drop?

Yes, I don't think that 9.4 on the Link will fetch anymore than $75.00 next month. :devil:

Seriously, I think it will be a good barometer for the book. There hasn't been a ton of sales for 9.4's on GPA.

Yes, I don't think that 9.4 on the Link will fetch anymore than $75.00 next month. :devil:

Seriously, I think it will be a good barometer for the book. There hasn't been a ton of sales for 9.4's on GPA.

42 pages of discussion for a comic that is a big deal because of a cool cover, has no impact on the bat-universe, etc. we got our copies in various grades (I still can't believe I got a fairly presentable copy for $7 at my LCS like 6-8 months ago) and i think the topic was beaten like a dead horse and we moved on.

Edited by the blob

42 pages of discussion for a comic that is a big deal because of an cool AWESOME cover, has no impact on the bat-universe, etc. we got our copies in various grades (I still can't believe I got a fairly presentable copy for $7 at my LCS like 6-8 months ago) and i think the topic was beaten like a dead horse and we moved on.

Fixed that for you.

Can we buy you a drink, Blob? (thumbs u Oh, and if you want to triple your money on your copy, I'm sure some poor soul will oblige. :headbang: