• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

13000? I must have missed that one. God that is retarded.

dont think of it in absolutes

think, would you spend 1 days pay to own this book, or say half a days pay?

so...if you worked in Chipotle...would you pay $140 for a 9.8 Bats 227

you probably would, same thing

and yes a lot of people make 13K a day

I understand that some people make a lot of money, but too much can still be too much. Making $10m a year doesn't mean that you get value for everything you buy if you buy indiscriminately.

IMO, a poor value purchase and it looks like I am not the only one that thinks so judging by the expectations by the posters above for the next copy to go half that price.

No, I fully agree (which is why I passed on it when offered at that price), there are some who just dont care about price I guess. Its more that people making a boat load of cash, that price to get something you want may not seem like too much. And it seems like there are two elements; (1) getting what you want regardless (2) getting what you want with a consideration of am I going to lose money on this or can I sell it with a profit. It is doubtful that any of the bronze stuff (purchased slabbed) will be a money maker. But sometimes you want what you want.

One of my favorite stories is of Warren Buffet refusing to get a Martini at a swanky hotel because it was something like $30; of course he can afford it, but the price is stupid.

That HA copy upcoming, is the one to get for sure, real purdy

Edited by Doc Joe

actually that the thing that always kills me

white stripe miswrap (whichI hate hate hate) with WP

vs perfect centering, no miswrap and OW or OW/W

I need the centering

ideally I want both of course

actually that the thing that always kills me (thumbs u

white stripe miswrap (whichI hate hate hate) with WP

vs perfect centering, no miswrap and OW or OW/W

I need the centering

ideally I want both of course

patience is a virtue

Well, it looks like the book is BACK. I guess the winner bidder from the previous auction attempt finally noticed the fine print and refused to pay.

From the looks of it, it appears there's a whole new bunch of folks who are bidding up this book without noticing the little tidbit about the tape :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/200634046509

That's really annoying. The "FLAWLESS" in the header -- as well as the grade itself -- continues to mislead folks. At this point, extremely hard to believe it's not intentional on the seller's part.

who bids something up past $200 without reading the description? it's not like it's a slab where they might be bidding on the # on the slab.

putting aside the tape (which I guess he doesn't consider part of the book...just an annoyance I guess) dunno how he says it's flawless with the nick on the spine. say it's "gorgeous", "stunning"...not flawless.

I think the neil adams market is getting a bit expensive for me. I think I will wait for the market to cool a bit.
That is'nt happening anytime soon.I say get em while you can. :wishluck:

stay out of high grade and they aren't expensive

Anyone see the c-link auction for Batman 251, I didn't see that one coming!

Wow, that's pretty amazing. Over double GPA? Very nice book but.......

:screwy:

What was the grade?

CGC 9.6 for $1227.

The one that surprised me initially was the CGC 9.8 copy of #232 only went for $1955. Just a couple of years ago that was a $3K+ book. Might be time to actually chase a 9.8 copy....... hm

CGC 9.6 for $1227.

The one that surprised me initially was the CGC 9.8 copy of #232 only went for $1955. Just a couple of years ago that was a $3K+ book. Might be time to actually chase a 9.8 copy....... hm

There was a boardie selling one for $2,200 recently.

I'm happy with my 9.4 WP, problem I have is there are too many gaps in the #200 run I need to fill before I think about upgrades.

Agreed. I will happily take Universal CGC 9.2+ copies off of everyone's hands here for $100 apiece. Just PM me with the details and you can thank me later. (thumbs u

Actually Batman 251 has been commanding above GPA prices on C-Link for a while back in Nov 2010 Batman 251 commanded strong prices 1100.00 for a 9.6, I sold 2 copies, 1 in the auction and exchange for over 1,000 each both 9.6 and last month a 9.4 sold for 700+, this is one of the Adams book commanding an upswing in prices on Clink and other sites, along with Batman 227 and Tec 395. Batman 232 I sold on the boards couple of weeks back sold 9.8 for 2000+, I was suprised on the Clink auction thought it would bring more but the copy was not well centered.