• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I would certainly think its possible but I'll defer to some else's judgement.

I'm completely paranoid, I see shill bidders under my bed, hiding behind bushes, etc, etc. :eek:

I try not to think that way, but when I see 44% bidding on a seller that doesn't sell that much I'm suspicious

I know that this is a bats thread and I'm not trying to start trouble but I'm concerned about us adams bats collectors and I feel I should post this.

Just in case I'm talking about the 227 on ebay

..No of course not,...you don't want to start any trouble,..you just felt that you would throw out a half baked theory that I shill my books on Ebay,...let me help you out so you dont have to do the leg work,.....I shill all my auctions,...and i mean SHILL,...Bongo2001 and comicfinder69 are my favorite shills to use,...Jesus i must spend thousands of dollars a year in ebay fees just shilling my own books,...

...all my books are also micro trimmed,...I was trained in Pakistan by Jason Ewart years ago,..no wait thats another lie,...I am Jason Ewert,.....all my booksare also color touched, and I frequently slide open the tops of CGC cases and put 9.4 labels on 7.0 books,...

you know Sherlock,..I,ve been on these boards since 2002 and selling on Ebay since 1997,....if you have any other questions for me just PM me with your cell number and I will hash them out with you,...until then why dont you just STFU and stop trying to drag me through the mud,...do we understand each other?

Nice books, everyone. It is great to see some life breathed into this thread again. (thumbs u

(could really use one of my 9.4 Tec #397s back now lol)

:whistle:

I found a couple of them one after another so I figured they were not as hard to find in high grade as the census indicated. doh!

Bongo2001 and comicfinder69 are my favorite shills to use,...

Interesting. Looks like Kyle and John are buying up a ton of DCs right now as they have been cleaning up on my auctions as well.

Bongo2001 and comicfinder69 are my favorite shills to use,...

Interesting. Looks like Kyle and John are buying up a ton of DCs right now as they have been cleaning up on my auctions as well.

...Don't be fooled,..ask 8mile, he knows everything about me,...those are my shills to use

Edited by Rocketeer

I know that this is a bats thread and I'm not trying to start trouble but I'm concerned about us adams bats collectors and I feel I should post this.

..No of course not,...you don't want to start any trouble,..you just felt that you would throw out a half baked theory that I shill my books on Ebay,...let me help you out so you dont have to do the leg work,.....I shill all my auctions,...and i mean SHILL,...Bongo2001 and comicfinder69 are my favorite shills to use,...Jesus i must spend thousands of dollars a year in ebay fees just shilling my own books,...

...all my books are also micro trimmed,...I was trained in Pakistan by Jason Ewart years ago,..no wait thats another lie,...I am Jason Ewert,.....all my booksare also color touched, and I frequently slide open the tops of CGC cases and put 9.4 labels on 7.0 books,...

you know Sherlock,..I,ve been on these boards since 2002 and selling on Ebay since 1997,....if you have any other questions for me just PM me with your cell number and I will hash them out with you,...until then why dont you just STFU and stop trying to drag me through the mud,...do we understand each other?

Wow 109 feedback and you spend thousands a year on fee's? I'm just stating a opinion then you act like a tool like you did towards the buyer that complained about shipping? Edited by 8milemax

Care to give us a sneak peek of it?

foolkiller and i both agree that structurally it's a NM 9.4, but slight foxing brought it down to a CGC 9.2.

b227a.jpg

Supa,

I missed this post (it was right before the other 9.2). Indeed it is a nice looking book and if I remember Brian's sales thread, you picked it up at a great price. Very nice, sir. (thumbs u

What, no fisting requests today? You must be in a good mood. :whee:

Wow 109 feedback and you spend thousands a year on fee's? I'm just stating a opinion then you act like a tool like you did towards the buyer that complained about shipping?

Actually, to be fair to the deal he had with etanick (and with all due respect to etanick) the seller actually did nothing wrong in the way he handled the deal from what I read. He packaged the book reasonably well, shipped it and it arrived damaged. The buyer declined insurance (at least I think he did based on what I read) and so the responsibility was all in the lap of the buyer.

The seller volunteered $11 to reslab the book regardless and the buyer was a little disappointed that shipping to and from CGC was not included in the partial refund.

I think the seller did more than he was expected to do in this situation considering the buyer declined insurance.

Also, I could be wrong but doesn't Nick live in Sarasota? I know he used to.

Wow 109 feedback and you spend thousands a year on fee's? I'm just stating a opinion then you act like a tool like you did towards the buyer that complained about shipping?

Actually, to be fair to the deal he had with etanick (and with all due respect to etanick) the seller actually did nothing wrong in the way he handled the deal from what I read. He packaged the book reasonably well, shipped it and it arrived damaged. The buyer declined insurance (at least I think he did based on what I read) and so the responsibility was all in the lap of the buyer.

The seller volunteered $11 to reslab the book regardless and the buyer was a little disappointed that shipping to and from CGC was not included in the partial refund.

I think the seller did more than he was expected to do in this situation considering the buyer declined insurance.

Also, I could be wrong but doesn't Nick live in Sarasota? I know he used to.

Right, I mean other than the vivid imagry used in some of the responses, the post office was the true antagonist in this thread. Funny, I recently sold a copy of ASM 194 9.6 on eBay and shipped it out yesterday. After reading this thread I went ahead and voluntarily added insurance for $3 as the seller. I kept having this vision of the book I sold arriving looking like it had survived a bear attack and I just didn't want to deal with an unhappy buyer and possibly lose out on the rest of the money.

But then again this is a hobby for me and not a business so I'm not recording profits and expenses on a balance sheet and calculating net revenue, etc. Maybe if I was I'd have a different take on the situation and possibly take it alot more personally.

I double box all of my USPS shipments using USPS priority boxes and I have had a double boxed, bubble wrapped shipment crushed to the point that both slabs inside the box were damaged.

The buyer was initially irritated and then realized that there was nothing I could do about it if someone wanted to use the box as a wheel block for a tow motor.

We settled up just fine but in the end it's important to realize that the USPS does a good job most of the time but accidents happen, and those accidents are often out of the seller's hands.

I apologize to Walls, and any others. I stated that I paid $800 for my 9.0 pedigreed 227. Thinking about it later, I realized it was part of a package deal and I only paid $450.00 for it. If memory serves me correctly this time. The $800 was a different book (GL 76 I think).

Sorry about that.

At the time, I thought it was overpriced, and it may well be still. But I am happy with it. That's all that matters. Like someone else stated, "the heart wants what the heart wants".

Back to your regularly scheduled program. (something about fisting, if I remember correctly)

Being a government employee myself, I'm willing to give the post office some slack and would never bash them for no reason. But to be honest, I think the PO should be responsible when they do damage to our items in their system. I don't know how to make that happen from a business perspective but I'm not quite willing to give them a free pass on the problem. Just my 2c

i single box, but i also use hella bubble wrap and cardboard. and i'm not a heavy taping seller, where the book is heavily taped inside the bubble wrap. :tonofbricks: never had a single complaint.

may be that is the main reason single box works for you