• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Does look suspect. hm
(thumbs u I dont recall ever seeing a 9.0 going past 450.00

I CONFESS, ITS ME!!! LOCK ME UP ALREADY WILL YOU! ITS ALL MY 9.2 COPY'S FAULT! :cry:

Well no, not really but I guess you could say I have a motive and no alibi....

Does look suspect. hm

I'm a DC collector,..and I probably bid on every DC comic that sparkle city puts up for auction,...does that make me a shill for them?,..look at don't know you, but I think you are way out of line accussing me on shilling my auctions,...I'm fairly well know with the older boardies here and I think they can attest that I'm probably one of the most honest collectors/sellers here,...this account I'm selling under may only have 109 feedback mainly because I want to keep it seporate from the account I buy books on,..not that its any of your business but I have over 1500 feedback as both a buyer and seller on that acount, my books are not shilled,..the high bidder on the book right now is the same guy who bought the #234 8.5 from me,...he's a Batman collector and I just happen to sell a large amount of BAT/TEC books,...so think what you want, but unless you have proof of me I'm asking you to stop accussing me or I will take action to get you to stop,...I'm not going to argue this point with you any further.

Edited by Rocketeer

Does look suspect. hm

I'm a DC collector,..and I probably bid on every DC comic that sparkle city puts up for auction,...does that make me a shill for them,..look at don't know you, but I think you are way out of line accussing me on shilling my auctios,...I'm fairly well know with the older boardies here and I think they can attest that I'm probably one of the most honest collectors/sellers here,...this account I'm selling under may only have 109 maily because I want to keep it sepoate from that I buy books on,..not that its any of your business but I have over 1500 feedback as both a buyer and seller on that acount? my books are not shilled,..the high bidder on the book right now is the same guy who bought the #234 8.5 from me,...he's a Batman collector and I just happen to sell a large amount of BAT/TEC books,...so think what you want, but unless you have proof of me I'm asking you to stop accussing me or I will take action to get you to stop,...I'm not going to argue this point with you any further.

There you go, first denial, then threats :roflmao: Thats just shilly

Please stop it. Rocketeer has been here for a long time and im sure other members can vouch for him. Looking at the bidding history, it seems that the bidder wants his bids to show he's serious in wanting the book. If he was shilling his auctions, then why isnt it private?

Please stop it. Rocketeer has been here for a long time and im sure other members can vouch for him. Looking at the bidding history, it seems that the bidder wants his bids to show he's serious in wanting the book. If he was shilling his auctions, then why isnt it private?

Look at other accused shills, they never had there auctions private either. Just because someone has been here awhile doesn't mean much.

Do you remember the thread to shill or not shill?

Does look suspect. hm

I'm a DC collector,..and I probably bid on every DC comic that sparkle city puts up for auction,...does that make me a shill for them?,..look at don't know you, but I think you are way out of line accussing me on shilling my auctions,...I'm fairly well know with the older boardies here and I think they can attest that I'm probably one of the most honest collectors/sellers here,...this account I'm selling under may only have 109 feedback mainly because I want to keep it seporate from the account I buy books on,..not that its any of your business but I have over 1500 feedback as both a buyer and seller on that acount, my books are not shilled,..the high bidder on the book right now is the same guy who bought the #234 8.5 from me,...he's a Batman collector and I just happen to sell a large amount of BAT/TEC books,...so think what you want, but unless you have proof of me I'm asking you to stop accussing me or I will take action to get you to stop,...I'm not going to argue this point with you any further.

Brother, I don't care if your shilling your auctions or not.I won't be bidding,just like to cause mayhem. :whistle:

Not to say that shilling doesn't exist, I don't personally think that's case with this auction. I think someone just really wants this book badly. I've bid aggressively in the past like this myself on some items. Sure, it's "only" a 9.0, but it's a REALLY nice 9.0 so I can see the desirability.

This book is hot. With some thanks to this forum. It has been talked up a lot, in many various threads. Plus, it just looks awesome. Many just want one of the best they can afford. Most of us can not afford a 9.4 and above, so we get a good looking 8.5 or 9.0.

The book is just hot right now. A year from now? Who knows. Could be cooler or even hotter. My guess is hotter.

I suggest that if you have a high grade one, sell it now. There are buyers waiting. But in six months you will be wanting one for yourself again. If you have more than one right now, then you are in the cat bird seat. Make a nice profit and still have one in your collection.

It could cool off. But I'm thinking not.

Look at other accused shills, they never had there auctions private either. Just because someone has been here awhile doesn't mean much.

Do you remember the thread to shill or not shill?

you're barking up the wrong tree.

...don't dupe my books,..I have a BM 225,226, and 228 lined up for next week

avoid the ebay/paypal 12% hit. PM scans and prices to me.

...Prices on Bat books have been so crazy lately I couldn't even make a price up,...I'm just going to let them ride,..but if you want a preview,..

$(KGrHqZHJCoE8fZN66,iBPNI-1!7Y!~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJ!4E8eyIZzIwBPN-wpeuEw~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!ogE8VZ780+PBPO)zwLobw~~60_3.JPG