• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I agree, Bob, but resistance is futile with this book for whatever reason. lol

My vote for the true "key" Adams Batbook is #232. :sumo:

(thumbs u How can you go wrong with Bats 232? (shrug)

not crazy about the lime green cover. (shrug)

My next big buy will be a 227 and a tec 395 I want to get them both in a 9.4 so its time to save money :)

Good luck finding a decent Tec 395. This is a real tough one to find in decent shape. Even more so than the 227 because it doesn't get as much press. In the last 9-10 months or so, I've only seen about three 9.2s and one 9.6. Of the 9.2s, two out of three had either crappy PQ or horribly mis-wrapped. The one 9.6 was a Twin Cities copy that sold over at Heritage for $3700+. I had a winning bid of $3585 on the TC copy until my internet connection came to crawl and someone else took it.

Wounded up having to overpay for the one 9.2 with W pages at CL.

I had two 9.2 Tec 395s last year and parted with the miswrapped copy. This one cost me $20 raw on the boards a year or two ago.

cgcDetectiveComics395.jpg

Not for sale, but these two will be sent to Joey then CGC in my next batch of Adams.

tec2003.jpg

My next big buy will be a 227 and a tec 395 I want to get them both in a 9.4 so its time to save money :)

Good luck finding a decent Tec 395. This is a real tough one to find in decent shape. Even more so than the 227 because it doesn't get as much press. In the last 9-10 months or so, I've only seen about three 9.2s and one 9.6. Of the 9.2s, two out of three had either crappy PQ or horribly mis-wrapped. The one 9.6 was a Twin Cities copy that sold over at Heritage for $3700+. I had a winning bid of $3585 on the TC copy until my internet connection came to crawl and someone else took it.

Wounded up having to overpay for the one 9.2 with W pages at CL.

I had two 9.2 Tec 395s last year and parted with the miswrapped copy. This one cost me $20 raw on the boards a year or two ago.

cgcDetectiveComics395.jpg

Not for sale, but these two will be sent to Joey then CGC in my next batch of Adams.

tec2003.jpg

:cloud9:

it is friday and it is slow and boring.....so here is my contribution to this thread

I was going to include this book in my grading contest but I changed my mind at the last minute so here is the shot for the PQ guess that I didn't use. The book is not a 9.8 but I will let your imagination run wild on what else it could be...note how nice the interior spine look and the corner just from the pic. I withdrew the book from the contest because....no point on slabbing if I am not selling.

tec227.JPG

IMO 232 then tec 411

How about we make a rule that the best Adams Bat book has to have Adams interiors along with cover. btw the interior pencils are a lot worse in Tec 411 then Bat 227, Irv Norvick ain't that bad.

The reason why I think the 411 is real high on the list is because thats when it all starts. First appearance of Talia al Ghul and when it first mentions Ra's al Ghul the best villain since the Joker.

it is friday and it is slow and boring.....so here is my contribution to this thread

I was going to include this book in my grading contest but I changed my mind at the last minute so here is the shot for the PQ guess that I didn't use. The book is not a 9.8 but I will let your imagination run wild on what else it could be...note how nice the interior spine look and the corner just from the pic. I withdrew the book from the contest because....no point on slabbing if I am not selling.

tec227.JPG

Nick, you tease, give us a look at that cover. :whee:

Yeah, superpimp mentioned that one a couple of pages back. Seems to be the same person who just bought the 9.0. It'll interesting to see where this ends up.

...I can confirm that it is the same person that bought the 9.0,...pretty smart if you ask me,...he is sure to get an outrageous price on his 8.5 after paying top dollar for the 9.0,...then again it all may be an intricate shilling scheme on my part to make people think that the 9.0 sold for $730.,....wish I could work that magic on my All Star Western #10 9.2 this week,..... hm

..I concur,...fugly frickin cover with that puke yellow-green color

IMO 232 then tec 411

How about we make a rule that the best Adams Bat book has to have Adams interiors along with cover. btw the interior pencils are a lot worse in Tec 411 then Bat 227, Irv Norvick ain't that bad.

But when the books are slabbed the interior doesn't matter. :baiting:

Sign of the times baby!

hippy.jpg

If you are talking most key book, then it is Bats #232 hands down. That is the only truly significant book in the run. In addition, I guess I am in the minority, but I do not mind the cover at all. (shrug)

If you are talking most key book, then it is Bats #232 hands down. That is the only truly significant book in the run. In addition, I guess I am in the minority, but I do not mind the cover at all. (shrug)

Me too! I love the cover. :cloud9:

Me too! I love the cover. :cloud9:

Same here!

Yeah, it's in this thread somewhere. The brown looked nice, but I don't mind the green. I've always liked the cover to 232. In fact, it was the first Batman book I purposely sought and bought this year when I got back into the hobby. Followed by Bats 242-244 to complete the Ras Al Ghul saga.