• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's in this thread somewhere. The brown looked nice, but I don't mind the green. I've always liked the cover to 232. In fact, it was the first Batman book I purposely sought and bought this year when I got back into the hobby. Followed by Bats 242-244 to complete the Ras Al Ghul saga.

This one?...

Batman_232_difft.jpg

Yeah, it's in this thread somewhere. The brown looked nice, but I don't mind the green. I've always liked the cover to 232. In fact, it was the first Batman book I purposely sought and bought this year when I got back into the hobby. Followed by Bats 242-244 to complete the Ras Al Ghul saga.

This one?...

Batman_232_difft.jpg

I prefer the colors on this one much more than the original green.

Seeing them again now, I am not as big a fan of the alternate color schemes now. The green version they went with works fine.

I wonder if part of the reason they went with the green was due to costs and limitations in what could be done way back in 1970..........

If I didn't have two Batman 227's already. I'd buy this one on Ebay (I do not know the seller).

A slight uneven miswrap and cream to off white pages. But the price seems fair to me. CGC 8.5.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-227-CGC-8-5-Classic-Cover-Swipe-Neal-Adams-/150769339558?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item231a8d8ca6

If I didn't have two Batman 227's already. I'd buy this one on Ebay (I do not know the seller).

A slight uneven miswrap and cream to off white pages. But the price seems fair to me. CGC 8.5.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-227-CGC-8-5-Classic-Cover-Swipe-Neal-Adams-/150769339558?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item231a8d8ca6

that's the buyer of the rocketeers CGC 9.0 for $730 per previous posts. :gossip:

Yeah, the forum software has got some pointer issues or something. To see the new posts, you have to click on the thread title. You can't navigate to the last page using the link to the page numbers.

This one?...

Batman_232_difft.jpg

I prefer the colors on this one much more than the original green.

I agree, I think if I was planning on dropping 1-2K on a book I would want it to be some color other than green.

The brown would do fine.

seller paid BIN $449.95 for it last month and currently closing at $365 with 45 mins to go. :popcorn:

seller paid BIN $449.95 for it last month and currently closing at $365 with 45 mins to go. :popcorn:

Hmmm.....I wonder if I should post my 9.2 now and see if he will chase it to a new record as well?