• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

A slight uneven miswrap and cream to off white pages. But the price seems fair to me. CGC 8.5.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-227-CGC-8-5-Classic-Cover-Swipe-Neal-Adams-/150769339558?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item231a8d8ca6

seller paid BIN $449.95 for it last month and currently closing at $365 with 45 mins to go. :popcorn:

Left some money on the table by listing it at a time when a lot of people are either at work or on their way home from work IMHO.

I will wait to see how nice the newest raw copy is before I do that. It is supposed to be a 9.4. :wishluck:

I'm waiting for his PM before i post BIN on eBay. :popcorn:

I was waiting for your book to sell so I could list my 9.2 227. :popcorn:

go ahead and list your book. :hi::wishluck:

I will wait to see how nice the newest raw copy is before I do that. It is supposed to be a 9.4. :wishluck:

I'm waiting for his PM before i post BIN on eBay. :popcorn:

I was waiting for your book to sell so I could list my 9.2 227. :popcorn:

go ahead and list your book. :hi::wishluck:

(thumbs u

Looks like i jinxed myself with the packaging post, buyer of the 'tec 411 said the slab has two small cracks on the slab. Wanted $40 for reholdering, i told him $12, since i'm not resposible for USPS delivery.

Looks like i jinxed myself with the packaging post, buyer of the 'tec 411 said the slab has two small cracks on the slab. Wanted $40 for reholdering, i told him $12, since i'm not resposible for USPS delivery.

...it's cause you don't double box,....I'm just saying,... :whistle:

$40 for two small cracks does seem excessive.

Perhaps USPS could use a good fisting to help tighten up their package handling techniques....

I'm just saying....

:)

My next big buy will be a 227 and a tec 395 I want to get them both in a 9.4 so its time to save money :)

Good luck finding a decent Tec 395. This is a real tough one to find in decent shape. Even more so than the 227 because it doesn't get as much press. In the last 9-10 months or so, I've only seen about three 9.2s and one 9.6. Of the 9.2s, two out of three had either crappy PQ or horribly mis-wrapped. The one 9.6 was a Twin Cities copy that sold over at Heritage for $3700+. I had a winning bid of $3585 on the TC copy until my internet connection came to crawl and someone else took it.

Wounded up having to overpay for the one 9.2 with W pages at CL.

I had two 9.2 Tec 395s last year and parted with the miswrapped copy. This one cost me $20 raw on the boards a year or two ago.

cgcDetectiveComics395.jpg

Not for sale, but these two will be sent to Joey then CGC in my next batch of Adams.

tec2003.jpg

I love the content and colors of this book. I would be interested in finding a decent copy of this.

Just received this from CGC yesterday - it has passed through a few boardies now. lol

cgcBatman227vfplus.jpg

Is that the one we were talking about?

Yes. I used to be worried about those right edge handling creases/tears and did not send in books. Now that I know it will only knock them down to the 8.5/9.0 range with CGC it is not as big of an issue.

Well, it looks like the book is off to a good start. i'm actaully surprised how well Adams Bats in general are still doing, not just 227. I was bidding on some other non-key Adams covers and was surprised at how high they wounded up.

...it's cause you don't double box,....I'm just saying,... :whistle:

buyer said box was in pristine condition. so the cracks must have happened at CGC to me. i didn't see them when i rec'd the book. buyer did say that he has OCD tho.

Looks like Tec #411 might even be hotter than Batman #227 based on my current auction hit totals:

Batman #227 CGC 8.5 - 54 views

Tec #411 CGC 9.0 - 62 views

There are currently more bids on the Batman #227, though, but based on the number of watchers (25) I can see the Tec #411 getting some decent bidding action in the end. :wishluck:

I bought the Oakland copy of Batman 241 in the old case late last year on eBay. I sent it in when the PO busted my case for 253 while in transit. Both just came in today looking, IMHO, fantastic.

Batman241.jpg

And of course my 253 from Rocketeer, not an Adams but happy to have it back after a near fatal run in with the post office.

Batman253.jpg

Edited by Walls