• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

That was the Twin Cities pedigree from last year. It was a rather weak 9.6, but PQ was W. I bid about $3300 or so on it myself. Was about submit an even higher bid, but internet lag with the live auction during the last few minutes were so bad, the auction was over by the time I reconnected. Not entirely disappointed. It was probably for the best because after the book reached passed $2500, I was running on testosterone and bidding just to win versus me actually wanting to own the book itself. The wife would have killed me if I had won.

Great story, Brian48. I couldn't remember the pedigree it came from, I wish I could see a picture of it. I know that feeling of getting caught up in the bidding. One door closes and another opens, I always say.

That was the Twin Cities pedigree from last year. It was a rather weak 9.6, but PQ was W. I bid about $3300 or so on it myself. Was about submit an even higher bid, but internet lag with the live auction during the last few minutes were so bad, the auction was over by the time I reconnected. Not entirely disappointed. It was probably for the best because after the book reached passed $2500, I was running on testosterone and bidding just to win versus me actually wanting to own the book itself. The wife would have killed me if I had won.

Great story, Brian48. I couldn't remember the pedigree it came from, I wish I could see a picture of it. I know that feeling of getting caught up in the bidding. One door closes and another opens, I always say.

I saved a hi-res pic of it. Looks more like a 9.4 to me, but I'm a PQ snob.

http://www.angelfire.com/ct2/Jarhead/tec395.htm

I saved a hi-res pic of it. Looks more like a 9.4 to me, but I'm a PQ snob.

http://www.angelfire.com/ct2/Jarhead/tec395.htm

With that BRFC hard to believe that book got a 9.6 - if it wasn't such a weak copy I am sure the bidding would have went higher on it.

I'm actually more taken back by what looks like scuffing towards the top right. The wrap has a lot of white, but it's not too bad as it's straight enough that it doesn't bother me too much.

I'm actually more taken back by what looks like scuffing towards the top right. The wrap has a lot of white, but it's not too bad as it's straight enough that it doesn't bother me too much.

Pretty sure it is a printing flaw (the "scuffing"). Agree with it or not CGC has been consistent that they do not downgrade for it. Maybe at the 9.8 and above level they would but not 9.6 and below.

Another fugly white-stripe (kinda straight?) miswrap will hurt the final price on this one and put a black eye on 9.6 prices in general. At least it wont show up on GPA. Or am I over-reacting?:

Clink Bats 227 9.6

Well, 35 min to go and it's still hovering at $1900. Maybe the miswrap is hurting it afterall. Still not a bad price all things considered.

That Bats 222 is pulling over a grand now. Too bad I just can't get into that book.

no cva sticker, no worthy to buy. :P

lol

Good grief, that Bats 222 was nice. Thank goodness I'm getting more anal about even the slightest of miswraps. 222's are going for the same or more than 227's now. Wow. I do see there are fewer copies in the census.

Well, whomever won it, I hope he's happy with it. I personally hate that issue. I read the story and thought it was so idiotic and campy, it set Batman back about 10 years into the SA. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was the "real" Beatles, but it's not even that. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Bats 227 is all that good of a read either, but it was good enough to get reprinted at least twice.