• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Signature Auction Results, Astonishments, Shocks, Disappointments, etc.

417 posts in this topic

Agreed. Gift grade.

Anyone know what the HOM 175 went for? I can't get on Heritage right now to see if my proxy bid held up :frustrated:

I thought the spine stress alone on the 395 would have knocked it out of 9.6 range without even looking at the damage on the BRFC.

Just goes to show that there are still a lot of people out there with deep pockets that care more about the number on the slab than the book in it.

The Batman 1 VF (Mod P) went for a reasonable price (i.e. $7K below previous GPA).
that previous price was the ficticious Mound city sale...

it went for FMV... an instance where GPA is wrong (thumbs u

No further movement on the Action 1...
not only no "further" movement, but NO movement at all..

That's what I meant...you could hear the tumbleweeds on that one.

Bad luck re the bound volumes...difficult to gauge the market on those obviously, although you were nearly on the money...

The Batman 1 VF (Mod P) went for a reasonable price (i.e. $7K below previous GPA).
that previous price was the ficticious Mound city sale...

it went for FMV... an instance where GPA is wrong (thumbs u

Our man on the spot, Gator. (thumbs u

I am seeing a lot of gift grades on these Twin Cities books just in the 10 out of 15 books I randomly clicked on with the maximized scan.

Some of these 9.8's are just brutal too look at.

ST #135 CGC 9.6.....yikes :sick:

No further movement on the Action 1...
not only no "further" movement, but NO movement at all..

That's what I meant...you could hear the tumbleweeds on that one.

Bad luck re the bound volumes...difficult to gauge the market on those obviously, although you were nearly on the money...

(thumbs u

I am seeing a lot of gift grades on these Twin Cities books just in the 10 out of 15 books I randomly clicked on with the maximized scan.

I did notice looking at the showcase where the books were, that some might be suspect ( bad corners, spine tics, etc...). The only book i remember that looked like a 9.8, was the Strange Tales #114, that book was sharp!!

I was bidding on the Tec 395. Got up to 3100 and was willing to go higher, but internet lag hit. By the time I reconnected, bidding had closed on it. Oh well.

Consider yourself lucky. That is one of the softest 9.6's I've ever seen with all of the bottom edge stress. Looks more like a 9.0 than a 9.6. When I initially saw that there was a 9.6 coming up a few weeks ago, I got excited but then I clicked on the large scan and decided I wouldn't be bidding. What did it go for?

A crazy price paid for a book which I thought was at best a 9.2. Wonder who did the grading on that copy ?

Please let them be the same graders on my latest submission....... :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

Is the live bidding for the action #2 over?

Yup. Went for $6572 with BP.

(thumbs u

I did notice looking at the showcase where the books were, that some might be suspect ( bad corners, spine tics, etc...). The only book i remember that looked like a 9.8, was the Strange Tales #114, that book was sharp!!

Don't get me wrong these books are very nice, but seem to be a little on the loose side for grading. That is just what my opinion is on seeing the books from the big scans at least.

Though if I were an uber HG collector some of the ASM's would be awesome to have in my collection for sure. (thumbs u