• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is considered High Grade?

168 posts in this topic

If fine (6.0) is the median grade...

6.1 or higher = high grade

5.9 or lower = low grade

How about this?

0 - 3.3 = low grade

3.4 - 6.6 = mid grade

6.7 - 10.0 = high grade

Rounding up gives you:

0 - 3.5 = low grade

4.0 - 7.0 = mid grade

7.5 - 10.0 = high grade

Rounding down to a number divisible by two gives you:

0 - 2 = low grade

2 - 6 = mid grade

6 - 10 = high grade

(since we are all just making stuff up as we gobedrock-clapper.gif )

5.9 or lower = low grade

How about this?

0 - 3.3 = low grade

3.4 - 6.6 = mid grade

6.7 - 10.0 = high grade

Rounding up gives you:

0 - 3.5 = low grade

4.0 - 7.0 = mid grade

7.5 - 10.0 = high grade

0 - 2 = low grade

2 - 6 = mid grade

6 - 10 = high grade

I wasn't making stuff up as I went along. I was using the math that I learned in grade school (rounding up) and then using the nearest CGC grades, without overlapping them.

You on the other hand....

:baiting:

5.9 or lower = low grade

How about this?

0 - 3.3 = low grade

3.4 - 6.6 = mid grade

6.7 - 10.0 = high grade

Rounding up gives you:

0 - 3.5 = low grade

4.0 - 7.0 = mid grade

7.5 - 10.0 = high grade

0 - 2 = low grade

2 - 6 = mid grade

6 - 10 = high grade

I wasn't making stuff up as I went along. I was using the math that I learned in grade school (rounding up) and then using the nearest CGC grades, without overlapping them.

Roy, you should know by now the futility of using logic on these boards. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

5.9 or lower = low grade

How about this?

0 - 3.3 = low grade

3.4 - 6.6 = mid grade

6.7 - 10.0 = high grade

Rounding up gives you:

0 - 3.5 = low grade

4.0 - 7.0 = mid grade

7.5 - 10.0 = high grade

0 - 2 = low grade

2 - 6 = mid grade

6 - 10 = high grade

Love you Roy... But this...

How about this?

0 - 3.3 = low grade

3.4 - 6.6 = mid grade

6.7 - 10.0 = high grade

Is purely made up by you. Therefore any rounding after this preposition is, like your wardrobe, pure fancy (thumbs u

It's been stated before, and it's not original, but I don't believe has been stated here per se...high grade is different levels for different genres of books...in some cases a 9.8 GA book and a Modern 9.8 book may both be high grade and share the same number...

but for Atlas/Marvel Pre-Heros, for example, 7.5 (and up) would be high grade and in many cases 7.0 and up...but 7.0 and 7.5 will never be high grade in Bronze, Copper or Modern...

And until more Pre-Hero books are submitted and/or catalogued, there are many books that don't even have a Top 10 that is exclusively above 7.0 or 7.5...case in point I just submitted a JIM 58 and it came back blue label 5.0 (what I had it graded as)...this book has only 7 books in higher grade (blue label)...2 in 8.5; 1 in 8.0; 1 in 7.5; 2 in 6.0; 1 in 5.5 and mine the only 5.0 (#8 on the list)...there are many examples of this for these books...

Edited by trmoore54

How about this?

0 - 3.3 = low grade

3.4 - 6.6 = mid grade

6.7 - 10.0 = high grade

Is purely made up by you. Therefore any rounding after this preposition is, like your wardrobe, pure fancy (thumbs u

Really?

I thought it was pretty logical to divide a perfect 10 into 3 equal thirds to quantify the difference between Low/Mid/High.

It's been stated before, and it's not original, but I don't believe has been stated here per se...high grade is different levels for different genres of books...in some cases a 9.8 GA book and a Modern 9.8 book may both be high grade and share the same number...

but for Atlas/Marvel Pre-Heros, for example, 7.5 (and up) would be high grade and in many cases 7.0 and up...but 7.0 and 7.5 will never be high grade in Bronze, Copper or Modern...

And until more books are submitted and/or catalogued, there are many books that don't even have a Top 10 that is exclusively above 7.0 or 7.5...case in point I just submitted a JIM 58 and it came back blue label 5.0 (what I had it graded as)...this book has only 7 books in higher grade (blue label)...2 in 8.5; 1 in 8.0; 1 in 7.5; 2 in 6.0; 1 in 5.5 and mine the only 5.0 (#8 on the list)...there are many examples of this for these books...

......and also, it is an individual thing. If 7.5 looks great to you....who's to say it isn't high grade. However, as the good Doctor just said, 9.0 and up is a mighty convenient cut-off point....the upper 90 percentile. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

How about this?

0 - 3.3 = low grade

3.4 - 6.6 = mid grade

6.7 - 10.0 = high grade

Really?

I thought it was pretty logical to divide a perfect 10 into 3 equal quadrants to quantify the difference between Low/Mid/High.

What about the books between 3.3 and 3.4 Also 6.6 and 6.7?

How about this?

0 - 3.3 = low grade

3.4 - 6.6 = mid grade

6.7 - 10.0 = high grade

Really?

I thought it was pretty logical to divide a perfect 10 into 3 equal quadrants to quantify the difference between Low/Mid/High.

:frustrated:

I don't know, I'll have to start a thread about it!

:censored:

How about this?

0 - 3.3 = low grade

3.4 - 6.6 = mid grade

6.7 - 10.0 = high grade

Really?

The reason I asked is because I saw an ASM 9.46 listed in the dealers section. I figured there might be a 6.68 FS somewhere.

How about this?

0 - 3.3 = low grade

3.4 - 6.6 = mid grade

6.7 - 10.0 = high grade

Really?

The reason I asked is because I saw an ASM 9.46 listed in the dealers section. I figured there might be a 6.68 FS somewhere.
ballpitbazinga.gif

I once had a board member offer me an Avengers 102 CGC 90.8 OW/W.