• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is considered High Grade?

168 posts in this topic

I'd say across the board, HG is 9.2+.

For GA, I'd consider 8.0+ HG enough for me.

For SA Marvels, 9.2+.

SA DCs 8.0+. (much tougher in grade than Marvels)

BA 9.4+.

What I highlighted in bold is showing Ben's thinking is somewhat more towards the New School thinking of how each era or decade can be broken up into categories of when HG starts for him.

which CGC has totally influenced (thumbs u 30 years ago, HG was considered MINT or NM/MT :)

Exactly. (thumbs u

Here's one way to look at "high grade" by decades and visually see the shifts.

The page is a little slow loading, about a minute to load... but I think it's probably worth the wait. :wishluck:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/statsbydecade.asp

This is further evidence of the awesomeness of your site. (worship)

I love shills in the morning. :cloud9:

Me too. It's bad enough when the Regulars make you look foolish, but when a shill does it, it's just embarassing.

Well alleybat I am glad you are admitting you are at least a shill. :foryou:

Wrong again. Ask around, it's obvious to some.

'Grade' is a objective subjective, clearly defined assessment of a book's physical condition with no regard for its scarcity or desirability.

:gossip: Fixed it for you.

I'd say across the board, HG is 9.2+.

For GA, I'd consider 8.0+ HG enough for me.

For SA Marvels, 9.2+.

SA DCs 8.0+. (much tougher in grade than Marvels)

BA 9.4+.

What I highlighted in bold is showing Ben's thinking is somewhat more towards the New School thinking of how each era or decade can be broken up into categories of when HG starts for him.

Yes, but you'll notice his HG doesn't start any lower than 8.0, regardless of era.

Me too. It's bad enough when the Regulars make you look foolish, but when a shill does it, it's just embarassing.

So you would like me to ask around of why you are such a loser you keep getting banned to come back to get banned again?

What kind of dog though? Does tail length come into play? If we're talking a golden retriever, then sure, but what about a dog with a stumpy tail? I don't think we can put all dogs in the same bucket here.

If you can figure out how to.

No sir, I would not like to take the time to figure out why you are such a loser.

It is probably because your parents left that coat hanger mark on your forehead before you were born.

I kid, I kid. (:

But I did ask a real question that you deflected with this stuff: if there is one copy of a Golden Age book in existence, and that book is coverless, do you consider it high grade?

No sir, I would not like to take the time to figure out why you are such a loser.

It is probably because your parents left that coat hanger mark on your forehead before you were born.

I kid, I kid. (:

But I did ask a real question that you deflected with this stuff: if there is one copy of a Golden Age book in existence, and that book is coverless, do you consider it high grade?

I would...if it was never intended to have a cover.

I kid, I kid. (:

Let's say it was intended to have a cover.

Are you letting yourself get sucked back into this argument Richard? I remember the first time, you were left looking pretty silly.

:hi:

:hi:

See SOT, you shoulda went directly to Nick, he's pretty sharp (thumbs u (the good one)

I kid, I kid. (:

Let's say it was intended to have a cover.

Are you letting yourself get sucked back into this argument Richard? I remember the first time, you were left looking pretty silly.

We all look silly at some point. At least you have cute kids. I wonder how that happened? hm