• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circa 1976

121 posts in this topic

Left%20the%20gate%20open.png

Oh boy. Somebody musta left the gate open at the old folks home!

lol

Mine was skinny and lime green, looked sort of like this one except the wheels were clear/whitish and a little smaller.

350_complete-green__19053_zoom.jpg

Screw you, man. I'm as hip as can be.

doh! Oh, yeah. That was 1977-1989. Now I drive a mini-van.

I had one of the skinny orange boards with a very slight fin in the back. I grew up on a farm and found out pretty quick that there was no place to skateboard. That's about it for my skateboarding career. I got it circa 1978.

You're such a hick. lol

I prefer bucolic.

Now I am super cosmopolitan.

What happened on the farm stays on the farm.

...because animals can't talk. hm

I also remember watching the fireworks on the news because the US had just turned 200 years... I was too young to fully comprehend, but to this day I'm sure they showed footage of the fireworks above the Statue of Liberty... this was the first time I was "aware" of the United States.

I remember Marvel's bi-centennial calander (Kirby/Cap cover) and a big celebration for the US birthday.

1976 Olympics were also held in Montreal, QC.

1976 was sort of my comics "coming of age".

I was six, so Dice would have been my bully if he lived in my neighbourhood.

:fear:

I attended the 4th of July 1976 Bicentennial Concert in Tampa, Florida featuring Loggins and Messina, Fleetwood Mac, and the Eagles (Joe Walsh had just joined the band, Hotel California hadn't been released yet).

Maybe attended isn't the right word, let's say I was present. I overdosed on 'shrooms; I don't remember Loggins and Messina at all, I was euphoric during Fleetwood Mac, and spiritually contemplative during the Eagles. Randy Meisner sang "Take it to the Limit", they didn't do that song live very often. It was awesome. (:

Being a young man in Central Florida during the "70's was great.

You mean this one ?

scooby3mysterymachine.jpg

Bet you can pack a of tumblers in there...

You mean this one ?

scooby3mysterymachine.jpg

Bet you can pack a ton of tumblers in there...

Or romance comics...

Next time I go to Mom's house, I'll go through her pics and show you guys some dandy stuff. ^^

1976....I was in the Alpha Centauri system watching a re run of Earth's 1980 Presidential Election. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You youngens missed out on a great time. Charlie's Angel's t-shirts, Farrah posters, feathered hair and bell bottoms. Also the early years of Members Only jackets. (worship)

.....a gallon of gas ? 38 cents. ....a movie ? 1 dollar.......large combination Italian Pizza ? 4 dollars....pack of smokes ? 50 cents.....comic book ? 35 cents.....high grade FF # 1 ? 500 dollars.....brand new Mustang ? 2500 dollars.....brand new house on the water ? 80 K.......what the heck happened ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Minimum wage ? $2.35.....which was about 13 dollars today.