• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - Some PLATINUM and GA Goodness (1st Barks; Popeye; Disney; more)

198 posts in this topic

Those of you pining for a companion piece to your "Hello Pal #2" will be glad to see this. "Edgar Bergen's Charley McCarthy Meets Walt Disney's Snow White" (Whitman 1938). A simply bizzare adaptation. Overall VG. Internally nice. $30.

DSC00402.jpg

It always has amazed me that Edgar Bergen was so famous - he was a RADIO VENTRILOQUIST. That's moronic - oxymoronic that is. "Like jumbo shrimp" as George Carlin said...

Man, I keep looking at this, and wanting to fly the Take It sign, and then I start wondering what the bloody hell I'd ever do with it... this is one of the oddest books I've ever seen.

Those of you pining for a companion piece to your "Hello Pal #2" will be glad to see this. "Edgar Bergen's Charley McCarthy Meets Walt Disney's Snow White" (Whitman 1938). A simply bizzare adaptation. Overall VG. Internally nice. $30.

DSC00402.jpg

It always has amazed me that Edgar Bergen was so famous - he was a RADIO VENTRILOQUIST. That's moronic - oxymoronic that is. "Like jumbo shrimp" as George Carlin said...

Man, I keep looking at this, and wanting to fly the Take It sign, and then I start wondering what the bloody hell I'd ever do with it... this is one of the oddest books I've ever seen.

Rickster..it really is one of the creepiest things I have ever seen. Here are some pics from the book. Charlie behind the Magic Mirror really gets to me

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

Lets start off tonight with a set of 4 really nice Whitman books from 1938. Walt Disney's Story of Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney's Story of Dippy the Goof, and 2 copies of Walt Disney's Story of Clarabelle Cow. These are in really nice shape. Some slight storage wear to spine extremities but they appear in almost unread condition. $100 for all 4 books.

DSC00416.jpg

The Adventures of Mickey Mouse Book 1 (David McKay). First Disney book. This is the softcover version. Original color illustrations. Condition is GD with the spine strip missing. Guide is $38. I say $15.

DSC00419.jpg