• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- Nov 11-13, 2011

137 posts in this topic

Hotflips Jeff and Bob from Highgrade Comics will be making the drive down. :banana::banana:

Will you have Mylite 2's and Fullbacks? :wishluck:

Yes we will (thumbs u

Will you provide your usual friendly service?

Hotflips Jeff and Bob from Highgrade Comics will be making the drive down. :banana::banana:

Will you have Mylite 2's and Fullbacks? :wishluck:

Yes we will (thumbs u

Will you provide your usual friendly service?

Of course. Depends on the drive though. Its a long one. But ill do my best.

I keep hoping that we can get some decent attendance behind this show. C'mon, there has to be more people in the area that could attend it! Plus, a board dinner (or just board get together) would be cool too.

The guest list does look pretty good, and the floor had some decent books last year. I do hope though that there will be some more tonnage at this years show. A few guys were stocked with great books, there were some guys with some good box diving, and the normal few booths with the quarter box fodder.

From the Dallas show in May, I was initially disappointed in the wall books, but I spent time box diving and found some gems. Not something I normally do, but I look forward to the possibilities.

What's everyone else looking forward to????

I keep hoping that we can get some decent attendance behind this show. C'mon, there has to be more people in the area that could attend it! Plus, a board dinner (or just board get together) would be cool too.

The guest list does look pretty good, and the floor had some decent books last year. I do hope though that there will be some more tonnage at this years show. A few guys were stocked with great books, there were some guys with some good box diving, and the normal few booths with the quarter box fodder.

From the Dallas show in May, I was initially disappointed in the wall books, but I spent time box diving and found some gems. Not something I normally do, but I look forward to the possibilities.

What's everyone else looking forward to????

A Mighty Fine cheeseburger with krinkle cut fries & a chocolate shake :cloud9:

Oh.....box diving too.

Anyone taking SS Subs for Austin?

I believe that CGC will be attending (they did last year) so if you come to the show you can get a witness through them. So far that I am aware of nobody else that would be able to witness has posted that they will be coming. Depending on what you want there will be people like me that could try to help you out on a book or two, but I know I won't be taking any large stacks for other people as I will be worried about my own books. But depending on what you want I could see what I could do if nobody else like Desertwind steps up with a CAW.

EDIT: And just to clarify, I am not a CAW, I would just be taking the books up to the CGC booth and getting a witness just like everyone else.

I checked with Chandler, he does not have any CAWs for Austin and GACollectibles is not sure at this time. I am looking to Sign up for a prepaid Sketch from Michael Golden or Stéphane Roux for a Star Wars cover, then have : Bonnie Piesse, Orli Shoshan, Jake Lloyd and Daniel Logan SS done on that cover. Maybe 1 other Sketch from Billy Tucci/Michael Golden for a Batman Cover. 2 Books nothing Major.

But any help on this would be much Appreciated :)

I checked with Chandler, he does not have any CAWs for Austin and GACollectibles is not sure at this time. I am looking to Sign up for a prepaid Sketch from Michael Golden or Stéphane Roux for a Star Wars cover, then have : Bonnie Piesse, Orli Shoshan, Jake Lloyd and Daniel Logan SS done on that cover. Maybe 1 other Sketch from Billy Tucci/Michael Golden for a Batman Cover. 2 Books nothing Major.

But any help on this would be much Appreciated :)

I'd be happy to help out with that if I could, but it may get complicated with the sketch and then several added signatures on the same book. You might try PMing Gemma to see what you could find out from CGC. I'm happy to help you facilitate this project if I can, so we can chat more as the show approaches and you know what the situation is.

Great, let us know what she says.

Mysterio,

Gemma directed me to Joe Pierson, I am still waiting to hear back from him on certain details.

I have contacted evaink for the Pre-slot sketches: those are $125 from Michael Golden. As soon as Joe gets back with me I should know if I need the help you offered.

Thanks

Great, let us know what she says.

Mysterio,

Gemma directed me to Joe Pierson, I am still waiting to hear back from him on certain details.

I have contacted evaink for the Pre-slot sketches: those are $125 from Michael Golden. As soon as Joe gets back with me I should know if I need the help you offered.

Thanks

I spoke with Joe, It looks like I would have to have someone pick up the prepaid sketch from Michael Golden with a CGC witness. Then that person and the CGC witness get the 4 SS (Bonnie Piesse, Orli Shoshan, Jake Lloyd and Daniel Logan). Would have to work out payment arrangements for the Sigs.