• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- Nov 11-13, 2011

137 posts in this topic

Last year was ok. I'm hoping this year has more quality, and just more books. There were some good quality dealers last year (Graham crackers, bedrock, world wide) but not the bulk I'm used to seeing at a ww Chicago. There is a good guest list, and if it's at the same place, there is enough room for this to be a good big show.

As far as smaller dealers with some nice diamonds in the rough? I didnt see too much of that last year.

Hey everybody , I wanted to post as we are attending this show. My, we had a great time last year, so we want to invite everybody to come on out. If it's your 1st time; and if it's your second, come on out again and have some more fun!! My name is Don and I have a chain of comic specialty shops called Curious Goods and Comics I, II, and III . My store number 2 is online only, where store 1 and 3 are brick and mortar shops. Currently we run our online shop exclusively thru a website of networked sellers. The website is called www.comiccollectorlive.com and we are under the flagship store www.curiousgoodsandcomics.com. Currently thru that website there are over 150 stores registered; and we are the top rated store among the network. We have over 100,000 comics listed on our web-store @ www.curiousgoodsandcomics.com , and over 100k comics in both our brick and mortar shops. This show will be our 2nd for Wizard, so when we do these we try to bring a ton of stuff and we plan on attending every year and getting more area at every show as we progress. So if there are any requests, let me know via pm and I can do my best to bring what I can. There's no way I can bring everything I have way too much stuff lol; but if I can get you fixed up, or if you have a specific request please let me know. I'm new to this forum, and I'll be in and out; but I look forward to spending some great quality time with everybody here. It's great to meet you and I look forward to chatting and posting, and you can catch me also on Facebook under Don Flores ,where I regularly update and send out updates for our stores activity, and of course, on the www.comiccollectorlive.com site forum and www.comiccollectorlive.com's seller corner thread post, where we do a more frequent updates for our online shop there, i.e. comics listed for sale, new additions, collections that are being added, and so forth. I hope to meet some of you at this years' wizard world Austin 2011 comic con, see ya soon...Don

forgot to mention we will be at booth # 722

I want to come....just not sure if this is a 3 day or 1 day event for me this year. Leaning towards Sunday only.

I was hoping to make it a 3 day event, but if I can't get out of town fast enough Friday I may make only Sat-Sun. I'll just have to see...

I looked up the con after you posted a link...and it looks like a really good one. However, that is a little farther than I want to drive. Would love to hang with you guys though. :( Maybe next year Rog.

You should try and make it.