• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC recognition of Pedigree

14 posts in this topic

This might be a little off topic but I am curious about how much proof is required to have CGC recognize a book as being from a known pedigree collection. I've found a few books on eBay that are listed as part of the Curator pedigree. Specifically, Shadow 2 (1973 series) that I'd like to purchase and submit. The listing states that a "letter of authenticity" comes with the book but I wonder who is the final decision maker and what level of proof is needed to identify the book as being part of a given pedigree so that it is identified on the slab itself.

Thanks!

This might be a little off topic but I am curious about how much proof is required to have CGC recognize a book as being from a known pedigree collection. I've found a few books on eBay that are listed as part of the Curator pedigree. Specifically, Shadow 2 (1973 series) that I'd like to purchase and submit. The listing states that a "letter of authenticity" comes with the book but I wonder who is the final decision maker and what level of proof is needed to identify the book as being part of a given pedigree so that it is identified on the slab itself.

Thanks!

I believe the COA is enough for CGC. (thumbs u Also, proof of sale from the guy selling it is helpful.

Thanks for the info!. I did do the research to determine who JHMComics was and as you say it is John Hauser. Picked up his The Shadow 3 and X-Men 151. Hopefully they are in NM as described in the listing!

:wishluck:

Some Peds are easily recognizable if they have strong characteristics that are specific to that ped ie. date stamps, smell, wear characteristics, preservation, etc.

i bought several mile high II comics from mile high before cgc existed. I sent them in with the coa and cgc did not recognized the pedigree

MH II was a warehouse find...100s of duplicates of many issues.

Chuck struck a deal with CGC to have the notation placed on the slab...but only for his initial submission, which ran into the 1,000s.

Any other MH II book submitted by anybody will be ignored.

one could say MH2 was "un-pedigreed" along with Circle 8 and Diamond Run as they were all warehouse/overage finds. not true collections.

Diamond Run was disqualified due to the large number of second hand books in the collection, NOT because it was a warehouse find (it wasn't).

one could say MH2 was "un-pedigreed" along with Circle 8 and Diamond Run as they were all warehouse/overage finds. not true collections.

Diamond Run was disqualified due to the large number of second hand books in the collection, NOT because it was a warehouse find (it wasn't).

And, IIRC, Circle 8 had a problem with there not being enough books (maybe even not enough key books) to really be a ped. But I will say, I have one Circle 8 book and it is amazing.