• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

"hiatus from collecting for a while"

:o

As compared to the number of books I acquired in the last two years, a dozen or so books will seem like a hiatus. All I'm doing these days are basically upgrades and swapping books. :( I'm still hanging out here, but there will be more books leaving my collection this year than coming into it.

I also have many home projects. Got to keep the home looking great.

Hater! :baiting:

Although I agree the darker colors give it a creepier feel including the spotlight effect on the clock for emphasis, the recolored BA book looses a lot of that detailed Russ Heath linework that makes this cover :cloud9:

MensAdventures26Copy2.jpg

PS: I like the side panels!

It's a great piece of artwork, either way. I like them both & find it hard to pick a fave, but if I had to I'd take the original because of the detail. just a matter of taste. Personally, I like the side panels, too. I used to hate them for the same reason as Sterling, but they have grown on me over the years. I think of them as "extra treats" now. :popcorn:

In a similar vein, one thing I still haven't changed my stance on is needless word balloons on a cover. Nothing like ruining a great piece with a big old "Look! It's your husband! He's come back from the dead for revenge!!!" balloon. :/

FYI...House of Mystery is being revived and pre-orders for #1 can be placed now. #1 features a Wrightson cover (apparently a variant) and I've also included #2 cover. I'll save my ramblings of the month to month commentary in the Modern drek section but just wanted to give you guys a heads up here, since you guys know this is my regular stomping grounds. The following excerpt was lifted from DC's web site:

HOUSE OF MYSTERY focuses on five characters trapped in a supernatural bar, trying to solve the mystery of how and why they're imprisoned there. Each one has a terrible past they'd like to forget, and with no books, newspapers or TV allowed in the House, they face an eternity of boredom. But stories become the new currency, and fortunately, the House attracts only the finest storytellers.

In addition to the ongoing trials and struggles of the five unfortunate souls trapped within the HOUSE OF MYSTERY, illustrated by superstar artist Luca Rossi, each issue in the first storyline also includes a short tale, as told by one of the customers, written by Willingham and illustrated by a host of fine guest artists, including two-time Eisner Award nominee Ross Campbell (WATERBABY, Wet Moon), SANDMAN fan favorite and multiple Eisner winner Jill Thompson, and classic horror artist Bernie Wrightson, whose first published work was in House of Mystery #179. This series is topped off with ethereal, jaw-dropping covers from Sam Weber (The New Yorker, The New York Times, Time Magazine)and a stunning variant cover by Wrightson on the debut issue.

9388_400x600.jpg

9587_400x600.jpg

P.S. SHOWCASE HOUSE OF SECRETS (81-98) hits stores in July!

Pretty cool! (thumbs u

haven't heard too much about this but issue #1 is giving me an Amityville Horror feel with those flies while #2 has a Cthulu feel to it! An anthology series is it? :wishluck:

From what I read, it's a little bit of both. As you are aware, Cain's time in the House was expanded late in the series and more notably in Sandman. They are having the main center be around the house and its occupants, but they will be telling tales (unrelated to the primary plot) every issue.

I'm not sure if Cain will be around or not.

#1 harkens back to the "Gothic" covers DC did across its line...more notably Dark Mansion and Sinister House.

Regardless, this fanboy will be there for the start, and see if it's worth it. :wishluck: I wonder what the logo will be...please bring back the classic logo!

I wish more HOM art with Cain would pop up! Where is it all? I have basically bought every page of HOM OA with Cain I could find over the last two years and am just not finding anymore. :(

I'll give the new title a shot, but I am not holding my hopes too high.

I wish more HOM art with Cain would pop up! Where is it all? I have basically bought every page of HOM OA with Cain I could find over the last two years and am just not finding anymore. :(

I'll give the new title a shot, but I am not holding my hopes too high.

Have you lurched around in the OA section?

well, Wrightson is waaaayyyy out of my price league. A splash like that would be $15-20k minimum.

I have poked around the OA thread, joined CAF, looked at all the dealers, sent out word that I was buying, the whole nine yards. One splash turned up that isn't for sale, from HOM 283. It's not expensive art, and I don't know how many others would pay $300 for a late 70's/ early 80's tanghal splash, but it's all hidden somewhere. Eventually it will turn up I am sure.

well, Wrightson is waaaayyyy out of my price league. A splash like that would be $15-20k minimum.

Wow. Thanks for confirming for me why I don't collect OA. I'm amazed at what below the radar titles like Ghosts bring in for cover OA.

$15-20k minimum.

Just an educated guess, but I'd say more like $25-40kish.

If I had the money, :takeit:

That piece is an on bristol. :luhv: