• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

It's hard to belive there is only one HOM 175 in 9.4, one HOS 83 in 9.4, and not more 9.6's and 9.8's of some of these DC horror books. Maybe all those years in the .25/.50/dollar boxe's has made them relatively scarce in high grade?

I wonder who has the 175? :whistle:

No scans yet but a few recent submissions that were just graded.

Chamber of Chills #4 CGC 9.8

Dead of Night #3 CGC 9.8

Weird Wonder Tales #2 CGC 9.8

Weird Wonder Tales #3 CGC 9.6

Werewolf By Night #5 CGC 9.4

Werewolf By Night #20 CGC 9.4

Monsters on The Prowl #16 CGC 9.8

Creatures on the Loose #20 CGC 9.6

Creatures on the Loose #24 CGC 9.8

Creatures on the Loose #25 CGC 9.8

No scans yet but a few recent submissions that were just graded.

Chamber of Chills #4 CGC 9.8

Dead of Night #3 CGC 9.8

Weird Wonder Tales #2 CGC 9.8

Weird Wonder Tales #3 CGC 9.6

Werewolf By Night #5 CGC 9.4

Werewolf By Night #20 CGC 9.4

Monsters on The Prowl #16 CGC 9.8

Creatures on the Loose #20 CGC 9.6

Creatures on the Loose #24 CGC 9.8

Creatures on the Loose #25 CGC 9.8

Holy :censored:

Ok...i went 100 from the front...and went back 100 from the rear.......

since there are over 500 post it was a little intimidating...lol

I love SA and BA horror...but BA more...because its more cost effective for my collection :)

This is my 2nd post...and from what im seeing on these boards im loving it..EVERYONE has very awsome books...

I only have 2 CGC books...as i dont really collect slabed books....and am not a HG collector...but..they are both Tomb of Dracula :D

Wanted to share a few of my faves...not sure if these were posted in the 500+ replies...but i checked at least 200 of them :D

Tales of the Zombie #1

ToZ1.jpg

Tales of the Zombie #4

ToZ2.jpg

Marvel Premiere #28

MPremier28.jpg

Adventure Comics #431

AdvComics431.jpg

Weird Mystery Tales #6

WMT6.jpg

Not totally sure if the AC#431 is considered horror...but to me the Specter was supposed to be pretty damn horrible...and that cover just screams HORROR!

Now off to check the rest of this thread...

A few more. Will post scans after I pick them up next week.

Creatures on The Loose #26 CGC 9.6

Chamber of Chills #18 CGC 9.4

Monsters on the Prowl #12 CGC 9.6

Werewolf By Night #7 CGC 9.4

I posted this in the OA forum, but was asked to put it here too, as some of you horror fans might not venture over there very often.

Found on a total fluke in a little shop. A page from Tales of the Zombie. :cloud9:

67770.jpg

I like the covers to the Fear title very much. Fear #8 has a certain charm to it, that remind me of Golden Age horror. Great monster covers too in the early issues, Kirby reprints, which exposed his art to kids growing up in the early 1970s like me.

That issue of Ghosts #1 in 9.4 must have carried a steep price. Nestor Redondo, Filipino artist, and artist extraordinaire, has a story in issue issue #8. His art always blows me away every time I see it. Not just his pencils, but his inking too. Simply superb. Has there been much mention of Redondo's art in this thread?

Wow. That's the first time I read that story, thanks for posting it. What a sad story, I am sure as an adult I see the story quite different then I would if I read it when I was a kid. What title and issue # is it?

End of :bump:

hom7.jpg

This was also reprinted in one of those oversized "treasury" type editions, which is where I read it as a kid. If I had a scan I'd share. Anyone? (shrug)

I posted this in the OA forum, but was asked to put it here too, as some of you horror fans might not venture over there very often.

Found on a total fluke in a little shop. A page from Tales of the Zombie. :cloud9:

67770.jpg

Now THAT is a nice score. Don't you love it when you just stumble across something like that unexpectedly?! :applause:

Wow. That's the first time I read that story, thanks for posting it. What a sad story, I am sure as an adult I see the story quite different then I would if I read it when I was a kid. What title and issue # is it?

End of :bump:

hom7.jpg

This was also reprinted in one of those oversized "treasury" type editions, which is where I read it as a kid. If I had a scan I'd share. Anyone? (shrug)

...and not to flog a dead horse, I hope I haven't mentioned this before, but when I was a kid I misunderstood that panel where the MD is scrubbing up. I thought for the longest time that the suds were actually the kid's brainmatter that the DR had already scooped out! :sick: