• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

Hello,

Is there any of us Bronze age horror guys left?????? Did we lose interest/momentum with the down turn in value? On the bright side, I can buy my beloved DC Horror books for a song.

Bronze horror was just a victim of the circular hotness in comics. A previously dormant sector or genre suddenly catches fire, prices rise with new interest from collectors who go "wow" when they see the covers (usually here on the Boards) and the race is on. Only to cool off as they are no longer "cheap and cool" but have become "fairly expensive and cool, but not cool enough to go after them all at these prices!.

Id say be happy that the wave happened at all, because these books deserved their year in the sun... and will rise again.

Hello,

Is there any of us Bronze age horror guys left?????? Did we lose interest/momentum with the down turn in value? On the bright side, I can buy my beloved DC Horror books for a song.

Bronze horror was just a victim of the circular hotness in comics. A previously dormant sector or genre suddenly catches fire, prices rise with new interest from collectors who go "wow" when they see the covers (usually here on the Boards) and the race is on. Only to cool off as they are no longer "cheap and cool" but have become "fairly expensive and cool, but not cool enough to go after them all at these prices!.

Id say be happy that the wave happened at all, because these books deserved their year in the sun... and will rise again.

I just became interested in these in the past 6 months. Mostly HOM, but I will buy any DCs that I like. That being said, some of the prices are pretty crazy. But what a great offering of some great covers from some of comics greatest artists!

On a side note 5+ years with only the lone 9.4 HOM 190 on the census, this past month 2 9.6s have shown up.

I will not be watching any of those high grade Neal Adams covers, nope not me.....

:whistle:

Hello,

Yep. It amazes me how uncollected these were for so many years.

On a side note 5+ years with only the lone 9.4 HOM 190 on the census, this past month 2 9.6s have shown up.

Really?!? I haven't been keeping track...awesome. Unfortunately, CGC's grading has been lax as of late, and I will be judging the book and not the label if it does come up for sale.

Several books I'm tired of chasing...

WH #4...HOM #175 #190 and #205...still need one....this is frickin nuts.

Remind me, are you looking for 9.4 and above?

Technically yes, although it seems that 9.6 or higher seems to be the norm.

I will not be watching any of those high grade Neal Adams covers, nope not me.....

:whistle:

Jerry Weist has two Tomahawk Adams covers in 9.6...but I think you have those already... :gossip:

Sterling you're still looking for a WH 4 9.4 ? Sadly I sold my copy way too cheap a year or so ago. If I knew you were still looking for one Id have wrote you first.

Very, very nice looking Phantom Stranger 10 CGC 9.6 up right now in one of Jerry Weist's auctions, if I didnt already have a nice copy Id probably blow the bank out for it as it is one of Adams' best horror covers.

Very, very nice looking Phantom Stranger 10 CGC 9.6 up right now in one of Jerry Weist's auctions, if I didnt already have a nice copy Id probably blow the bank out for it as it is one of Adams' best horror covers.

Yep, it's a beauty...and I'm hoping it flies under the radar, otherwise it won't come cheap! :shy:

Jerry Weist's auctions get really crazy prices most of the time, I still remember a couple years back when he had a bunch of Adams Bats books up and the prices were all 2-3x GPA for the good stuff.

Here's hoping a board member gets the PS 10 though, toughie in high grade and crazy good cover !

Yep, it's a beauty...and I'm hoping it flies under the radar, otherwise it won't come cheap! :shy:

too late.....

too late.....

Cheap is no longer an option. :eek:

Let the pain begin!

too late.....

Let the pain begin!

:doh:

too late.....

Let the pain begin!

:doh:

did you notice the $2500.00 price drop on HoM 176, Dallas Stevens copy on CLink??

did you notice the $2500.00 price drop on HoM 176, Dallas Stevens copy on CLink??

You mean the HoM 179, Oakland copy? True, the label says it's from the Dallas Stephens/MH collection...and that's a travesty! doh!

Alas, it suffers from the common, misangled miswrap...not too many perfectly centered copies out there, but there are a few. :shy:

hom179_8_5.jpg