• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

No...there will always be life here as long as people love Bronze horror. Did you like my Ripley? GK horror has been seriously underrepresented in this thread...

Jim

Yeah, I like all the GK painted covers and have veered out of my focused want list recently to pick some up...including re-acquiring the Mars Patrol issue(s?) I sold you, now why'd I ever do that!?!?! foreheadslap.gif

Covers are great...deathlok blabbering on and on about some unending vendetta against Sterling without apparent reason isn't, neither is reading yet another dart-throwing/forum policing post from MK, nor is yet another post from bassgman stating the obviously obvious while weighing the evidence to and fro about any particular position without taking a stand on anything. frustrated.gif

Yeah, I like all the GK painted covers and have veered out of my focused want list recently to pick some up...including re-acquiring the Mars Patrol issue(s?) I sold you, now why'd I ever do that!?!?! foreheadslap.gif

They weren't dups? Well I greatly appreciate you selling them to me then....

I've been picking up more GK horror/mystery lately and am starting to really appreciate the painted covers. It's amazing to see what I've been missing all these years by just simply stopping and giving them a closer look instead of just flipping through because they were "GKs"... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Looks like this thread has run it's intended course...and has now devolved into an ongoing "thread of horrors"!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Nope, we just need to weed out the bad apples acclaim.gif

Which reminds me, got any other Oaklands you can post... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think I posted my Oakland HoM and Unexpecteds already? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

However, I have been able to upgrade a few books recently, but since I'm limiting my horror to the DC titles up to/including the 52 pagers, they've probably all been posted!! I'll see what I can dig up. In the meantime, I'll toss out a little history of collecting this genre with the original Oakland list of DC horror from August of '98 (incomplete as I didn't have the list of all issues)...and to think there are those who would deny these books pedigree status!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Dark Mansions of Forbidden Love 1 NM $200.00

Dark Mansions of Forbidden Love 2 NM $75.00

Dark Mansions of Forbidden Love 3 NM $75.00

Dark Mansions of Forbidden Love 4 NM+ $60.00

Dark Mansions of Forbidden Love 5 NM $60.00

Ghosts 1 NM $125.00

Ghosts 2 NM $65.00

Ghosts 3 NM $50.00

Ghosts 4 NM $50.00

Ghosts 5 NM $50.00

Ghosts 6 MT $30.00

House of Mystery 174 NM- $100.00

House of Mystery 176 NM $65.00

House of Mystery 177 NM $65.00

House of Mystery 178 NM+ $75.00

House of Mystery 180 NM $49.00

House of Mystery 181 NM+ $49.00

House of Mystery 182 NM+ $65.00

House of Mystery 183 NM $50.00

House of Mystery 184 NM $35.00

House of Mystery 185 NM $35.00

House of Mystery 186 NM+ $35.00

House of Mystery 187 NM+ $35.00

House of Mystery 188 NM+ $35.00

House of Mystery 189 NM+ $40.00

House of Mystery 190 NM+ $30.00

House of Mystery 191 NM+ $40.00

House of Mystery 192 NM+ $39.00

House of Mystery 193 NM+ $36.00

House of Mystery 194 NM+ $40.00

House of Mystery 196 NM+ $30.00

House of Mystery 197 NM $39.00

House of Mystery 198 NM $30.00

House of Mystery 199 NM+ $36.00

House of Mystery 201 NM+ $36.00

House of Mystery 203 NM+ $36.00

House of Secrets 82 NM $65.00

House of Secrets 83 NM+ $70.00

House of Secrets 84 NM $65.00

House of Secrets 85 NM $95.00

House of Secrets 86 NM $65.00

House of Secrets 89 NM+ $70.00

House of Secrets 90 NM $100.00

House of Secrets 92 VF/NM $600.00

House of Secrets 95 NM+/MT $60.00

House of Secrets 96 NM $55.00

House of Secrets 98 MT- $60.00

Sinister House of Secret Love 2 NM $35.00

Sinister House of Secret Love 3 NM- $35.00

Sinister House of Secret Love 4 NM+ $38.00

Sinister House of Secret Love 5 NM+ $38.00

Unexpected 105 NM- $60.00

Unexpected 106 NM+ $40.00

Unexpected 107 NM+ $40.00

Unexpected 108 NM $40.00

Unexpected 109 NM- $40.00

Unexpected 110 NM- $40.00

Unexpected 111 NM $40.00

Unexpected 112 NM $35.00

Unexpected 113 NM+ $30.00

Unexpected 114 NM $30.00

Unexpected 115 NM+ $30.00

Unexpected 116 NM $40.00

Unexpected 117 NM+ $30.00

Unexpected 118 NM+ $30.00

Unexpected 119 NM+ $40.00

Unexpected 120 NM+ $30.00

Unexpected 121 NM $40.00

Unexpected 122 NM+ $50.00

Unexpected 123 NM- $25.00

Unexpected 124 NM $30.00

Unexpected 125 NM+ $30.00

Unexpected 126 NM $30.00

Unexpected 128 NM+ $49.00

Unexpected 129 NM $30.00

Unexpected 131 NM $30.00

Unexpected 132 30 $30.00

Unexpected 134 NM $30.00

Unexpected 135 NM- $30.00

Unexpected 136 NM $30.00

Weird Mystery Tales 1 NM $40.00

Weird War Tales 1 NM $350.00

Weird War Tales 2 NM+ $100.00

Weird War Tales 3 NM+ $100.00

Weird War Tales 4 NM- $95.00

Weird War Tales 5 NM $75.00

Witching Hour 1 NM $150.00

Witching Hour 3 NM+ $85.00

Witching Hour 5 NM $85.00

Witching Hour 6 NM $50.00

Witching Hour 7 NM+ $40.00

Witching Hour 9 NM+ $40.00

Witching Hour 10 NM+ $40.00

Witching Hour 11 NM+ $40.00

Witching Hour 12 NM+ $40.00

Witching Hour 14 NM+ $60.00

Witching Hour 15 NM+ $23.00

Witching Hour 16 NM+ $23.00

Witching Hour 17 NM- $23.00

Witching Hour 18 NM+ $23.00

Witching Hour 19 NM $23.00

Witching Hour 20 NM $23.00

Witching Hour 21 NM+ $17.00

They weren't dups? Well I greatly appreciate you selling them to me then....

I've been picking up more GK horror/mystery lately and am starting to really appreciate the painted covers. It's amazing to see what I've been missing all these years by just simply stopping and giving them a closer look instead of just flipping through because they were "GKs"... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

I agree, I may have to start searching out more GK's! The Blazing One mentioned in one of a recent post on the board that GK's were selling well, but that he was unsure as to whether or not they were overpriced since there have been warehouse find(s?) of the books. The early, painted issues of Solar, Magnus, Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Lost in Space, etc.,. do seem to be a little pricey to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

The early, painted issues of Solar, Magnus, Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Lost in Space, etc.,. do seem to be a little pricey to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think the TV tie-in comics (ST, Twilight, Boris, LIS, etc.) will always command higher prices due to the influx of additional collectors from their respective fandoms.

Solar, Magnus, and Turok for that matter, may have a few additional collectors from Valiant but I doubt it. Magnus also has the Manning collectors. Here are where the more traditional collectors are in my opinion and where you'd be likely to see any fall in prices if warehouse copies became prevalent in the marketplace.

You can still get Grimms, Ripleys, and Spekters pretty cheap in relation... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

some unending vendetta against Sterling without apparent reason

Yeah, that's where this thread went south. The Logan/Sid/Jim stuff piled on after the fact. frown.gif

Deathlok-- I know this here thread is the most reliable locale to find Sterling for your cyber-stalking expedition-- but he also posted on this thread in Comics General, a perfectly flame-worthy thread you may have some small familiarity with already. thumbsup2.gif Take it there, willya? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Brought to you as a public service. 27_laughing.gif

I have explained myself rather well, but you choose not to listen. My mother needed money, not my immediate family. The books I sold ON EBAY accomplished that goal. screwy.gif

Unless you have "evidence" contrary to what I indicated, then I suggest you halt your libel otherwise I'll have to take further action.

Well sterling, since you want the "evidence".

1. You post on the boards about how you need to sell some books for a family emergency, people ask, and you relay the story.

2. You post that you are taking the time to scan the books, which is taking you longer than expected.

3. You post that you are trying to set up a website to sell the books from.

4. You post that you are going to use Ebay to sell your books to "maximize" top dollar.

5. You finally post books on Ebay, without notifying the board that you have done so.

6. Many of your books don't hit the reserve price you have set for them.

7. During your "sale" process you continued to buy books off Ebay.

So sterling, to me this looks like you used a family illness to generate interest in your auctions. You did not do the board any favors at all, despite the interest you claim to have for the boards.

Covers are great...deathlok blabbering on and on about some unending vendetta against Sterling without apparent reason isn't, neither is reading yet another dart-throwing/forum policing post from MK, nor is yet another post from bassgman stating the obviously obvious while weighing the evidence to and fro about any particular position without taking a stand on anything. frustrated.gif

DBanner, now just what did you mean by that? I was just defending myself a few pages back when Greggy threw some darts at me proclaiming that I was playing by some kind of different rules a year ago when I first came to these boards. I was just defending myself regarding how I started a thread about how I was ripped off on an overgraded and restored comic. And I ALWAYS take a position. If you cannot see that then maybe YOU cannot see the obvious. My position is that I do not throw darts at an individual without a voice unless the evidence is blatantly clear without further explanation. I hope that you can respect that. It appears that if you cannot, then maybe things are not as obvious as you say they are.

DBanner, now just what did you mean by that? I was just defending myself a few pages back when Greggy threw some darts at me proclaiming that I was playing by some kind of different rules a year ago when I first came to these boards. I was just defending myself regarding how I started a thread about how I was ripped off on an overgraded and restored comic. And I ALWAYS take a position. If you cannot see that then maybe YOU cannot see the obvious. My position is that I do not throw darts at an individual without a voice. I hope that you can respect that. It appears that if you cannot, then maybe things are not as obvious as you say they are.

Ok, I'll agree with whatever you're trying to say if you promise not to psycho-babble-analyze any more posts on this thread ('cause no one can figure out what you're trying to say half the time anyway). thumbsup2.gif

DBanner, now just what did you mean by that? I was just defending myself a few pages back when Greggy threw some darts at me proclaiming that I was playing by some kind of different rules a year ago when I first came to these boards. I was just defending myself regarding how I started a thread about how I was ripped off on an overgraded and restored comic. And I ALWAYS take a position. If you cannot see that then maybe YOU cannot see the obvious. My position is that I do not throw darts at an individual without a voice. I hope that you can respect that. It appears that if you cannot, then maybe things are not as obvious as you say they are.

Ok, I'll agree with whatever you're trying to say if you promise not to psycho-babble-analyze any more posts on this thread ('cause no one can figure out what you're trying to say half the time anyway). thumbsup2.gif

First off, in no way am I speaking any psycho-babble. I have simply stated my position, which in some cases is to wait until I hear from both sides before casting a verdict. And furthermore, if anyone addresses me directly about any position, whether here or anywhere else, I will answer and explain myself accordingly.

If this is unclear to you then maybe you should read more slowly and try to absorb a little better as it is really not too hard to understand. thumbsup2.gif

I realize that when somebody does not come out with a simple viewpoint, one that requires a little more thought and explanation, that it is a bit much for some people to understand. I guess that's just life on the boards. confused-smiley-013.gif

Time to take your Midol, Jim. Sid was making a fine point. If you aren't even AWARE of what's going on, then maybe you should just sit down and shut the [#@$%!!!] up.

Coming from a guy who rarely posts in this thread but feels the need to try and police it, excuse me if I'm not taking your criticism and general trolling as anything but a really bad joke.

Jim

Horse [#@$%!!!], Jim. I would have preferred not to see a bunch of [#@$%!!!] ruining this thread with petty bickering, but apparently you have other ideas. Again, Jim, USE YOUR BRAIN. You're doing the EXACT same thing that you're person_without_enough_empathying about ME for doing. If you don't like it, then "go fist yourself."

I contributed the books that I have that are germane to the thread, and now I read it whenever new books are put up. Isn't THAT what this thread is for?

Between this attitude and the way you've been acting up in General, I'm going to feel very comfortable simply ignoring you and anything else you might have to say from this point on. Let me know if you ever find a way down off that high horse. (And isn't THAT ironic, that someone would accuse YOU of being on a high horse?) " 893scratchchin-thumb.gif "

Merry christmas? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Growing up, my buddies and I were rabid superhero fans, (Marvel especially), and turned our noses up at almost everything else, including horror. Charlton comics really drew our disdain because of the low production values, perceived low quality of art & story, etc. Nevertheless I managed to read a little of everything as a kid and these days remember them fondly.

On that note, while I was growing up (late 70's?) there was a DC horror comic which featured (a) a man shrinking and getting squished between two billiard balls; and (b) two kids getting revenge on a mean guy by making him eat worms in his sandwich. The last panel shows a gigantic worm crawling out of his deflated body. [#@$%!!!], that was a disgusting picture. Does anybody know what title/issue this was without having to take too much time to look it up?

Banner, you are far and away the loneliest person I know. Leave my name out of your mouth and we'll both be better for it.

Baron Weirwolf's Haunted Library #25 - Unknown until now....the first failed CGC slab tests... grin.gif

haunted25.jpg

Jim

Jim that weed cover and especially this head-in-the-box cover are truly horrific covers. Thanks for posting. I will try to post some GK books later tonight. Maybe some pretty covers will distract some of this "ill will" going around!