• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Dang! This really cuts it! Not only was I already sad about Aparo, but I just found out scripter JOHN ALBANO died May 23 of this year! Now, all three of the creators of this classic are gone... frown.gif

877325-HoM201.jpg

Very nice pick-up OF and for only $6.50! 893whatthe.gif

Can't believe no others bid on this.

Slightly OT but seeing this issue always makes me wonder what that magenta spot near the price is. Is it a hole in the other color plates?

It is on every issue I have ever seen.

877846-ww64.jpg

Thanks Jay. thumbsup2.gif

That little box was actually discussed earlier in the thread. Check out page 612 or try this link...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...rt=612&vc=1

I can't believe this thread is over 600 pages. It blows anything else out of the water in terms of length. Pretty cool. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Only 414 pages on my end so your link doesn't work for me! frustrated.gif

Nevermind, I reset my preferences to view less posts and got up to over 600 pages and used your link! grin.gif

Edited by Jayman

Only 414 pages on my end so your link doesn't work for me! frustrated.gif

Here is what was said. Apparently it was a printing error, some issues have it, some don't. The one without seems to be rarer.

johnenock

The grade on the WWT is either a 9.4 or a 9.6. In the top right after "the mystery and the madness of..." there is a slight change in color(pink). It's not a color touch or anything but looks more like a printing error. There is also the slightest non color breaking crease at the top staple. Can barely see it but its there. Outside of the color thing I bet it'd come back a 9.6. Yeah, got this one from the retired dealer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOC

Definite printing/color error. Seen some copies with it, some without. Just my observation but without it seems "rarer". If you don't mind me asking, what'd you pay?

thumbsup2.gif

I'll agree they must be rarer as I've never seen one (myself) without it!

Thanks!

I've never seen one without the pink either...

Jim

3 out of the 4 that I own don't have it so confused-smiley-013.gif. Shivs told me that 3 out of the 4 he owns has it so confused-smiley-013.gif

OK, one more Rosa book as a tribute to Aparo.

877470-Aparo.jpg

OF, that just sickens me you got that book for $6.50. Awesome searching! thumbsup2.gif

BassG, I was absolutely thinking about this cover to post; I love this one!

I think this thread is just awesome, and I'm thankful I have these boards to share our collective interest on this genre!!! cloud9.gif

I think this thread is just awesome, and I'm thankful I have these boards to share our collective interest on this genre!!! cloud9.gif

Well, since we are being all sentimental here, I certainly agree. This is my favorite thread but the entire Forum has drastically increased my love and enjoyment of this hobby cloud9.gif (in a Viking sort of way).

Well, since we are being all sentimental here, I certainly agree. This is my favorite thread but the entire Forum has drastically increased my love and enjoyment of this hobby cloud9.gif (in a Viking sort of way).

Yep, best thread ever, no contest, hands down. 893applaud-thumb.gif This might be a bold statement, but this thread has also been the biggest single influence on my collection to date. No joke. Kudos to Sterling. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yep, best thread ever, no contest, hands down. 893applaud-thumb.gif This might be a bold statement, but this thread has also been the biggest single influence on my collection to date. No joke. Kudos to Sterling. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh absolutely, me too. Thanks not only to Sterling for starting it but to everyone who has contributed. Shiver (Matthew) hasn't been that active recently but a year or so ago he was my biggest influence in this genre when he posted quite frequently. But after seeing all the covers and talk of these books, along with the relatively overlooked factor of these books being ignored by the public at large for the last three decades making them (IMO) currently undervalued (at least until recently) I figured they are a good value. All the factors put together I jumped in making this by far my main comic interest. I've branched out recently into BA Batman and War books and anything remotely "horrorish" but these DCs are definitely my mainstay. cloud9.gif

OK, one more Rosa book as a tribute to Aparo.

877470-Aparo.jpg

BassG, I was absolutely thinking about this cover to post; I love this one!

It's on my BA short list. Great cover!