• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

Sweet books! I have to say 175 is my fav out of those covers, the deep rich greens and that purple sky look so great in hand!

Not to mention Cain and Gregory first appear!

Just curious, did the slabbed # 174 come with the Don Rosa certificate?

Jay,

No certificate. I don't know if the slabbed copies have them. Anyone know?

I love the cover to 175, too! I definitely find the cover to 178 creepy.

CGC keeps the "documentation" submitted w/pedigree copies (at least they have with all the Oaklands I've submitted). Otherwise, one could re-submit time and again with the same cert, but different books... confused-smiley-013.gif

Sweet books! I have to say 175 is my fav out of those covers, the deep rich greens and that purple sky look so great in hand!

Jay,

CGC keeps the "documentation" submitted w/pedigree copies (at least they have with all the Oaklands I've submitted). Otherwise, one could re-submit time and again with the same cert, but different books... confused-smiley-013.gif

I asked Steve Wyatt when I bought all my raw Rosa books how the COAs were handled when sent to CGC. He said that they DO return all the COAs. He said that they come back in a stack so that it is a good idea to write down which COA # goes with which book, otherwise you'd never know what goes with what when you received the slabs along with a pile of COAs when they are returned to you. At least that's what he told me if I remember it right. I realize that dishonest people could reuse the COAs, but on the other hand, shouldn't they always accompany the books? IMO the COA is more important than the note on the label anyway. I mean geez, what if you were to crack the slab? Would you need to keep the label as a replacement for the COA? I just sent three of mine in to PGX and requested that they return the COAs with the books. I e-mailed in advance to make sure they would notate the Rosa designation on the label, and they said they would.

Jay,

But the Don Rosa book aren't considered a pedigree, am I correct?

But the Don Rosa book aren't considered a pedigree, am I correct?

False--they are recognized by CGC as a pedigree, although they indicate "collection" on the label. foreheadslap.gif

Bizarre! It even says "collection" on the COA.

Is this similar to how CGC handles the Mile High II designation (the ones not submitted by Chuck)?

I picked this up at a local show I went to today before the Bears game. I was pleased to find it in such nice shape and surprised to pick it up for under half guide. This was the last issue I needed to complete the 8 gothic horror/love issues DC put out in the late silver/early bronze age. A great series and I love the cover.

dmfl4.jpg

Wow. I just discovered this forum! Whatta forum! Whatta thread!

It shouldn't be...Unexpected.

Yes, there is no Mystery here.

Glad you're no longer a Phantom, Stranger.

PS: Happy Halloween and Welcome to the Boards!

Wow. I just discovered this forum! Whatta forum! Whatta thread!

It shouldn't be...Unexpected.

Yes, there is no Mystery here.

Glad you're no longer a Phantom, Stranger.

PS: Happy Halloween and Welcome to the Boards!

Thanks! No Secrets here that I have been more actively pursuing precode horror of late. grin.gif

You get some Weird types here... especially around the Witching Hour.

Ssshhhh! Such observations are Forbidden in this Dark Mansion of BA Horror!

POV! You just gave away another one of the Secerts of Haunted House! sumo.gif

hom7.jpg

Precodekeith and October - OMIGOD! I haven't seen this story since I was a kid! I had it in one of those large format DC editions! It just freaked me out as a kid! Yeah that last panel sent my brain into some weird territories thinking about that lobotomized boy.

Wow. Whatta blast from the past.Thanks for posting the entire story. Just amazing.

Sad to see Aparo gone.

We all lost Eisner too this year.

BTW,

What was the over-sized book I'm referring to? A treasury edition? I remember there was a heavy tale about Romans and crucifying Jesus Christ titled, "The Job". Any one have a scan of that book?

It took me a long time to find its original appearance (this was long before the web). For a while I thought it was a back-up in one of the pre-Spectre issues of Adventure Comics. But no, it is found in an issue of Our Army At War, #241.