• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

good deal! I've got tons of books to scan...haven't shown my new acquisitions for the better half of this year...

Yeah, I think alot of us have slowed down on the new scans. We all posted so many scans of new books for so long, it just seemed kind of redundant to keep seeing each others new copies of the same books. At least that's why I haven't posted much either, but I always like seeing other's scans, especially those very early BA DC horror books.

good deal! I've got tons of books to scan...haven't shown my new acquisitions for the better half of this year...

Yeah, I think alot of us have slowed down on the new scans. We all posted so many scans of new books for so long, it just seemed kind of redundant to keep seeing each others new copies of the same books. At least that's why I haven't posted much either, but I always like seeing other's scans, especially those very early BA DC horror books.

I just post the stuff I have gotten particularly good deals on. I agree that it gets redundant, but I love hearing of great buys people get on eBay.

Well, I was referring to books to which I haven't ever scanned or showed. For me it isn't redundancy, it's that with the recent fiascos I haven't been as excited to show off my BLODs.

(waiting for the horror market to deflate at 50%).... shy.gif

I got these two in the mail today, they were an even $10 each with shipping off eBay. I am please with the condition, as both have tough black covers.

unex117.jpg

unex118.jpg

Nice pickup on that 118, not an easy copy to get in nice shape.

Speaking of ebay, I won this tonight.

HOFM 190

After the first time I ordered from them I swore I never would again. All the books were overgraded and I couldn't get them to answer my emails for a return. But I decided to give them another chance after a year and half. If it does come in the mentioned grade I will be very happy as I have been looking for a nice copy of this book for quite some time. I don't mind the date stamp but the off center bottom staple could be a concern. Still looks better than the copy I own. Which is none.

I think this will also wrap up my buying for the year and I am going to take a 2 to 3 month break. I completed much of my collecting goals for the year and I purchased some big books that weren't even on the radar. Time to take it easy and drop the daily searching on the net. Of course I will still leave my daily ebay search on for high grade copies of "Tales Calculated to Drive You Bats." I am having one heck of a time finding high grade copies of the series. I really love the cover art to them but nice copies have eluded me for over a year now.

I'll post a scan of the book when I get it.

I try and avoid JS due to the premiums their auctions bring, and some accusations of overgrading, but hopefully it will be accurate in this case.

That is why I have not placed bids on their books for such a long time. I just hope this one pans out. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif If not, how bad could it really be. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I also think I paid a fair price even if it comes back a vf. Guess we'll see in about 2 weeks and I'll keep you posted.

Also, did anyone see the HofM cgc books listed on comiclink. Some pretty aggressive prices IMO.

Edited by Buck Biggins

Which HOM books?

183 cgc 9.0 for $235, last 9.0 sold in Oct05 for $71 and a 9.2 sold $105 in Aug05

210 cgc 9.4 for $275, last 9.4 sold in Jul05 for $72

221 cgc 9.4 for $375, last 9.4 sold in May05 for $183 and 12mth average is $234

I don't think we would have seen asking prices this high a few ago, let alone last year. If gets them then good for him.