• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

I have bought from Donger lots of times and find him to be one of the best sellars. I love this board because you never know who is watching and who might pop in with something to add. Nice to see you post.

Did a good international transaction with him too. Great seller thumbsup2.gif

Edited by osborn_france

Add me to the bought from the Donger list, though not for awhile. Great guy and good stuff. Matter of fact I have a War is Hell 9.2 up on eBay that he sold me right now.

I have probably bought almost a hundred books from Guy, both on and off line. He is a stand up person who grades as reliably as a single person can in my opinion. I have not always agreed with his grades, but for everyone he has overgraded i have one i think he undergraded, so it more than balances out. I will continue to buy from him as long as he is selling, so the deal about shilling has no validity in my opinion. He is one of ebay's best.

Scott

Every year I make a list of the books I like to get. I usually just pick a series of issues (ex: Wonder Woman 201-210 in 9.2 better) or a number of issues to collect (20 issues of House of Mystery in 9.0 or better). This year I did pretty well across the board. I still need to get a Wonder Woman 201 and 207 in 9.2 or better. If any of you have them please let know if you like to sell.

Now as I wrap up my final purchases of the year I am starting to decide on next years collecting goals. I love DC horror but prices and competition have been hot. Do you guys think this trend will end soon or is it going to get hotter? I ask this because if it is going to get any hotter I may switch to some other titles in the meantime. I love the books but I don't want to pay on the high end for a book iif it becomes cheaper in a year or so. I have seen some pretty aggressive prices lately on ebay and comiclink and its making me think. Of course it would be hard to stay away completely but I might turn down the goal for next year.

So do you think DC horror trend will continue to go up or have we reached its peak?

By the way, thanks Sterling for making some 9.0 and 9.2 availible to us at great prices on ebay next week. I look forward to it.

Maybe once the heavy hitters finish their collecting goals the prices MIGHT stay where they are at presently, but it seems to me in the auctions I watch there are newer players entering the genre, which unfortunately still keeps me out. Anyway, maybe in a couple of years SOME of the books might cool, but thos early HOM and HOS and FTODM and SHOSL will be high until there are influxes of HG copies. That's my 2 cents, though Sterling will probably have a better handle on the horror market since he's been in it for awhile.

My .02...it's all hit or miss. There's been fluctuations in purchasing, but the norm has been high or insane for solid 9.4 or higher. If you can accept 9.0 and 9.2, then you can still get the majority of these books for a song. Such as the case in my upcoming sale.

Your obvious best bet would be to buy raw from a reliable grader, and then get it certified. That is my preferred route, but slabbed books appear more often than reliable raw copies.

My .02...it's all hit or miss. There's been fluctuations in purchasing, but the norm has been high or insane for solid 9.4 or higher. If you can accept 9.0 and 9.2, then you can still get the majority of these books for a song. Such as the case in my upcoming sale.

Your obvious best bet would be to buy raw from a reliable grader, and then get it certified. That is my preferred route, but slabbed books appear more often than reliable raw copies.

hi.gif

hi.gif

flowerred.gif

I set up my PO Box today and changed my address with my CC company and all of the sudden, PAYPAL says my address is confirmed now. confused-smiley-013.gif Guess, my home address wasn't good enough for them. foreheadslap.gif

By looking at your sig line this is going to be a Crazy, Cracked, Mad Sale! poke2.gifhi.gif

Nope, it's a MAD theme in that I'm going Chucky MH "crazy" mad with LOW LOW prices!!! yeahok.gif Too many books to change the theme so I'm going with this.

Things that can be said with the banner:

"That man is MAD to offer books at those prices."

"Is that seller on CRACK? He can get better prices for those books."

"What me worry?"

flowerred.gif

Hey, not been around much recently due to my changing interests. I'll never give up comics, but I'm starting to focus more on collecting bass guitars now. Just bought four more recently. headbang.gif

Anyway, just received my first submission of PGX graded comics in over a year. Nice job. Barex inner well, quick turnaround, very affordable and great packaging. Overall I prefer these guys over CGC, they just don't have the rep that CGC does which can sometimes affect selling prices. I sent in three of my Don Rosa books. PGX ended up designating the Don Rosa Collection status boldly on the label as well as sealed the COA in with the book. Material is so clear that I can't tell if it is sealed inside the inner well, or just inside the outer well. Very snug either way. I prefer this actually over CGC's method of not sealing the COA in with the book. Covers up most of the back cover but hey, I like them together as a set.

Also, now don't laugh as CGC has made these mistakes as well. But check this book out. It is the first PGX 8.83. Top edge sticker also states 9.0. I just averaged the three numbers together to get the 8.83. tongue.gif

1002796-9.0.jpg

1002796-9.0.jpg.c1fb0e3b51b880715c918ac16d9722ad.jpg