• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

I have to agree with you. The three Adams Deadman issues are some of my favorite Deadman art. Neal packed alot of bang for the buck in the short page alotment he was given. Look at his Deadman in Challengers of the Unknown #74 too. It is another of my favorites.

Scott

Issue # 51 starts off with another Cardy cover. thumbsup2.gif

1063612-Aquaman%2351.jpg

The story so far…Aliens zap Aquaman to an unknown “City” where he meets strange inhabitants with no knowledge of any other place but their own. So far his attempts to discover where he is or how to get back to Earth are futile. He is befriended by a woman who finds him curious enough to aid him in his quest. Again I see parallels to Harlan Ellison’s Star Trek episode where Kirk is lost in time and is trying to get back to the Enterprise. He is befriended by Edith Keeler played by Joan Collins. The interlocking Deadman story entails Deadman leaving Nanda Parbat to combat evil and comes across Ocean Master making a deal with the aliens to eliminate Aquaman. While attempting to “take over” one of the aliens, they release a cat-like creature who transports Deadman to yet another world where he finds himself solid and unghost-like. He also finds the cat creature has transformed into a sexy brunette that was held captive by said aliens!

1063612-Aquaman%2351DM.jpg

Aparo again offers a strange group of panels that portray himself (Jimm) and Skeates (Steev) as elves gathering “supplies” for Giordano (Dikk).

1063612-Aquaman%2351AM.jpg

589a8c42ed6f9_1063612-Aquaman51DM.jpg.09baab12cef6d806fdf492387a2bb4ad.jpg

Issue # 52

1063621-Aquaman%2352.jpg

Our story continues with Aquaman and his companion leaving her city and coming across a primitive tribe that Aquaman was mysteriously drawn to. A fight ensues and after almost being caught by slave traders, he returns to the primitive tribe only to be mentally called back to our world by Mera who desperately missed and needed him back in Atlantis.

The slave trader’s ship looks oddly enough like a rearranged Starship Enterprise equipped with tractor beams…er, excuse me…a force field. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1063621-Aquaman%2352AM.jpg

The Deadman story ties in with the cat creature/girl agreeing to bring Boston Brand back to our dimension (where she must remain in cat form) after he saves her life. Deadman figures out how to retrieve Aquaman and encourages Mera to will Aquaman from his unknown location which we find out at last was…Mera’s ruby ring!!?!

The classic sub-microscopic world storyline!

The story concludes with Deadman foiling the alien’s plan to conquer Earth then finding out that his catlike friend really saved the day!

1063621-Aquaman%2352DM.jpg

A very fun 3 issue romp with Aquaman and Deadman by some of the industries best!

589a8c42efde4_1063621-Aquaman52DM.jpg.7b0690efdc5b773d90acd75495e9aefa.jpg

I agree Jayman, that's a great little mini-series. thumbsup2.gif It also has a loose tie-in to the original Teen Titans series #28 & 29, also written by Skeates. The same aliens are conspiring with Ocean Master in that one.

That kind of cross-title continuity was rare for DC at the time.

I agree Jayman, that's a great little mini-series. thumbsup2.gif It also has a loose tie-in to the original Teen Titans series #28 & 29, also written by Skeates. The same aliens are conspiring with Ocean Master in that one.

That kind of cross-title continuity was rare for DC at the time.

Yeah, it was a great read! I'll be on the lookout fot those Teen Titan issues as well as the Challengers of the Unknown #74 Wrightson fan pointed out!

As a side note I urge others to pull out some of your favorite issues and post up some reviews as Sterling suggested.

Let's get the Infinite Bronze Horror thread ROCKIN' in '06! thumbsup2.gif

Hi guys. I don't want to try to push any books in this thread but I thought I would give you all a heads up in case you are interested. I just listed the Don Rosa copies of Limited Collectors' Edition #23 (House Of Mystery) and #32 (Ghosts) on Ebay with Buy It Nows. I have no idea what the demand will be on these, so if anyone is interested, here ya' go.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsansc57803QQhtZ-1

Hi guys. I don't want to try to push any books in this thread but...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

....I thought I would give you all a heads up in case you are interested. I just listed the Don Rosa copies of Limited Collectors' Edition #23 (House Of Mystery) and #32 (Ghosts) on Ebay with Buy It Nows. I have no idea what the demand will be on these, so if anyone is interested, here ya' go.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsansc57803QQhtZ-1

foreheadslap.gif

Twisted Tales was mentioned here recently- please check out my recent postings in the infinite copper horror thread for a more thorough look at the series. short version: this series ruled smile.gif

Twisted Tales was mentioned here recently- please check out my recent postings in the infinite copper horror thread for a more thorough look at the series. short version: this series ruled smile.gif

Shameless Plug:

May I also mention that I did an article on the first few issues of the series in the first issue of HORROR COMICS REVIEW ? hi.gif

Shameless Plug:

May I also mention that I did an article on the first few issues of the series in the first issue of HORROR COMICS REVIEW ? hi.gif

Shameless Plug confused.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Shameless Plug:

Keith: How do I get these back issues? That is one series I could easily review to kick start the efforts.