• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

On the very first page of this thread is this question, along with a picture in a response post to whom the persons favorite host of a horror anthology is:

What was the name of the host of the Ghosts series later in the run? He wore a hat and his glasses were a touch of class.

What is the answer?

Thanks.

The Shade I actually answered this question a few pages later. This character is confused with another ghost-like character that has haunted Bat-man--which we've discussed here as well. (The Squire?)

Hey Sterling, you may be convolving a couple of different things here. I think the Ghosts-host (heh) is called "Squire Shade."

He does indeed look a lot like the "Gentleman Ghost," who was a Hawkman bad guy that did later have a couple of run-ins with the Batman.

Our old bud Shiverbones is my source. Any Bronze horror fans who haven't visited Shiver's site are missing out. gossip.gif

Is just me or has it been a long time since a good amount of nice high grade(9.2up) been seen on ebay. I'm speaking of DC Horror. Maybe I'm missing the auctions but I haven't seen any standout auctions in quite a awhile now.
sign-offtopic.gif

Is just me or has it been a long time since a good amount of nice high grade(9.2up) been seen on ebay. I'm speaking of DC Horror. Maybe I'm missing the auctions but I haven't seen any standout auctions in quite a awhile now.
sign-offtopic.gif

Hello...are you still here? makepoint.gif

The price for that HOM 193 9.8 is very aggressive but the first thing you notice is that the bidding jumps from $800 to $1450 by bidder, break out the lube. I couldnt help but think especially seeing he had 3 feedback including 1 non payment from Wyatt that the goal of this bidder was indeed hopefully to be the underbidder and make the winner, break out the lube.

sign-offtopic.gif

Hello...are you still here? makepoint.gif

confused.gif

Nice pick up on the HOM 196 while a little pricey at least you didn't get stuck with that huge bill on the 193 9.8 893applaud-thumb.gif

You also got a steal on the #233 thumbsup2.gif

Edited by Rip

Nice pick up on the HOM 196 while a little pricey at least you didn't get stuck with that huge bill on the 193 9.8 893applaud-thumb.gif

You also got a steal on the #233 thumbsup2.gif

What kills me is that I sold my 9.4 copy of HOM 193 in anticipation of getting this book. I even contacted the winner to see if we could work out an arrangement...he didn't reply. Let's just say we've both been lubed!

BTW, I won't be bidding anymore on eBay this year, I have about 5 board members I'm cooking deals with and that will keep my money depleted for most of the year.

This was an article on Horror Comics: EC Classics to today. It was published in Comic Buyers Guide issue #1612. I have thoughts on this, but I wanted to let you give me your take on it first:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Never mind about the horror comic list...it's a joke.

Yeah, that's a tad high for a book that can be found in better condition. It's like 10th in Census. This is one of the problems with created key's. Sure Bernie Wrightson's first pro work is significant but does it really make it worth a premium?

Sure Bernie Wrightson's first pro work is significant but does it really make it worth a premium?

In high grades, yes. I can't say that I agree with the price/grade. It's been up for a while so I think there's been a judgement that the price is screwy.gif

Read that when it came out. Found the " HORROR COMICS " style to be strangely familiar. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, it seems I'm a bit behind...I haven't been to the LCS in a while, and they were sold out on DOOMED. The casual mention of two DC books, with no mention of others on any level of detail, made me sad. The "Dark Age" of horror was interesting, but I don't think it was void of *any* decent content.

I feel that some of the horror nuts around here needs to build a more definitive account than what they published. It was a cliff notes version IMO.