• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,918 posts in this topic

Don't say that! Getting my 9.4 copy was hard enough! yay.gif

I can see it now---a 25% reduction of all HOS 92 issues...I may be able to get multiple copies! juggle.gif

Thus, rendering yet another book I own, utterly worthless. cloud9.gif

Thought I would share a recent DC Horror pickup. Received these 4 books from Ted on Saturday. First Up is:

House of Mystery - 189

Year - 1970

I love the blue/green in the background. It is also the 1st of 3 covers to sport the the Haunted House logo under the Bat Logo. Looking at the cover I notice that if you look up at the gate entrance you see 3 other sets of eyes. Looks like more cats looking on our victim. I have been looking for a decent copy for awhile now and this is nice enough until I find that CGC 9.2 copy. Right now there is only 1 9.2 in the census. This copy is a 9.0

Census

9.8: 0

9.6: 1

9.4: 3

9.2: 1

9.0: 1

HouseofMystery189.jpg Census

Second Up is:

House of Mystery - 192

Year - 1971

I must say that out of the early horror run this cover is one of my least favorite covers. I guess I find it too gruesome, intense or something. I don't get what is happenig either. Is the guy a being transformed into a robot? Whats with white stripes on his head? The only redeming qualities for me is the mystery kids looking on from the top of the stairs. I love the kids on all the DC horror covers. It is also the last of 3 covers to sport the the Haunted House logo under the Bat Logo. Right now there is only 1 9.2 in the census. This copy should be a 9.2/9.4 and I'll send it in with my next batch and play the cgc lotto.

Census

9.4: 2

9.2: 1

9.0: 2

HouseofMystery192.jpg

Third Up is:

House of Mystery - 205

Year - 1972

This cover just rocks. Certain covers in any run of rise from the pack and this is one of those covers. Only 4 colors make up the scene and the red velvet from the coffin draws you into the scene. You can almost feel the cold air of the swamp and the croaking of frogs. I love the moon as a backdrop. Who is under that robe? Is it man or supernatural? It just doesn't get much better than this cover.

If anyone is keeping track I did sell a copy recently but after selling it I had sellar remorse after kissing it goodbye. I went on a manhunt to buy a copy in same grade or better. Being a tough issue to find in grade(check census) I thought it was going to be a tough time. I guess I had a done someone good because I only had to look for a week and Ted bought a collection with this little nugget. For $22 bucks I was very happy. Right now there is only 2 9.0 in the census. This copy is another vf+. I just can't get to the 9.0 grade on this one. This is my 3rd vf+ copy I have had.

Census

9.6: 0

9.4: 0

9.2: 0

9.0: 2

HouseofMystery205b.jpg

Fourth Up is:

House of Secrets - 88

Year - 1970

This cover is CLASSIC GOTHIC. It has a Haunted Mansion on a cliff, full moon backdrop and long steps with a hot chick running away. I LOVE IT. One of the best covers from the House of Secrets run.

It is very hard to find a nicely centered copy. This copy is almost centered but falls slightly short. However, the centering is good enough on this issue. It grades at vf+ to vf/nm but retains lots of gloss. I like lots of gloss on my books. Makes the book feel fresh.

The census shows this issue having a lot of high grade copies compared to other issues in the earlier DC Horror run. That is good for such a cool cover. Makes it easier to get a nicer copy.

Census

9.4: 7

9.2: 3

9.0: 1

HouseofSecrets88.jpg

I was happy to have the oppotunity to purchase it. I was looking for a while for a decent copy. Did you sell becuase you had another?

The main reason why I sold it was because I didn't like the miswrap. FYI, I thought the book had a chance at being a 9.2. gossip.gif

I was happy to have the oppotunity to purchase it. I was looking for a while for a decent copy. Did you sell becuase you had another?

The main reason why I sold it was because I didn't like the miswrap. FYI, I thought the book had a chance at being a 9.2. gossip.gif

makepoint.gif