• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

Seeing how Redfishing won the 208 if anybody else went after it the price would have went through the roof like the others. I was deciding on the 186 and in the last half hour I decided that I would wait. Even the HofM 219 cgc 9.6 went for $272.

Yeah....totally nuts folks...this is coming from someone who invented nutso prices for HOM books. The books would've looked good in my collection but the money in the bank looks better. Time to sell your ba horror...flood the markets...I'll get my 9.8 for $99. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

at least 9.4 or better...so these would be upgrades. My goal is 9.4 or better, not the best damn books out there...ever. The 209 cut is much better than mine.

As expected the 209 and 210 went for super high prices.

I thought I might have a chance at $500 on the 209, but boy was I wrong.

250 dollars wrong. 893whatthe.gif

Well the 208 went for a steal.

Yeah I think I actually paid more for my 9.6...and I bought it raw with the label for when it got graded....luckily it got the same grade. I actually like that cover...love the dark shades....

I thought I might have a chance at $500 on the 209, but boy was I wrong.

250 dollars wrong. 893whatthe.gif

Well the 208 went for a steal.

I was thinking between $500 and $650 actually myself.

Ya, that was an impressive result. And I'm glad to see it, even if I no longer own any significant HOM's, HOS's.

I wouldn't of minded owning that book myself, and even at that bidding price, but other obligations restrict that.

ok outside of thread, I was a little surprised by the Hotwheels result, I was hoping to get an easy pickup there...but like me, quite a few other's use to chew gum by the truck load when they were a kid.

And nice result on HOS's 92. A good, but sensible price. None of this $4-5k business for 9.6's, double the 9.4, and you've got $3k, which is what you'd expect to pay for a 9.6 of that book.

Hello There, I have a CGC graded copy of HOM #190 (9.4, OWW, from the Don Rosa Collection) I'd like to trade for CGC top-graded copies of these titles from the early 1970s: Ghosts, Unexpected, Witching Hour or Weird War. Please contact me directly with your offers. Trade only. I am not interested in selling it. Thanks, Mark B. Ledenbach marlede@sbcglobal.net

How much trade value do you want for your comic? FYI, there is an official trading/buying/selling forum below. gossip.gif

The problem with trading is that usually one person thinks his stuff is worth top dollar, while your stuff is worth GPA from three years ago. Not saying Mark is going to do this; it's just that trade is rarely an equality event and there's lots of back and forth...usually with no agreement. Much patience and dialogue is required for such dealings...

How much trade value do you want for your comic? FYI, there is an official trading/buying/selling forum below. gossip.gif

The problem with trading is that usually one person thinks his stuff is worth top dollar, while your stuff is worth GPA from three years ago. Not saying Mark is going to do this; it's just that trade is rarely an equality event and there's lots of back and forth...usually with no agreement.

True, true. He most likely wants what he paid, which, if I recall correctly, was a king's ransom. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

True, true. He most likely wants what he paid, which, if I recall correctly, was a king's ransom. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Guilty as charged. Believe it or not....during my purchasing days I would gladly steer away from books in which peer collectors expressed interest (give and take)...it's definitely helped for everyone's bottom line (from a buying standpoint). It's all of course academic now.

Gang, What do you guys think about some of the Gold Key titles like:

• Grimm's Ghost Stories
  • Ripley's Believe it or Not True Ghost Stories
  • Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery

I just perused some of the titles---love the painted covers, hate the obvious one liners on the covers ("The storm-lashed bay is haunted by the ghosts of--TWO KILTED SCOTSMEN!" for example--kills the moment), love the fact that many of my favorite DC artists are contained within (Dominguez, Mortimer, Sparling)....but are the stories decent?

If anyone can post a good story or two from these mags....a conversation or two...

Here's a copy I got off the newstand as a kid:

1251624-bion.jpg

1251624-bion.jpg.24f35b0f646e602d4094b90123fd54d1.jpg

nice books--looks like you footed for the CGC imaging...I wonder what scanner and settings they use....pics always come out nice...I get that light problem on most of my scans...

I don't have a legal scanner so I footed the $3 for it.

Witching Hour 4 -- Top census

One of my favorite covers. Not the best wrap but its at least somewhat even.

WitchingHour2.jpg

Nice 4 thats one of my favorite also. 893applaud-thumb.gif

House of Mystery 190

Not the greatest wrap but at least its somewhat even. They went heavy on the inks and gloss on this copy.

HouseofMystery190.jpg

I guess I am one of the few guys in the world that a miswrap doesn't bother. This is a beautiful copy, and those white pages are killer. Congrats on your recent submissions as these are very nice.

Scott