• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

I have a question for the high grade slab collectors. Do you feel like it is generally getting easier to get BA horror in 9.4 and higher? Are more examples coming to market? I don't have a finger on the pulse of the high grade market, as some of you know. I DO enjoy looking at the fine examples in this thread, and it just appears to me that more high grade is now out there lately. Am I wrong? Experts, please kindly clue me in. shy.gif

I'm definitely not an expert, just speaking from personal experience. In my opinion, there have been increasing demand and as a result, dealers have noticed the trend and certified books to meet the demand. At certain points, when people are selling books, there has been more availability but it has been more or less fluctuating. Guy cashing in his chips is a good example, although many of his books never hit the market because he worked out deals with the current hg players.

In general, availability of issues has gone up...with demand more or less meeting availability. Pricing has somewhat stabilized, although the right book missing out of key players' collections can still bring higher than normal prices--especially for the nosebleed grades. In other words, it is (and always have been) an ultra niche market and sensitivity to who is in the market is key to its vitality. In fact, I don't know of anyone else who collects 9.4 or better, is a title completionist in this genre, and participates on these boards. As far as I'm concerned my collecting goals haven't been mimicked by anyone else....kinda scary and fun at the same time.

I've never been thinking that these books are "rare" even in high grade--I was just one of the few that seeked out hg books in this genre. I am still finding exceptions to this rule...and I've spoken about these books over and over again.

I've noticed the same trend in BA war....lots of people saying they are htf etc...exactly what was said in horror. After a few years and a few hg players and I guarantee we'll be saying the same there as well.

I do plan on suspending collecting for some time--when I return I may be going after certain artists, keys, or even EC/GA hg examples. I need to spice it up.

There are still some books, mostly late 70's that just have not turned up in 9.4 graded. Books like Ghosts #50, Weird war #50, HOM #262, 276 and scores of others. They must be out there, but all this pressure for years and still nothing!

I agree....and everyone of those I need. Of course, the usual suspects: 175,176,179, and 190.