• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,928 posts in this topic

Hey Sterling - Cheney's phantom is one of my fave movies of all time! I even get people who woul dhate Silent films to watch that & they are mezmerized! Great avatar!

I fully agree, the unmasking still stands up as one of the best "double" fright scenes in a movie. Another older fave of mine is Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast from 1946. Simply a classic!

1638585-bete1.jpg

Sorry to go OT...back to the books! grin.gif

1638585-bete1.jpg.d4e64ec588dc9deb2600ab8f4ccaeb96.jpg

I admire you gents will go for the higher grade stuff. Just know you have a buyer for your undercopies right here when you do!!! thumbsup2.gif I appreciate these books that have great eye appeal, and that could be in VF to VF/NM- and I'll be satisfied. I think they look great in the thicker mylars and the best part is I can read them again and again!!! headbang.gif

Kudos to you, sir! thumbsup2.gif

I think its a combo of things...

1) A large collector moving on and dropping his collection into the market.

2) The 9.2 grade was so affordable that a few collectors accepted this grade and wrote the 9.4 grade off.

3) Another high grade collector focusing to just 3 main runs and forgetting the others.

4) A few more being slabbed after people finally realizing there are buyers for this stuff.

5) Some collectors are just waiting around for the books (proven tough to find in high grade) to arrive into the market.

6) Some people are entering other once overlook genres(i.e. War and Western). You can't buy all the high grades in every genre. Unless you have very deep pockets.

Excellent breakdown, Andrew! 893applaud-thumb.gif

First time I've posted here. This just came back from CGC. Their turnaround times on moderns now are incredible!

HOM242.jpg

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Isn't that one of the books I outbid you on from Bobcat back in the day? What was the winning bid, $10 or something?

wcr01py3.jpgwcr03im0.jpg

wcr06au0.jpgwcr07qf8.jpg

actually these auctions (on clink) were kind of weird - I saw several new books listed, two of which had already sold at what I assume was the BIN price - I figured "ok, someone is snagging these books, so I better be snagging too if I want any of them.." so I quickly made offers and accepted the counter-offers. In hindsight, maybe that cost me a few unneccesary dollars.. the fierce competition ended with me. tongue.gif still, happy to get them cloud9.gif (I figured I'd go for the 9.6 too, since 9.4s seem commonplace.. warehouse find?)

Edited by gaute

First time I've posted here. This just came back from CGC. Their turnaround times on moderns now are incredible!

HOM242.jpg

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Isn't that one of the books I outbid you on from Bobcat back in the day? What was the winning bid, $10 or something?

893applaud-thumb.gif

There are still some books, mostly late 70's that just have not turned up in 9.4 graded. Books like Ghosts #50, Weird war #50, HOM #262, 276 and scores of others. They must be out there, but all this pressure for years and still nothing!

I agree....and everyone of those I need. Of course, the usual suspects: 175,176,179, and 190.

What's been HTF in Witching Hour? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wondered who snagged that in a heartbeat.

Your little song and dance about letting $25 or $50 stopping you getting a book (regarding HOM 179) sprung to my mind, so I hit the BIN. The status in the census and it being a PC copy helped settle that "Real Quick". If it was a later issue I would've picked and poked at the bid, but not these earlier issues.