• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,928 posts in this topic

I love #20...mine is a nasty 9.2 with cream pages...but I'll take it until something better comes along.

1637683-vaultofevil_20_cgc_9_2_cow_0128811021_a.jpg

That truly is in a shocking state..... I don't know how you have the audacity to show such a low level, verminous copy as that!! You should be ashamed of yourself!! foreheadslap.gifstooges.gif

I was right though.... it is a great cover, even in that tatty state of repair you can just about make out that it is that good!! thumbsup2.gif

Edited by UKavenger

Why don't you start by answering your own question? It's clear you have a perspective here.

Sure. My perspective, like I said, is that it looks to me as if there are more high grade slabs out there now. However, my high grade perspective is limited to this thread. I really wanted to know what you guys who actively collect slabs thought. BTW- great books, Sterling. thumbsup2.gif

Why don't you start by answering your own question? It's clear you have a perspective here.

Sure. My perspective, like I said, is that it looks to me as if there are more high grade slabs out there now. However, my high grade perspective is limited to this thread. I really wanted to know what you guys who actively collect slabs thought. BTW- great books, Sterling. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I think we need to see if valiantman's stats can tell us what % of growth is occuring at the BA level....I'm seing a general increase of BA books across the board. Then again no one said that BA books were scarce per se...production counts in the hundreds of thousands of books....

What is killing me is waiting years for a copy of the book...battle it out for it...only to find another copy within weeks....patience I must learn.

27_laughing.gif DAD&SON MADE A FUNNY... 27_laughing.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Oh and by the way... Ole Matt Nelson told me the toughest books to press were 100 pagers and takes him twice as long to work on. (I couldn't stand somebody having my books for 3 months - I would miss them insane.gif)

PrecodeKeith...

This is honestly the way I see it...its no different then it was in 1990. I grew up on HOM, it was my favorite comic in the world. Because of this I have collected it especially & other bronze secondarily since 1985. It was REALLY REALLY hard to find perfect copies then, and it is now. Back in 1990, you could pay Avalon comics, or Sparkle City the Nosebleed price of $10-$15 for a perfect copy when "normal VF" copies were $1-$3. Now Normal copies are $3-$50, and Perfect copies are $60-$800. With searching you can find most of them, but the price always seems "Too high" at the time. Like I said, there are still some that Like Ghosts #50 that have just never arrived in HG, these will still be $$$. I have picked up 9.0-9.2 copies of most later bronze books for $6-$15 lately & I love it. I don't care about 9.4+, I like nice looking books, so for me, it has leveled out. AS time continus the truly elusive will get more expensive & the rst will settle.

PrecodeKeith...

This is honestly the way I see it...its no different then it was in 1990. I grew up on HOM, it was my favorite comic in the world. Because of this I have collected it especially & other bronze secondarily since 1985. It was REALLY REALLY hard to find perfect copies then, and it is now. Back in 1990, you could pay Avalon comics, or Sparkle City the Nosebleed price of $10-$15 for a perfect copy when "normal VF" copies were $1-$3. Now Normal copies are $3-$50, and Perfect copies are $60-$800. With searching you can find most of them, but the price always seems "Too high" at the time. Like I said, there are still some that Like Ghosts #50 that have just never arrived in HG, these will still be $$$. I have picked up 9.0-9.2 copies of most later bronze books for $6-$15 lately & I love it. I don't care about 9.4+, I like nice looking books, so for me, it has leveled out. AS time continus the truly elusive will get more expensive & the rst will settle.

I agree...some issues have proven to be more common than others and the prices have adjusted accordingly. There's still plenty missing in action...most people are doing better by selling to me directly, because they know I will pay a little more for a privilege to get first shot at a book. Can anyone say HOM 205?

I admire you gents will go for the higher grade stuff. Just know you have a buyer for your undercopies right here when you do!!! thumbsup2.gif I appreciate these books that have great eye appeal, and that could be in VF to VF/NM- and I'll be satisfied. I think they look great in the thicker mylars and the best part is I can read them again and again!!! headbang.gif