• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,928 posts in this topic

Since only Sterling ( grin.gifsurprise!) & Shivs were really the only ones who replied, I'm going to be kind of pushy & bump (sorry, Sterling!) this particualr post, seeing as it appears to have been buried by a parade of 9.4+ books. Ironic, no? poke2.gif

I have a question for the high grade slab collectors. Do you feel like it is generally getting easier to get BA horror in 9.4 and higher? Are more examples coming to market? I don't have a finger on the pulse of the high grade market, as some of you know. I DO enjoy looking at the fine examples in this thread, and it just appears to me that more high grade is now out there lately. Am I wrong? Experts, please kindly clue me in. shy.gif

Since only Sterling ( grin.gifsurprise!) & Shivs were really the only ones who replied, I'm going to be kind of pushy & bump (sorry, Sterling!) this particualr post, seeing as it appears to have been buried by a parade of 9.4+ books. Ironic, no? poke2.gif

I have a question for the high grade slab collectors. Do you feel like it is generally getting easier to get BA horror in 9.4 and higher? Are more examples coming to market? I don't have a finger on the pulse of the high grade market, as some of you know. I DO enjoy looking at the fine examples in this thread, and it just appears to me that more high grade is now out there lately. Am I wrong? Experts, please kindly clue me in. shy.gif

Definitely more available, and much cheaper now...IMHO. The silly prices that non-key 9.4-9.6s were getting don't seem to be happening now. Of course, that was probably the impetus for the newfound availability.

I think its a combo of things...

1) A large collector moving on and dropping his collection into the market.

2) The 9.2 grade was so affordable that a few collectors accepted this grade and wrote the 9.4 grade off.

3) Another high grade collector focusing to just 3 main runs and forgetting the others.

4) A few more being slabbed after people finally realizing there are buyers for this stuff.

5) Some collectors are just waiting around for the books (proven tough to find in high grade) to arrive into the market.

6) Some people are entering other once overlook genres(i.e. War and Western). You can't buy all the high grades in every genre. Unless you have very deep pockets.

I believe the "want" has always been there. The collectibility has always been there.

Not all of the 3 core books (HOM, HOS, and WH) are easy to find in high grade. Because more people on this site have shown a common interest... the readership has come way up.

Some people have shifted from Horror Genre to War Genre. We are looking (the Horror Genre) all the time for Pedigrees (they don't show up too often) and high grades. But the shifts from one collectable genre to another... people are selling.

That's why books are showing up. And people are seeing that we will pay good money for a high grade.

We are also looking for great deals as well. And who wouldn't.

I think someone is picking on Sterling because he is the "top dog" for the Horror Genre Set. When you're on top of the mountain... someone is always going to jealous or trying to knock them off.

I've dealt with him on several occasions/transactions and he is a "class act".

Also Greggy is another for the 100 Pager Genre (In which I'm also related). They both take alot of flak but they are good "blokes" in my opinion.

I don't have to defend them because they can defend themselves... but instead of them "harping" on you... they help alot on this forum board.

So instead of starting something... try listening (as I tell my people at work)...

Hell... You Might Even Learn Something You Never Even Knew...

Which will help you in the long run.

My 2 sense... gents. thumbsup2.gif

Oh and I wasn't picking on anyone... it was just a sign-rantpost.gif.

So no one get offended by my comments.

It was just an opinion. grin.gif

I'll post some Unexpecteds I just received. Sorry about the scans (My HP6210 doesn't work well on Graded Books)

Unexpected #158

Unexpected158.jpg

Miswrap problem but still sharp.

Unexpected #160

Unexpected160.jpg

Perfect... don't know why it's not a 9.6 (I'm still happy with it.)

Unexpected #162

Unexpected162.jpg

Upgrade from a 9.2 (the 9.2 is for sale if someone wants it - for $70.00 and $6.00 shipping grin.gif)

Edited by grider67

Maybe I should post my unslabbed Unexpecteds, I have put some up earlier from camera, but I now have a scanner again. I have almost an unbroken run from 105 to 170 (After just getting 170 from Flaming Telegraph's Mildenhall collection).

I am missing 106, 107, 109 - 111, 160, 162 & 169, so if anyone has high grades of these and they want to sell let me know!! thumbsup2.gif

The ones I do have are nearly all high grade with the odd exception.

Same goes for Witching Hour, but I have a few more gaps there: 1, 4-8, 10, 20, 24, 30, 36, 42 & 43 are missing out of 1 to 50.

I will try and post some at the weekend.

Thanks..... you tease!! makepoint.gif

I missed out on the 3 we were talking about tonight, I didn't realise they were so difficult to get. I managed to get my missing 14, 18, 19 & 20 but was too tight with my bids on the other 3, wish I had gone a couple dollars more now!!

That is a nice cover hail.gif

Have you got a slabbed #20..... that's a great cover too!