• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess which DC hero is getting a movie next?

79 posts in this topic

Still waiting for a Jimmy Olsen movie.
I'm waiting for the Jimmy O vs. Lois Lane extravaganza :banana:

Not the Flash? :roflmao:

WTF are the suits thinking? Let's take a C grade character like Hawkman and give him a movie before a B grade character like the Flash. doh!

when GL bombs, this will all be moot

I can't wait for that movie to be a failure.

+1. It's all hype.

WTF are the suits thinking? Let's take a C grade character like Hawkman and give him a movie before a B grade character like the Flash. doh!

Agreed. Hawkman had zero wow appeal. Could you dream up a more lame

power?

Don't think of the comics, think of the eye appeal and ability to empathize with the superhero by the audience....., I think Hawkman is a natural choice. I"m excited to learn this :thumbsup:

^^

Also, I suspect this is a "push" by DC's man-about-Hollywood Geoff Johns, who not only untied the convoluted continuity for Hawkman in the comics (in JSA then the first 20-something issues of the rebooted series), but also did the same in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon show. Johns' angle plays heavily on the star-crossed reincarnated-lovers theme... so you've got the date-movie hook on top of whatever fanboy appeal may be there. 2c

power?

Don't think of the comics, think of the eye appeal and ability to empathize with the superhero by the audience....., I think Hawkman is a natural choice. I"m excited to learn this :thumbsup:

^^

Also, I suspect this is a "push" by DC's man-about-Hollywood Geoff Johns, who not only untied the convoluted continuity for Hawkman in the comics (in JSA then the first 20-something issues of the rebooted series), but also did the same in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon show. Johns' angle plays heavily on the star-crossed reincarnated-lovers theme... so you've got the date-movie hook on top of whatever fanboy appeal may be there. 2c

Great points.Johns is really in control now over there. I expect Hawkman and the Flash movies to be based on his stuff then the silver age stuff.Kinda how the next Spider-man movie will focus more on Bendis version more than the Lee and Ditko version.

Why not a Shazam! movie to draw in the younger folks? Hawkman seems an odd choice.

+1

I wouldn't mind seeing a Captain Marvel movie.

This would be awesome.

The newer footage is hyping me up.

I don't think it will bomb. Way back when everyone was hacking on the first trailer a boardie that is tied to the industry said the test screenings were showing very well........... :wishluck:

power?

^^

Great points.Johns is really in control now over there. I expect Hawkman and the Flash movies to be based on his stuff then the silver age stuff.Kinda how the next Spider-man movie will focus more on Bendis version more than the Lee and Ditko version.

Oh God.

Is there one of those little smiley characters that vomit?

Was he the guy that wrote that Gwen and Norman having kids story arc? If yes, then I really hope he gets to do the Spidey movie since that was the first interesting Spidey arc since the 80s.

The newer footage is hyping me up.

I don't think it will bomb. Way back when everyone was hacking on the first trailer a boardie that is tied to the industry said the test screenings were showing very well........... :wishluck:

I have to believe that underwhelming fans initially seems to be a smart marketing ploy as many movies are initially met with derision and then perform well in the theatres.

Thor is a perfect example, most people were disappointed with the teaser trailer and then the majority enjoyed the movie.

Why not a Shazam! movie to draw in the younger folks? Hawkman seems an odd choice.

+1

I wouldn't mind seeing a Captain Marvel movie.

It could definitely do well. It would be great to see it set in WWII era. He has a spectacular storyline that is easy to explain so you don't have to spend a huge chunk of the movie on an origin story.

Several years back, Spielberg was supposedly strongly considering a Blackhawk movie. I would love to see something like that brought to fruition, but making these movies work well is more about the execution than the characters. With the right -script and the right team, Red Tornado or Night Nurse could become good movies. Ironically, many of the best comic movies have been on very lightly read comic books.

power?

Captain America's - albeit the costume has a lot to do with it as well.

I'm excited about Hawkman, but I still want to see the Flash!

:juggle: