• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess which DC hero is getting a movie next?

79 posts in this topic

Well, that's just.......very.... zzz

Down with Captain America!

:tonofbricks:

Stan Lee should have gone with more Millie and Hedy books instead of resurrecting the star spangled dweeb. Or given Loki, Hawkeye or the Scarlet Witch their own titles.

:devil:

when GL bombs, this will all be moot

I can't wait for that movie to be a failure.

Hopefully you'll end up wrong. I will remind you too.

:/

I hope I am wrong since I love me some GL. But every trailer I see I just keep thinking "Oh God, why."

Oh heck, let's start now - you're wrong lol

I hope I am wrong since I love me some GL. But every trailer I see I just keep thinking "Oh God, why."

Unfortunately, we don't have the connections or money to produce these movies ourselves, so we have to accept that others are in control, but I prefer that over not having ever tried. I mean really.

Why not a Shazam! movie to draw in the younger folks? Hawkman seems an odd choice.

Shazam would make a great movie if they did it in a serious tone instead of campy....

Shazam would be a great movie concept, but I would also love to see someone make a movie of Plastic Man.

And he was a more than decent character in six issues of Brave & the Bold, four issues of Mystery in Space, 27 issues of his own comic and seven issues shared with the Atom. And that's not even counting his Bronze Age appearances and later titles.

AHawkman.gif

And let's not forget Hawkwoman::

AHawkwoman.jpg

:makepoint:

Hawkman and hawkgirl have one of the best romantic and tragic stories. I think this movie could have insane potential. Stop thinking Murphy Anderson covers, and consider the Geoff Johns run and you could have a seriously great movie.

Unfortunately, we don't have the connections or money to produce these movies ourselves, so we have to accept that others are in control, but I prefer that over not having ever tried. I mean really.

I never really subscribed to the whole "well, they tried!" notion. A bad movie is just a bad movie, regardless of how much I like a character.

Take for example, the live action Sailor Moon show. Sure, I might love Sailor Moon than I do many living people I know, but you know what? That show was terrible. I mean really. Should not have been made.

Why not a Shazam! movie to draw in the younger folks? Hawkman seems an odd choice.

Shazam would make a great movie if they did it in a serious tone instead of campy....

Shazam would be a great movie concept, but I would also love to see someone make a movie of Plastic Man.

I think Shazam would have to be developed as a kid's film. I just don't think Billy Batson is going to be appealing to an adult audience, but a kid that turns into a superhero could make for a really fun movie for kids.

I think DC could pull off movies about Wonder Woman, Flash, Captain Marvel, Sandman, Preacher, and Hellblazer.

I don't think Hawkman is going to translate well to the big screen. Then again, I said the same thing about Thor.

I think they're missing the boat on their strong properties. Especially the Vertigo stuff.

I think Shazam would have to be developed as a kid's film. I just don't think Billy Batson is going to be appealing to an adult audience, but a kid that turns into a superhero could make for a really fun movie for kids.

Peter Parker seems to do OK with appeal. A bit of creative license with his character and I think it could still be played with intensity.

Peter Parker seems to do OK with appeal. A bit of creative license with his character and I think it could still be played with intensity.

Peter Parker is a high school student. Billy Batson is a little kid. I think it's really different.

Peter Parker is a high school student. Billy Batson is a little kid. I think it's really different.

You and I clearly have a different definition of "little kid." I always thought of him as a tough young kid. He is a works selling newspapers and on radio. His age was about 12 years old. Make him 15 or 16 at a time when kids in that age range were lying their way into the Army, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

You and I clearly have a different definition of "little kid." I always thought of him as a tough young kid. He is a works selling newspapers and on radio. His age was about 12 years old. Make him 15 or 16 at a time when kids in that age range were lying their way into the Army, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Well, sure, you can make him the same age as Peter Parker and perhaps appeal to the same audience(if you can get past the costume issues). I was commenting on Billy as he is in the comics.

And he was a more than decent character in six issues of Brave & the Bold, four issues of Mystery in Space, 27 issues of his own comic and seven issues shared with the Atom. And that's not even counting his Bronze Age appearances and later titles.

:makepoint:

The Hawkworld mini series by Tim Truman is one of the best superhero storylines made.

Hawkman and hawkgirl have one of the best romantic and tragic stories. I think this movie could have insane potential. Stop thinking Murphy Anderson covers, and consider the Geoff Johns run and you could have a seriously great movie.

Did they release that in TPB? I never read it and I am interested.