• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess which DC hero is getting a movie next?

79 posts in this topic

I don't think Hawkman is intrinsically any more ridiculous than other superheroes. I mean, they're all pretty silly. A decent writer, concentrating on the best parts of a character, can always create a good story that translates well to film.

Whether DC has the stomach to allow that to happen is another question all together.

I also think Ambush Bug would be a cool movie, being able to pop in and out of the other DC properties, and being aware that he's in a film and all that. It could be done well, just like the comics are sometimes done well.

Kirby's New Gods as a movie. :cloud9:
Thor pretty much proved it could be done..., :banana:

If they are going with Hawkman then why not say..."Blue Devil"???
With a guest appearance by Brother Power...., :think:

That would be cool but it looks as though someone beat us to it!

In one issue of the crossover miniseries Legends, a marquee in the background reads "Brother Power the Geek: The Movie". (Wikipedia)

um... er... 'Mazing Man: The Motion Picture!!

The day after watching Thor I thought to myself, Hawkman could work.

0101.png

GA Hawkman has death, resurrection, romance, 70 years of super-villains to pick from.

0201.png

And he was a more than decent character in six issues of Brave & the Bold, four issues of Mystery in Space, 27 issues of his own comic and seven issues shared with the Atom. And that's not even counting his Bronze Age appearances and later titles.

:makepoint:

The Hawkworld mini series by Tim Truman is one of the best superhero storylines made.

i just shelled out $5 on your say so :sumo:

And he was a more than decent character in six issues of Brave & the Bold, four issues of Mystery in Space, 27 issues of his own comic and seven issues shared with the Atom. And that's not even counting his Bronze Age appearances and later titles.

The Hawkworld mini series by Tim Truman is one of the best superhero storylines made.

i just shelled out $5 on your say so :sumo:

Sucker! :roflmao:

i just shelled out $5 on your say so :

sumo:

actually I'm serious but ok. I'm sure you'll enjoy it paperheart.

i just shelled out $5 on your say so :

sumo:

actually I'm serious but ok. I'm sure you'll enjoy it paperheart.

Actually, I'm serious too. :lol: