• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPOOOOON!!!!

67 posts in this topic

No that went fine. I actually forgot about that sale. No details given as it has been resolved. Just when people start wondering why less people sell on here they will understand to a point. I have talked to larger sellers and they are not selling on here for the same headaches.

I hear you. I stopped selling large quantities of books on here a year or two back. Now I just avoid buying anything for resale that isn't in high grade, slab everything and sell it all through CLink. A lot less hassle and I make more money. I used to offer the slabs here first, but I always get a disproportionate amount of tire-kicking vs actual sales.

I just found a rather large, super high grade early silver age DC and Marvel collection that I have started to slab and I am debating whether or not it is worth it to post the books on here before letting them rip at auction. Currently leaning towards "no". :(

No that went fine. I actually forgot about that sale. No details given as it has been resolved. Just when people start wondering why less people sell on here they will understand to a point. I have talked to larger sellers and they are not selling on here for the same headaches.

I hear you. I stopped selling large quantities of books on here a year or two back. Now I just avoid buying anything for resale that isn't in high grade, slab everything and sell it all through CLink. A lot less hassle and I make more money. I used to offer the slabs here first, but I always get a disproportionate amount of tire-kicking vs actual sales.

I just found a rather large, super high grade early silver age DC and Marvel collection that I have started to slab and I am debating whether or not it is worth it to post the books on here before letting them rip at auction. Currently leaning towards "no". :(

I second the leaning towards no option as well. I used to get excited about doing a sales thread here, but after the last 2-3 , even discounting up to 50% off, it just wasn't worth the time. Granted, my piddly offerings are nothing compared to what Brian puts up and not even CLOSE to what Andy just came into, as I try to save my better material for shows, but the buying audience is just not here like it was 2-3 years ago (shrug) .

PM sent

It's a shame you feel that way. I continue to give first crack to Board members when selling slabbed Marvel runs. Headaches have been few, particularly for sales with firm, non-negotiable pricing. I also continue to check out sellers threads at least a couple of times a week in search of nice material at a reasonable price.

I'm sure early SA Marvels and DCs would do very well here, and by splitting the saving on the consignment vig with the buyer, both you and the buyer would get better deals.

This place is full of dealers looking for a free ride.

I'm not sure what you mean (shrug)

My guess is, that this is alleybat aka Harold. I would ignore him.

My guess is, that this is alleybat aka Harold. I would ignore him.
This isn't his only shill account either.

want something for nothing, When are you people going to wake up and see dealers for who they are, self righteous bricks. A comparison would be a stock broker. They want to call the shots and steal your money at the same time too.

want something for nothing, When are you people going to wake up and see dealers for who they are, self righteous bricks. A comparison would be a stock broker. They want to call the shots and steal your money at the same time too.

Just another forum troll to be ignored.

No that went fine. I actually forgot about that sale.

Well heck, at least make a thread documenting your find. Those are always fun to see. If nothing else it's free advertising!

I've never ripped anyone off ... here.

:whee:

I didn't get ripped off. Just wasted time and money when I could've left up on ebay. Where I advertised it as no returns on cgc books.

I've never ripped anyone off ... here.

:whee:

I didn't get ripped off. Just wasted time and money when I could've left up on ebay. Where I advertised it as no returns on cgc books.

you can state that hear too, but sorry to hear about headaches.

2d2al8l.jpg

firm, non-negotiable pricing

hm

This might be worth a try.

Ok. Thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it ;)