• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Relaunch List

123 posts in this topic

I've done some poking around and here's what I've got as far as the new DC 52:

1. Superman

2. Action

3. Batman

4. Detective

5. Batgirl

6. Batwoman

7. Vigilante

8. Animal Man

9. Green Lantern

10. Green Lantern Corp.

11. Red Lanterns

12. Wonder Woman

13. Teen Titans

14. Superboy

15. Nightwing

16. Justice League

17. Fury of Firestorm

18. Aquaman

19. Flash

20. Hawkman

21. Catwoman

22. Birds of Prey

23. Green Arrow

24. Justice League International

25. Mr. Terrific

26. Green Lantern: New Guardians

27. Batman & Robin

28. Batman: The Dark Knight

29. Captain Atom

30. Batwing

31. DC Universe Presents

I don't know what 32 to 52 are, but I assume we'll see Legion of Superheroes, Swamp Thing, and Doom Patrol. I imagine we'll get Supergirl and Zatanna. I'm not certain what DC is going to do with Jonah Hex. Hopefully not put him in a cape to team up with Superman. Hopefully, they'll either leave his title as-is or merely slap a Vertigo label on it and continue the numbering. Ditto for John Constantine. It looks like he's going to be in the DCU. Let's hope they don't screw him up. And wouldn't it be great to see either Sgt. Rock return (updated in Iraq or Afghanistan?) or an anthology war book such as GI Combat or Our Army at War?

Just for Boozad, because he demanded it, there's going to be a new Batman, Inc. starting in 2012. There's also a Jason Todd series - Red Hood and the Outlaws - but I'm not certain if it's part of the 52 or a later addition.

As for me, I'll continue with the Batbooks (sans Nightwing) and Green Lantern. I think I'll skip Batwing. It looks like a good time to drop Birds of Prey. Except for Black Canary, no other characters interest me. I'm happy to see Catwoman return. I'll try Wonder Woman because I like Azzarello and Chiang. I'll try Hawkman also. I enjoyed much of the last series.

When I first heard Vigilante by Darwyn Cooke, I thought about how cool it was that Mr. Cooke was doing a western hero. Then I realized it could be the 1980s second-rate Punisher and the world grew a bit dimmer. Let's hope for the western Vigilante. I bet Darwyn draws a great saloon girl.

So far, I'll add to my pull list: Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, Batwoman, Batman & Robin, Batman: The Dark Knight, Wonder Woman.

Thinking of adding: Justice League, Flash, Hawkman, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Animal Man, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Aquaman, Justice League International...

Too many!!!

BTW, if the Darwyn Cooke in Vigilante is confirmed, I'll need to add it too!

BTW, if the Darwyn Cooke in Vigilante is confirmed, I'll need to add it too!

From Bleeding Cool:

VIGILANTE-570x865.jpg

Vigilante is definitely on my pull list now. It looks like it's modern day or Mad Men era. I'd love to see the latter. He portrays the late 1950s/early 1960s really well.

Based on my own personal feelings, DC might be onto something here, I find myself wanting to give books I would normally care less about a try, just to see what it has in store. If some of these re-do's are as good as the Batwoman makeover, I'd hate to miss out on them.

What will make this launch a success: how long they keep on these stellar creative teams. If they can keep 'em up, then it'll be a success. If in six months half the list is filled with B-list creators, then watch out.

I'm in for Batman and Detective Comics just because I'm always in for those two.

I'm interested in Azz on Wonder Woman.

And I've got a soft spot for Catwoman.

Then there's Batwoman and Batgirl, and I suddenly realize that there are too many Bat books already, and that's probably only half of 'em.

I've also got my eyes on Vigilante, simply because of Cooke.

I've done some poking around and here's what I've got as far as the new DC 52:

1. Superman

2. Action

3. Batman

4. Detective

5. Batgirl

6. Batwoman

7. Vigilante

8. Animal Man

9. Green Lantern

10. Green Lantern Corp.

11. Red Lanterns

12. Wonder Woman

13. Teen Titans

14. Superboy

15. Nightwing

16. Justice League

17. Fury of Firestorm

18. Aquaman

19. Flash

20. Hawkman

21. Catwoman

22. Birds of Prey

23. Green Arrow

24. Justice League International

25. Mr. Terrific

26. Green Lantern: New Guardians

27. Batman & Robin

28. Batman: The Dark Knight

29. Captain Atom

30. Batwing

31. DC Universe Presents

I don't know what 32 to 52 are, but I assume we'll see Legion of Superheroes, Swamp Thing, and Doom Patrol. I imagine we'll get Supergirl and Zatanna. I'm not certain what DC is going to do with Jonah Hex. Hopefully not put him in a cape to team up with Superman. Hopefully, they'll either leave his title as-is or merely slap a Vertigo label on it and continue the numbering. Ditto for John Constantine. It looks like he's going to be in the DCU. Let's hope they don't screw him up. And wouldn't it be great to see either Sgt. Rock return (updated in Iraq or Afghanistan?) or an anthology war book such as GI Combat or Our Army at War?

Just for Boozad, because he demanded it, there's going to be a new Batman, Inc. starting in 2012. There's also a Jason Todd series - Red Hood and the Outlaws - but I'm not certain if it's part of the 52 or a later addition.

As for me, I'll continue with the Batbooks (sans Nightwing) and Green Lantern. I think I'll skip Batwing. It looks like a good time to drop Birds of Prey. Except for Black Canary, no other characters interest me. I'm happy to see Catwoman return. I'll try Wonder Woman because I like Azzarello and Chiang. I'll try Hawkman also. I enjoyed much of the last series.

When I first heard Vigilante by Darwyn Cooke, I thought about how cool it was that Mr. Cooke was doing a western hero. Then I realized it could be the 1980s second-rate Punisher and the world grew a bit dimmer. Let's hope for the western Vigilante. I bet Darwyn draws a great saloon girl.

there is a Swamp Thing #1

Justice league international is certainly getting my attention, that was an awesome title back in the day. Funny, funny book.

Did you read Justice League Generation Lost? It leads right into the new JLI.

Justice league international is certainly getting my attention, that was an awesome title back in the day. Funny, funny book.

No I didn't actually, I had no idea the two were related. Thanks for the heads up though.

No I didn't actually, I had no idea the two were related. Thanks for the heads up though.

(thumbs u

Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern: New Guardians

a good $90 out of my wallet or so :censored: oh well at least most of it goes to cgc & bum

Just for Boozad, because he demanded it, there's going to be a new Batman, Inc. starting in 2012.

I can't believe they're going to go through with that, I thought this move was to tidy all of the crappola up. I just lost at least 75% of my excitement for this relaunch.

And they're doing a Dark Knight #1? That is bloody ludicrous, as in order the books will go #1, #2, #1. Clever huh? And if the book isn't being done by Finch I certainly won't be buying it.