• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Relaunch List

123 posts in this topic

Birds of Prey will be on my pull list, however that doesn't change anything from my previous DC pull list. It was the only book left...

I will have a look at Catwoman as I always loved the character. I must admit that after Jim Balent left the book I lost the love and I never liked the Catwoman from the 2002 run.

I'll also check where Starfire will pop up. Another favorite character of mine. But there seem to be no real love for her in the DC books so I stopped looking for her too.

So for now 1 book for sure and 2 (characters) I'll look into.

Just for Boozad, because he demanded it, there's going to be a new Batman, Inc. starting in 2012.

I can't believe they're going to go through with that, I thought this move was to tidy all of the crappola up. I just lost at least 75% of my excitement for this relaunch.

And they're doing a Dark Knight #1? That is bloody ludicrous, as in order the books will go #1, #2, #1. Clever huh? And if the book isn't being done by Finch I certainly won't be buying it.

I actually find all this ridiculous, I have stayed away from comics for around 4 months and I come back to all this :/

So what's happening with Secret Six? Is that staying???

What the hell is "batwing"?

And I don't understand rebooting B&R and Dark Knight when the numbers are so low anyway....

Some make sense and I do like the look of it, others make no sense whatsoever.

So what's happening with Secret Six? Is that staying???

What the hell is "batwing"?

And I don't understand rebooting B&R and Dark Knight when the numbers are so low anyway....

Some make sense and I do like the look of it, others make no sense whatsoever.

Batwing is the black Batman character.....and no that isn't a joke.

1. JLA#1 by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee

2. Action Comics #1 by Grant Morrison and Rags Morales

3. Superman #1 by George Pérez

4. Superboy #1 by Scott Lobdell and…

5. Batman #1 by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.

6. Detective Comics #1 by Tony Daniel

7. Batgirl #1 by Gail Simone, Ardian Syaf and Vicente Cifuentes.

8. Batwoman #1 by J.H. Williams III, Haden Blackman and Amy Reeder

9. Catwoman #1 by Judd Winick and Guillem March

10. Red Hood And The Outlaws #1 by Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rocafort

11. Batwing #1 by Judd Winick and Ben Oliver

12. Nightwing #1 by Kyle Higgins and Eddy Barrows

13. Batman And Robin #1 by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason

14. Adventure Comics DC Universe Presents #1 by Paul Jenkins and Bernard Chang

15. Green Lantern #1 by Geoff Johns, Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy.

16. Green Lantern Corps #1 by Peter J. Tomasi, Fernando Pasarin and Scott Hanna

17. Green Lanterns: New Guardians #1 by Tony Bedard, Tyler Kirkham and Batt.

18. Red Lanterns #1 by Peter Milligan, Ed Benes and Rob Hunter.

19. Animal Man #1 by Jeff Lemire and…

20. Swamp Thing #1

21. Legion Lost #1 by … and Chris Batista?

22. Birds Of Prey #1 by Duane Swierczynski and Jesus Saiz

23. Teen Titans #1 by Fabian Nicieza Scott Lobdell, Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund

24. Savage Hawkman #1 by James Robinson Tony Daniel and Philip Tan

25. My Greatest Adventure #1 by Kevin Macguire and Aaron Lopresti (possibly for October)

26. Supergirl #1 by Brian Wood

27. Wonder Woman #1 by Brian Azzarello #1 and Cliff Chiang

28. Fury Of Firestorm #1 by Brian Clevinger Gail Simone, Ethan Van Sciver and Yildiray Cinar.

29. Aquaman #1 by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis

30. Mr Terrific #1 by Eric Wallace and Roger Robinson

31. Flash #1 by Brian Buccellato and Francis Manapul

32. Green Arrow #1 by JT Krul and Dan Jurgens

33. Justice League International #1 by Dan Jurgens and Aaron Lopresti

34. Captain Atom #1 by JT Krul and Freddie Williams II

35. Grifter #1

36. Unnamed Legion book by … and Chris Batista?

37. OMAC #1 by Dan DiDio and Keith Giffen

38. Batman: The Dark Knight #1 by David Finch

39. Vigilante #1 by Darwyn Cooke?

40. Justice Society of America #1

lol Batwing, my first thought would have been Man-Bat.

What does that make Vigilante, volume 6 ???

Any new Captain Marvel/Shazam? If there's a number 1 of that I might jump on it.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32607

DC Comics confirmed this afternoon that the digital versions of its DC Universe titles will be priced at $2.99, the same as its print editions, for the first four weeks of release before dropping to $1.99. Oversized issues will start at $3.99 and drop to $2.99.

The publisher also announced at The Source that "Justice League" #1, which kicks off a sweeping line-wide reboot on Aug. 31, will be offered as a $4.99 poly-bagged combo pack that includes a physical copy and an individual code for digital download. The oversized issue may also be purchased separately, at a retail price of $3.99 for either the print or the digital version.

"As we continue to expand our readership and make our titles more accessible to readers everywhere, we’re excited to provide our comic shop retail partners and their consumers with multiple formats of 'Justice League' in one convenient place," said John Rood, DC Entertainment's executive vice president-sales, marketing and business development.

"Justice League" #1, by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee, is the first in a wave of 52 new No. 1 issues designed to introduce "a more modern, diverse DC Universe." Many of the publisher's decades-old superheroes will be updated with new origins and costumes, while others will undergo minor changes.

Earlier today DC revealed more of the 52 new series including "Wonder Woman" by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang, "The Flash" by Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato, "The Fury of the Firestorm" by Ethan Van Sciver, Gail Simone and Yildiray Cinar, and the previously announced "Aquaman" by Johns and Ivan Reis.

UPDATED: In addition to the post on DC's The Source blog, Bob Wayne, SVP of Sales for DC Entertainment sent a letter to retailers clarifying some of DC's positions on the relaunch and announcing new initiatives for retailers.

Among the notable announcements are:

Wayne reiterated DC's relaunch initiative is not a "reboot," and promised more details next week in advance of Previews solicitations.

Five titles per month will receive variants including a 1:25 variant for "Justice League" #1 and a weekly targeted variant for "Flash" #1.

Other titles will receive deeper discounting to entice higher orders and ensure availability for consumers.

Perhaps the biggest news is that all 52 titles will be 100% returnable offered at least through November-shipping titles.

We have provided the entire letter from Wayne with additional details below:

To our comics retail partners,

With The New DCU – the September launch of our 52 #1s – we have created an event that we believe will generate unprecedented buzz, and, more importantly, unprecedented sales results for you. This is a shock to the system, no question, but we have the quality stories and the unrivaled sales/marketing support and the increased public attention to help you best absorb that shock and profit from it.

As a follow-up to my first letter, we wanted to provide some immediate specifics on September:

CONTENT

We know that you want more details on the creative teams and their title-by-title assignments for the launch. . (And by the way, let me just reiterate this point: this is the launch of the New DCU. It is not a “reboot.” I think you will soon discover why that is.) We will send you an e-mail with more creative details next week, as a teaser in advance of the solicitation copy for Previews going live on the 13th. Once solicit copy is released, we will be sending you a short introductory video, starring our creators and our content. We will also be taking this act on the road, for a series of retailer meetings in markets including New York, Dallas/Fort Worth, Baltimore, Chicago, and Los Angeles, during the days leading up to the release of the physical Previews catalog. Stay tuned for more details, and send us a note to make sure you’re on the invite list.

DIGITAL

To clarify from my last note, we will be at “price-parity” for same-day digital. No DC digital comic will be cheaper than its physical counterpart at launch. Same-day (a.k.a. “Day/ Date”) parity pricing is for the first four weeks of release; thereafter, the digital titles will follow our standard pricing, with $2.99 comics dropping in price to $1.99, $3.99 comics dropping in price to $2.99, and so forth. Keep in mind that our goal with our 52 new #1s will be to ensure that the physical comic book is more compelling than ever!

Additionally, we will be offering you an additional special “combo pack” for Justice League. This is a Diamond-exclusive $4.99 physical polybagged JUSTICE LEAGUE comic which will contain a redemption code for a digital copy on the inside cover. So consumers will have three main ways to read Justice League beginning August 31st – $3.99 physical, the $4.99 combo pack, and $3.99 digital. As mentioned above, after four weeks the digital-only price drops to $2.99, per our standard price for oversized digital titles.

INCENTIVES

For optimal sales impact, each of our 52 titles will have one of three distinct incentives:

a) Variants

For variants, we chose our core iconic titles, the ones that you tell us your consumers want most. And of course, we sought out those titles with the most compelling visuals. At a minimum, this variant plan will be offered for September, October, and November. We will be offering variants on five different titles, with at least one each week.

· 1:25 variant

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 - 8/31 in-store. This cover will have a 1:25 ordering incentive.

· Weekly targeted variant

FLASH #1 - 9/28 in-store. Retailers may order at FOC up to as many copies of the FLASH #1 variant as were ordered at FOC of their lowest-ordered DCU title for the 9/28 in-store week. (This is an example; each week will feature a title with a variant following this incentive pattern.)

b) Deep Discounting

For deeper discounts, we chose to spotlight potential break-out titles which can help you focus your staff and your customers. Books that have a compelling creator, an obvious jumping-on point for your readers, etc. We will be offering an additional 15% discount on six different titles for orders placed by FOC, effectively giving you a 50% to 72% discount spread, instead of our normal 35% to 57% spread. At a minimum, this deep discounting will be offered for September, October, and November. The lead title is WONDER WOMAN with five others that will be announced next week.

c) Returnability

We are backing up our commitment to you and this launch, by putting our copies where are mouths are. We will be offering 100% Returnability on all of the remaining 41 titles. Returnability across the rest of the 52 allows the breadth of these titles to get their fair chance with your consumers. This comes with a qualifier – your total post-FOC September orders in dollars for DC periodicals must be 125% or more of your May post-FOC orders for DC periodicals.

As with prior returnable programs, qualifying retailers will be required to return stripped covers from the returnable issues along with an affidavit of destruction to Diamond Comic Distributors at a date to be named later. Retailers will then be issued credit for each copy, minus 10% of the cover price. At a minimum, this returnability program will be offered for September, October, and November.

Call or e-mail me or my team with any questions.

Thank you for your enthusiasm, your patience, and your partnership. Come make history with us!

Bob Wayne

DC COMICS

1. JLA#1 by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee (thumbs u

2. Action Comics #1 by Grant Morrison and Rags Morales (thumbs u

3. Superman #1 by George Pérez (thumbs u

4. Superboy #1 by Scott Lobdell and… :sorry:

5. Batman #1 by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo. (thumbs u

6. Detective Comics #1 by Tony Daniel (shrug)

7. Batgirl #1 by Gail Simone, Ardian Syaf and Vicente Cifuentes. (thumbs u (thumbs u

8. Batwoman #1 by J.H. Williams III, Haden Blackman and Amy Reeder (thumbs u

9. Catwoman #1 by Judd Winick and Guillem March (thumbs u

10. Red Hood And The Outlaws #1 by Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rocafort

11. Batwing #1 by Judd Winick and Ben Oliver :boo:

12. Nightwing #1 by Kyle Higgins and Eddy Barrows :boo:

13. Batman And Robin #1 by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason (thumbs u

14. Adventure Comics DC Universe Presents #1 by Paul Jenkins and Bernard Chang (thumbs u

15. Green Lantern #1 by Geoff Johns, Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy. (thumbs u

16. Green Lantern Corps #1 by Peter J. Tomasi, Fernando Pasarin and Scott Hanna (thumbs u

17. Green Lanterns: New Guardians #1 by Tony Bedard, Tyler Kirkham and Batt. (thumbs u

18. Red Lanterns #1 by Peter Milligan, Ed Benes and Rob Hunter. (thumbs u

19. Animal Man #1 by Jeff Lemire and… (thumbs u

20. Swamp Thing #1 by Scott Snyder and... (thumbs u

21. Legion Lost #1 by … and Chris Batista? :sorry:

22. Birds Of Prey #1 by Duane Swierczynski and Jesus Saiz

23. Teen Titans #1 by Fabian Nicieza Scott Lobdell, Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund

24. Savage Hawkman #1 by James Robinson Tony Daniel and Philip Tan

25. My Greatest Adventure #1 by Kevin Maguire and Aaron Lopresti (possibly for October) (thumbs u

26. Supergirl #1 by Brian Wood (thumbs u

27. Wonder Woman #1 by Brian Azzarello #1 and Cliff Chiang (thumbs u

28. Fury Of Firestorm #1 by Brian Clevinger Gail Simone, Ethan Van Sciver and Yildiray Cinar. (thumbs u

29. Aquaman #1 by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis (shrug)

30. Mr Terrific #1 by Eric Wallace and Roger Robinson :sorry:

31. Flash #1 by Brian Buccellato and Francis Manapul (thumbs u

32. Green Arrow #1 by JT Krul and Dan Jurgens (thumbs u

33. Justice League International #1 by Dan Jurgens and Aaron Lopresti

34. Captain Atom #1 by JT Krul and Freddie Williams II (shrug)

35. Grifter #1 (shrug)

36. Unnamed Legion book by … and Chris Batista? :sorry:

37. OMAC #1 by Dan DiDio and Keith Giffen (shrug)

38. Batman: The Dark Knight #1 by David Finch (thumbs u

39. Vigilante #1 by Darwyn Cooke? (thumbs u (thumbs u

40. Justice Society of America #1 (shrug)

Just for Boozad, because he demanded it, there's going to be a new Batman, Inc. starting in 2012.

I can't believe they're going to go through with that, I thought this move was to tidy all of the crappola up. I just lost at least 75% of my excitement for this relaunch.

And they're doing a Dark Knight #1? That is bloody ludicrous, as in order the books will go #1, #2, #1. Clever huh? And if the book isn't being done by Finch I certainly won't be buying it.

Get into Golden Age. Then the #1, #2, #1 thing becomes perfectly normal.

Get into Golden Age. Then the #1, #2, #1 thing becomes perfectly normal.

So I wonder if the story willl continue from #2, I was enjoying it. I don't know what to think anymore, I may just sell everything and take up knitting. They don't renumber/reboot/relaunch wool.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32661

DC Comics ongoing breakdown of its 52 new #1 issues set to launch in September got a turn for the weird today with a string of series dedicated to the darker corners of the DCU.

Entertainment Weekly's Shelf Life blog had the news that leading off the latest pack of comics coming in the wake of the current "Flashpoint" event would be a new "Swamp Thing" series by Scott Snyder (the cover shown was drawn by Yanick Paquette).

Snyder's pal and current DC scribe Jeff Lemire will carry over some version of the characters from his incoming "Flashpoint" tie-in series to the new DCU as he launches "Frankenstein, Agent of SHADE" inspired by Grant Morrison's "Seven Soldiers of Victory" character. Lemire will also be at the helm of another likely Morrison indebted series as "Animal Man" returns to monthly comics. Artists on the series were not mentioned.

From Lemire's "Animal Man."

Rounding out the spooky corners of the relaunch are well-known UK talents Peter Milligan and Paul Cornell. Milligan takes on "Justice League Dark" which features a team of sorcery-based heroes Constantine, Deadman, Shade the Changing Man and Madame Xanadu – the first of whom gets work under the writer's pen in a much different form in Vertigo's "Hellblazer." Cornell's new comic – "Demon Knights" – transplants the superteam concept to medieval times, although more creators or cast members were not mentioned.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32661

Rounding out the spooky corners of the relaunch are well-known UK talents Peter Milligan and Paul Cornell. Milligan takes on "Justice League Dark" which features a team of sorcery-based heroes Constantine, Deadman, Shade the Changing Man and Madame Xanadu – the first of whom gets work under the writer's pen in a much different form in Vertigo's "Hellblazer."

No, no, and please no. Justice League Dark? Constantine in a "super" team? This is wrong on so many levels I can only imagine it was driven through editorial as a joke and some executive in a drug-addled haze resembling portions of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas accidentally approved it.

This idea is worse than relaunching Batman, Inc. AND giving the Red Hood his own series.

I'm just going to use this as an opportunity to stop buying the same old books and try some new titles.

For me, gone will be all the Superman, Batman, JLA and Green Lantern books.

I'll try out Aquaman, Hawkman, Swamp Thing, Firestorm and some others.

I still think it's a huge mistake to relauch 'tec and Action with new #1's. Knowing they'll just revert them back in their original numbers in a few years makes the relaunches even worse to me.

I'll be the unjaded one, Geoff Johns is Cheif creative officer, or whatever they call that position and he was adamant about Green Lantern not reverting back to it's old numbering. I'm not sure they can go back without reverting the whole U back to the way it originally was.

I'll be the unjaded one, Geoff Johns is Cheif creative officer, or whatever they call that position and he was adamant about Green Lantern not reverting back to it's old numbering. I'm not sure they can go back without reverting the whole U back to the way it originally was.

Which numbering would GL revert to? Volume 1 which ended in the 1980s, Vol. 2 which ended in 2004, or Vol. 3 which is set to end in 2011? Or would they add all the numbers together and start a reverted GL at issue three-hundred and something? Or maybe a big 400th anniversary issue?

Which numbering would GL revert to? Volume 1 which ended in the 1980s, Vol. 2 which ended in 2004, or Vol. 3 which is set to end in 2011? Or would they add all the numbers together and start a reverted GL at issue three-hundred and something? Or maybe a big 400th anniversary issue?

That is exactly why only Batman, Detective and Action will eventually return to their original numbering, while the others may continue on this new path.