• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Village Voice Green Lantern review: not for the squeamish

70 posts in this topic

...I was hoping this wouldn 't happen,...but not surpised that it did,...Dc just cant seem to make a half way decent movie except for the Batman franchises (and the early Chris Reeve Superman films),....If only they put the talent and effort behind their animated films into live action,...Justice League New Frontere was one of the best super hero movies I ever watched

I saw a longer trailer today and some of the CGI made me think of Jar Jar from star wars. The effects looked cheesy and the acting looked worse.

Seems that all DC has is Batman...

But i'll go see GL anyway....why not? it's summer movie time!

Movie isn't gonna get good reviews... but that same Village Voice critic gave negative reviews to both X-Men and Thor. Make of that what you will.

i nearly mentioned the VV anti-superhero bias but i suspect this movie is gonna suck ballz

...even with bad reviews it will still do massive $ I'm guessing,...chicks really go apechit for Ryan Reynolds,..and the guys will tag along so the dont have to go see Bridal Party or some other dumb flick.

Go to the Village Voice review at their website and check out the readers' comments about the reviewer. Not a lot of love going around for her.......

BTW, I wonder if the Neal Adams post is really from Neal Adams?

You don't need a review to see how bad this movie will be. And whether or not she hated other movies, there doesn't seem to be anything in the actual review that sounds all that biased. Unless you're willing to forgive every aspect of film making just because there's a superhero on the screen, this will be a waste of time.

I'm sure I'll wind up seeing it in the first week...

Go to the Village Voice review at their website and check out the readers' comments about the reviewer. Not a lot of love going around for her.......

http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-06-15/film/green-lantern-does-not-light-up-the-screen/

The comments ragging on the critic are a fun read.

i prefer this from another review on rotten tomatoes: "the star is little more than a torso and a smirk"

http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-06-15/film/green-lantern-does-not-light-up-the-screen/

i prefer this from another review on rotten tomatoes: "the star is little more than a torso and a smirk"

And what is the big deal about that? The guy from Thor was the same thing - ripped but weak actor - yet it was still an enjoyable flick.

I still think this flick will do fine and be fun just like most comic movies are. They are not going to win critical acclaim, but will be enjoyable popcorn flicks nonetheless. (thumbs u

And what is the big deal about that? The guy from Thor was the same thing - ripped but weak actor - yet it was still an enjoyable flick.

I still think this flick will do fine and be fun just like most comic movies are. They are not going to win critical acclaim, but will be enjoyable popcorn flicks nonetheless. (thumbs u

My favorite comment:

"How much credit can i give to a review that uses a FAN MANIP PICTURE to ilustrate the article?! "

:roflmao:

(thumbs u

For some reason a lot of people want this movie to fail.

I don`t know why?

I will check it out Friday,and suspect it will be a decent flick. (thumbs u