• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- What's your favorite breakfast cereal?

61 posts in this topic

Although I believe Cocoa Krispies pre-date Cocoa Pebbles by a considerable span of time...?

Yes, the Count Chocula, Franken Berry et al. were good too - what was the other one in that lineup, featuring the ghost?

Currently it's Frosted Mini-Wheats, but historically, it was original Captain Crunch, which I would eat as a kid until I slipped into a diabetic sugar coma! What fun! insane.gif

Although I believe Cocoa Krispies pre-date Cocoa Pebbles by a considerable span of time...?

Yes, the Count Chocula, Franken Berry et al. were good too - what was the other one in that lineup, featuring the ghost?

BOOOOOO BERRY

Wow Garth, you're right. Cocoa Krispies has been a registered mark since 1962, in use since 1961. Pebbles (not even "cocoa pebbles") was first used in connection with Flintstones cereal in 1970.

A good example of how "the student becomes the master."

The things you learn on this board.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The things you learn on this board.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ahhhhhsoooo.. Grasshopper.

To leave the Temple and go out into the real world, you must first walk silently across floor , which has been sprinkled with Cocoa Rice Crispies.

My all-time favorites:

- Ka-Boom! (Did they put heroin in that stuff or what? Couldn't get enough as a kid)

- Quisp

- Quake

- King Vitamin (made Cap'n Crunch look like a cartoony admiral...oh, wait...)

I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to like both Quisp AND Quake 27_laughing.gif

Quisp is my favorite and has been since about 1968 cloud9.gif

Wow Garth, you're right. Cocoa Krispies has been a registered mark since 1962, in use since 1961. Pebbles (not even "cocoa pebbles") was first used in connection with Flintstones cereal in 1970.

No doubt... Cocoa Pebbles will have you wondering WHO is still buying Cocoa Krispies.

I try to find cereal with interesting character and movie related boxes. Here is a great example for Spider-Man 2 . No real favorites as I just look for cereal boxes to add to the collection.

Tom

I have a box of Cheesy poofs that I got at the South Park premiere. Not really cereal, but then again, I don't think it would be edible anyways. foreheadslap.gif

I try to find cereal with interesting character and movie related boxes. Here is a great example for Spider-Man 2 . No real favorites as I just look for cereal boxes to add to the collection.

Tom

I have a box of Cheesy poofs that I got at the South Park premiere. Not really cereal, but then again, I don't think it would be edible anyways. foreheadslap.gif

Can you post a picture of those?

Tom

I have a box of Cheesy Poofs too. Mine is Cartman. Which one you got?

No one, apparently. The Cocoa Krispies trademark was cancelled in November 2003. http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=5aunla.2.1

Word Mark COCOA KRISPIES

Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 030. US 046. G & S: Cereal Breakfast Foods. FIRST USE: 19610802. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19610802

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING

Serial Number 72145084

Filing Date May 21, 1962

Current Filing Basis 1A

Original Filing Basis 1A

Registration Number 0744938

Registration Date February 5, 1963

Owner (REGISTRANT) KELLOGG COMPANY CORPORATION DELAWARE 235 PORTER ST. BATTLE CREEK MICHIGAN

Prior Registrations 0145422;0680888;AND OTHERS

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).

Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 19830412

Live/Dead Indicator DEAD

Cancellation Date November 8, 2003

No doubt... Cocoa Pebbles will have you wondering WHO is still buying Cocoa Krispies.

Tom

Can you post a picture of those?

I'll do it later tonight when I get home. thumbsup2.gif

Oats....(without Hall, of course!) grin.gif