• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

craigs list ad

9 posts in this topic

i was looking around on craigs list and i saw this ad.

" **RARE** #1 Signed Spiderman Comic book **RARE** - $100 (Nashville, TN) "

This is for serious collectors only.

This is a # 1 Signed SpiderMan Comic by Todd Mcfarlane.

This is a extremely Rare version of the comic being signed.

*Todd Mcfarlane and Marvel put out signed bagged copies of this issue from Marvel signed on the knee.

* Marvel and Todd promissed that no other of the silver metalic covers would be signed in the sivler metalic ink at any of the comic cons.

*When at the Comic Con, Todd was signing Comics in regular ink on the inside of the books. When I got to him in line, he asked me where to sign the book, well I said " you're the artist it is your book" and he laughed and took out his "Silver Metalic Ink Pen" and signed the Comic not only on the front cover, but on Spidermands private area instead of the knee, to which makes this Comic much Rarer and valueable to any true collector.

"This is a 1 DAY ONLY CHANCE TO GET A EXTREMELY RARE SIGNED COMIC $100.00 CASH OFFER! This is a RARE Comic!"

after seeing it i wrote the guy an email. i was really trying to help the guy out. here is the conversation.

me: im sure you know this already but todd mcfarlane does numerous signings

>each year with desert wind comics. for 60.00 the book will be signed in any

>color ink you like and the 60.00 price includes the book being graded and

>certified by cgc. if you want you can even make yourself a signing bag and cut

> out a place where you want todd to sign the book.

>

>

>wes

d bag: you have no clue. todd signed contract with marvel in the 90s. he will not sign that book in silvver metalic anything, cause if he did that is breach of contract. he will sign anything, just not in silver. fact. and unless your buying stfu

me: ok lol. i have a stack of books signed by mcfarlane sitting behind me as i type all signed in silver. i dont know where you read or heard that but someone has fed you full of . as i say if you go to desert wind comics website it is right there. i was telling you because i thought i was helping you and that you might want to get some mcfarlane sigs on a book. they are not just signed on a book like yours they are cgc certified ss. so that there is no question on the authentcity. you can pay 60.00 and have the book done and it will be worth ten times what the raw book you have is worth to anyone. i cant believe i was trying to help you and be your friend and you were rude to me. but if you want to be ignorant and not get good authentic sigs at a cheap price. hey that's up to you.

wes

ps: thank you for the laugh

d bag: look a-hole, the company called ing marvel put out the comic bagged. With a price of 80 dollars from Marvel. So he is charging 20 less than the company. Dont email me again punk. meet in person, i will kick yoour biutch tn .

Albert Watson

For as many as are led

by the Spirit of God,

they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:14

i think i like his signature and what follows it most of all after reading his response. lol i changed a few letters around in his last response so you can get a better idea of what he said.

Todd mcFarlane can't contractually sign in Silver pen,legen....................wait for it.................dary. :roflmao: Between the Chuckie post and this one is our hobby going to the dogs! oops no that's yet another post. :roflmao:

Todd mcFarlane can't contractually sign in Silver pen,legen....................wait for it.................dary. :roflmao:

It's totally plausible....really.

It's not the silver pen that's restricted...it's the Silver pen partially over the spider-genitalia that's banned.

Man, McSpidey-Weiner-Gate.. such rarity. :o

Todd mcFarlane can't contractually sign in Silver pen,legen....................wait for it.................dary. :roflmao: Between the Chuckie post and this one is our hobby going to the dogs! oops no that's yet another post. :roflmao:

lol how I met your mother references is legen................. wait for it and I hope your not lactose intolerant because the next part is dary