• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 2 Would It Be "Qualified" ?

15 posts in this topic

Man that is a shame,besides the two holes it's a great looking book.I would'nt even know how to grade that. (shrug)

That's kind of my dillema. I mean I know it looks great, and I did actually call CGC last week and inquire if it would likely get a green label. The answer I got was "If there are no other major defects that would keep it outside of being high grade then it would likely get a green label." I did not take that as a guarantee obviously as obviously they do not have the book in hand.

So I guess the idea would be to grade it as if the holes weren't there and then administer the word "Qualified" to the grade.

7.0 or 7.5 Green Label. If 7.0/7.5 would be considered high grade enough to get the Green Label. I am not anywhere near an expert on this. It is still a very nice book. I would be very happy to own a book like this. My reasoning for my opinion is mostly the BC dings, etc...

Back in the mid 90's, my LCS got in a run of ASM from 1-40 or so all 2 hole punched just like that. All were very nice just like your copy but for the holes.

I wonder if this might be one of the books hm

Thanks for the input. I did add some pictures of the interior to the sales thread. I would repost them here but they are really large and I don't want anyone to have to load them unless they want to.

I'm thinking Green Label.

Why don't you submit it ? Put it in an Economy tier. If it should grade high and they bump you a tier it's worth it.

I saw your interior pics and the holes indeed break the panels and dialog. I think it has to be a Qualified label. There would be no integrity to a blue label on this book with the multiple problems caused by the holes. Sorry.

There would be no integrity to a blue label on this book with the multiple problems caused by the holes. Sorry.

It's funny, I kinda feel the other way around. To me a 1.8/2.0/whatever blue label would make perfect sense here. A qualified high grade -- even a nosebleed-high grade -- wouldn't do much for me given the severity of the "qualification". (shrug)