• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The greatest SS books that can never happen

67 posts in this topic

So why doesn't Ditko like to sign books? I know he's still alive, right?

Yeah he is still alive just very elusive. I know it goes against his beliefs in a away. He resents the fact that when people get autographs the just go out and resell the book anyway. I think he feels that an autograph should be more of a personal gesture and less of a commodity.

Boy, If i could meet him. :cloud9:

Yeah he is still alive just very elusive. I know it goes against his beliefs in a away. He resents the fact that when people get autographs the just go out and resell the book anyway. I think he feels that an autograph should be more of a personal gesture and less of a commodity.

that's too bad he feels that way - personally, i would never sell a SS with his name on it. It would be part of the collection to be passed to my kids when it's time ...

Now don't quote me on this, but I heard it was the result of one crazy night in which an opium induced rant from his best friend Paco “el grande” brought him into an unequalled epiphany about, as Ditko put it, “his being within the Universe.” It was one faithful Friday on July 13th 1970, when he was headed to his youngest son’s basketball game (Jimmy “the nostril”), when he encountered ‘el grande’ headed for Nacho’s Taco shop on Broadway, back when he use to live in the ritzy Upper East side of Compton , he agreed to meet up with him later that night. Anyways, as the story goes, Ditko was incredibly drunk that evening and everyone at the gathering (“el grande”, Juanito “two bit” Gutierrez, Francisco “el feo,” and a Mexican with very heavy Spanish accent by the name of Walter Windsor), they were all talking about what life was all about; Paco and “el feo” were so high, that when they began talking about how one will always be what one is, Ditko said he had many more artistic facets to him than “just a bunch of superheroes,” and Windsor asked for his autograph….that’s when he said…”I will never give another autograph until my next big project.” The following Monday, when his other son (Pepe “the booger”) brought his report card to get signed, he ripped it on his face and said “now son, you go and tell your teacher that Stephen Ditko doesn’t give autographs!!!!!!!” ….and that’s where it all began…

I heard that Ditko was just an alias name. and nobody knows who Ditko really is.....

Atleast that what I heard.......

Signed by Robert E. Howard Mexican title Cuentos de Abuelito, La Reina de la Costa Negra #17 (Vol. 1, November 17, 1952)

First time Conan is in a comic book

I heard that Ditko was just an alias name. and nobody knows who Ditko really is.....

Atleast that what I heard.......

His real name is Pablo Bustamante, but some say he moonlights as a "Gabrielle Dell'Otto"

Siegel & Shuster signed Action Comics #1???

Bernard Bailey sign More Fun #52

Bill Gaines signed ECs.

Wertham signed SOTI

Bob Kane signed Detective #27

Superman signed Superman #1

Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving signed Captain America #3

Stan, Ditko, Kirby signed Amazing Fantasy #15

LB Cole signed Suspense #3

Johnny Craig signed Crime Suspenstories #22

The Holy Bible signed by Jesus Christ and the twelve apostles.

Speaking of Jesus...Saw a billboard sign that said: NEED HELP, CALL JESUS 1-800-555-3787. Out of curiosity, I did. A Mexican dude showed up with a lawnmower