• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Margot Kidder Cancelled?

20 posts in this topic

So I sent my check up to Steel City Con for 5 tables, in large part because Margot Kidder was scheduled to be there. Now she's not listed as a guest and I can't find any announcement that she cancelled. Bummer!

Is this pretty common for this show?

You bought 5 tables at a comic-con in large part because Margot Kidder was going to be there?

Hell, you should go to one of the Wizard World Shows and buy the whole convention floor.

You bought 5 tables at a comic-con in large part because Margot Kidder was going to be there?

Hell, you should go to one of the Wizard World Shows and buy the whole convention floor.

I remember in the 80's I bought 2 end caps at SDCC because Mr. T was going to be there.

Totally bummed when he canceled.

Margot Kidder? Really?

She was one hot commodity back before cellular technology.

So I sent my check up to Steel City Con for 5 tables, in large part because Margot Kidder was scheduled to be there. Now she's not listed as a guest and I can't find any announcement that she cancelled. Bummer!

Is this pretty common for this show?

All kidding aside, this happens at almost every show. Media guests confirm and cancel and confirm again with alarming frequency. It just happens. Everyone's life has it's own challenges. People get sick, have conflicts, and by some miracle get hired for an acting job after decades on the shelf...it could happen.

When I look at a media guest list to determine if I am attending a show, I make damn sure there are at least a half dozen I am interested in before I commit. I know that there's a good chance half may not be there for the show so you've got to hedge your bets.

Margot Kidder? Really?

I'm in my 40s...I remember seeing her in the first superman in the theatre....I've always thought she was horrible as Lois lane. Not nearly as hot as she should have been and the acting was poor in my opinion. But she was a big deal at the time.

Margot Kidder? Really?

I'm in my 40s...I remember seeing her in the first superman in the theatre....I've always thought she was horrible as Lois lane. Not nearly as hot as she should have been and the acting was poor in my opinion. But she was a big deal at the time.

I have to agree. Bad casting as Lois Lane.

Margot Kidder? Really?

+2 The thing I didn't like was she was a smoker...was the comic version of Lois a smoker? Just doesn't seem right that Supes would go after a girl that impersonated a chimney!

Margot Kidder? Really?

+2 The thing I didn't like was she was a smoker...was the comic version of Lois a smoker? Just doesn't seem right that Supes would go after a girl that impersonated a chimney!

As a smoker, I feel terribly offended by the language used in your post

(Maybe I should contact the mods to get this thread locked? hm )

Margot Kidder? Really?

Shouldn't you be out rioting? :fear:

Margot Kidder? Really?

Shouldn't you be out rioting? :fear:

I'm against rioting in general - and this particular one, even more so!

If she doesnt show up at the event, check in the bushes outside- I hear she likes to hide in shrubbery

Wait, isn't that Anne Heche?

badum-bum!

Could be Robert Downey Jr. too...wasn't he in a neighbors house sleeping in the kids room? :screwy: