• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book dealer...crappy attitude

153 posts in this topic

I've been folllowing this thread and wondering who the hell you're a shill for for dam60. Everyone knows about Met! Wise up and grow up! Theblackhand is right!

God Bless you Blackhand!

DAM60 is NOT a shill!!!

YOU...on the other hand.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've been folllowing this thread and wondering who the hell you're a shill for for dam60. Everyone knows about Met! Wise up and grow up! Theblackhand is right!

God Bless you Blackhand!

DAM60 is NOT a shill!!!

sorry.gif

God Bless you Blackhand!

DAM60 is NOT a shill!!!

I've never used a shill before in my life on any boards, so I don't know who'd he be a shill for (if you're implying he's a shill for me, but I don't know that you are).

God Bless you Blackhand!

DAM60 is NOT a shill!!!

I've never used a shill before in my life on any boards, so I don't know who'd he be a shill for (if you're implying he's a shill for me, but I don't know 893scratchchin-thumb.gif that you are).

Until you just mentioned it....it hadn't even crossed my mind. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Until you just mentioned it....it hadn't even crossed my mind. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, think all you like..have Arch check the IP's. I do know who Pokey Vince is as he's a regular on my boards. He's also bought from Met in the past and had similar experiences.

Boy, am I ever getting a boatload of PM's about "They did this to me, but don't say anything". Out of respect I won't go into detail, but I'm dumbfounded by the sheer number of PM's.

Well, think all you like..have Arch check the IP's. I do know who Pokey Vince is as he's a regular on my boards. He's also bought from Met in the past and had similar experiences.

Boy, am I ever getting a boatload of PM's about "They did this to me, but don't say anything". Out of respect I won't go into detail, but I'm dumbfounded by the sheer number of PM's.

THE WHEELS ARE IN MOTION!!!

thumbsup2.gif

What a load of [!@#%^&^]. "I'm getting loads of PMs" from people who don't have the guts to talk badly in public.

Why pray tell would anyone be afraid to talk bad about a dealer they won't deal with again? And if they plan on doing future business,I'd guess they weren't mistreated all that badly.

You remind me of that senator from the original Manchurian Candidate,running around talking about the list of peoples names that you have in your pocket,but can't reveal.

What a load of [!@#%^&^]. "I'm getting loads of PMs" from people who don't have the guts to talk badly in public.

Why pray tell would anyone be afraid to talk bad about a dealer they won't deal with again? And if they plan on doing future business,I'd guess they weren't mistreated all that badly.

You remind me of that senator from the original Manchurian Candidate,running around talking about the list of peoples names that you have in your pocket,but can't reveal.

Shadrock, where did I say they are "talk bad about a dealer they won't deal with again". They WANT to do business again with them is why they don't want me to reveal who's saying what. They're still actively collecting books, and know Met gets the books. Have you been reading this thread at all? Wake up, read the entire thread, then get back to me. Thx.

If I were to assume that this is exactly how the call went than you are right to be upset. Would you like the employee fired? Not really a incident to get fired over. Most "outside businesses" don't deal with the client base the comic business does. I've also been notified by other businesses upon receipt of items that a item was out of stock on the invoice. However, I don't get as upset when Victoria Secret is out of my wife's lingerie versus the AS #129 I ordered. I also have to wait and then sometimes they refund my money.

I'm assuming that you called Metopolis and asked to speak to Vinny and stated that the person you dealt with was rude? You are correct to have been notified that the book had been sold and not shipped with your order. I don't run their business and maybe they should have put you on hold for another one and sell it to you for the same price. But then again, it's not my business either.

The bottom line to this is that you weren't notified that the item was sold and not shipped. 6 pages later it comes down to communication between you and them, not you and "US".

If I were to assume that this is exactly how the call went than you are right to be upset. Would you like the employee fired? Not really a incident to get fired over. Most "outside businesses" don't deal with the client base the comic business does. I've also been notified by other businesses upon receipt of items that a item was out of stock on the invoice. However, I don't get as upset when Victoria Secret is out of my wife's lingerie versus the AS #129 I ordered. I also have to wait and then sometimes they refund my money.

I'm assuming that you called Metopolis and asked to speak to Vinny and stated that the person you dealt with was rude? You are correct to have been notified that the book had been sold and not shipped with your order. I don't run their business and maybe they should have put you on hold for another one and sell it to you for the same price. But then again, it's not my business either.

The bottom line to this is that you weren't notified that the item was sold and not shipped. 6 pages later it comes down to communication between you and them, not you and "US".

I'm not saying I want anyone fired. It's not about the book not being available. It's about the person on the phone adamantly telling me I was sent notification that it wasn't available, and when I called him on it, he was very rude. It's also about Vincent calling me, defending his employee, and using ridiculous language with me on the phone. I really think some of you need to read the original post in this thread again.

I am upset about this but will not be bullied by this person into apologizing. Simply put he and I do not see eye to eye. He has slammed me and my company for quite some time.

When I started putting scans of books on ebay he slammed me that some of them were simply images he requested scans of. As if that makes our efforts any less valuable.

When I offered him a Pep #22 VG/FN he didn't like the book but instead of simply saying that he put a big scan of the book on the forum and slammed it and my company. By the way the book was later CGC graded got a VG/FN and a very knowledgeable collector bought it a few months ago at my price.

This person has an agenda he didn't like that I wouldn't do what he wanted me to do and that I stick up for myself. I have noticed a trend over the years wherein a person who was a customer wants to start selling comics (something Shield has done in the past even though he is "out of the market right now") but instead of spending tons of money on advertising or attempting to establish themselves over years of hard work and setting up at conventions they simply slam an already established dealer-it helps them establish contacts and is a whole lot cheaper and easier. The person attempts to establish themselves as the victim or the one who is wronged by "the dealer" (I put the dealer in quotes because we are all dealers and all collectors) and build off of that.

As for my PM yes I did PM him and told him that our business is finished and to stop slamming me and my company. This is my business, this is not a game, this is how I feed my family. I don't think any of you would feel differently about someone besmirching your business or good name. This person is upset because he doesn't like the way I treated him- that doesn't make him right and me wrong simply because I am "the dealer". I didn't like the way he treated me- did I come on this forum and start complaining about him? We just could not resolve our differences so I decided to stop doing business with him. That sounds reasonable to me.

As far as customer service is concerned my company satisfies thousands upon thousands of repeat customers on a monthly basis. I have personally helped customers spend $10.00 and $10,000.00- I treat each one with respect and courtesy. In the past 5 years that I have been a partner at Metropolis and the past 16+ years I have been in this business I have considered customer service an extremely high priority. I am very proud of the service we give our customers. Could it be better- always! It is my goal to constantly improve all aspects of my business.

If any of you have problems about service you have received from my company I invite you to call me toll free at 800-229-6387 (out of the USA 2112-260-4147) or PM me on this forum. This invitation does not go out to Shield as I am simply done trying to placate him.

Sincerely,

Vincent Zurzolo

I am upset about this but will not be bullied by this person into apologizing.
I came on here and told the complete truth about how I was treated, and I will NOT be bullied by you into NOT speaking up for myself. I didn't PM you dropping F bombs, did I Mr. Hot-Head?
Simply put he and I do not see eye to eye. He has slammed me and my company for quite some time.
Care to site specific examples of how you were slammed? I disagreed with the grading on a Pep 22 you have. Boo hoo.

When I started putting scans of books on ebay he slammed me that some of them were simply images he requested scans of. As if that makes our efforts any less valuable.
I merely pointed out that several of the books in Metropolis' "Online Gallery" were ones I had requested to be scanned. You put that out there as "Look how much we care about you, collector!" when in reality it was nothing more than a collection of scan requests from prospective buyers.

When I offered him a Pep #22 VG/FN he didn't like the book but instead of simply saying that he put a big scan of the book on the forum and slammed it and my company. By the way the book was later CGC graded got a VG/FN and a very knowledgeable collector bought it a few months ago at my price.

? So I started a thread asking people if they agreed with the grade.

Everyone should read this link, and decide for themselves if I was SLAMMING METRO by this: http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=369867&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

"Hey guys, they have a Pep #22 in VG/FN for 9 large. Don't you guys think this book is a tad overgraded? Note the fading, the spine roll, and the wear on the right edge. Looks more like a VG or VG+ at best.

Thoughts? "

Sure sounds like a slam to me. In America, we're allowed to voice our opinion on comic books and their grades. I didn't say "Metropolis is/are scammers - look at what they're trying to sell". I just thought it was over priced AND overgraded. The fact that you found someone to buy it doesn't change that.

This person has an agenda he didn't like that I wouldn't do what he wanted me to do and that I stick up for myself.
By defending his rude employees, not matter what. At least Steven has the smart business sense to acknowledge a wrong - I have no problems with Steve, who emailed me after the incident "I am going to have a long talk with Ed about his phone skills. I understand your point.:"
I have noticed a trend over the years wherein a person who was a customer wants to start selling comics (something Shield has done in the past even though he is "out of the market right now") but instead of spending tons of money on advertising or attempting to establish themselves over years of hard work and setting up at conventions they simply slam an already established dealer-it helps them establish contacts and is a whole lot cheaper and easier.
Total hogwash and consipiracy theory here. I sold my entire MLJ run in February, obviously I didn't offer them to Met (Vince told me that upset him that I didn't give him a chance to fleece me on my collection). Good for you spending money on marketing and advertising - if you're implying I'm trying to carve a market niche in selling golden age, you couldn't be more off the mark.
The person attempts to establish themselves as the victim or the one who is wronged by "the dealer" (I put the dealer in quotes because we are all dealers and all collectors) and build off of that.
I was wrong when I called in and asked where the Pep 20 was in my order when your employee was very rude to me. I was wronged when you didn't make amends. Vince, why have you completely avoided responding specifically to what this thread is about? Take the victim's approach, the "I have to defend myself". You should try to defend yourself against your poor business relationship skills, it's costing you more than you know.

As for my PM yes I did PM him and told him that our business is finished and to stop slamming me and my company. This is my business, this is not a game, this is how I feed my family.
Some of us have 8 to 5 jobs that don't involve comics, and spend hard-earned spare money buying books. What's your point?
I don't think any of you would feel differently about someone besmirching your business or good name. This person is upset because he doesn't like the way I treated him- that doesn't make him right and me wrong simply because I am "the dealer".
I never said you were wrong BECAUSE you were a dealer. Show me where I said that. Again, you're just spinning the facts and completely avoiding the context of this thread.
I didn't like the way he treated me- did I come on this forum and start complaining about him?
You/your helpers were completely wrong - of course you dared not come in here and bring up what happened.
We just could not resolve our differences so I decided to stop doing business with him. That sounds reasonable to me.
Sounds reasonable to me as well. That doesn't mean I'm automatically NOT allowed to say what I want about your company either, provided it isn't libel. Nothing here I've said could be construed as such, so what are you going to do about it?

As far as customer service is concerned my company satisfies thousands upon thousands of repeat customers on a monthly basis. I have personally helped customers spend $10.00 and $10,000.00- I treat each one with respect and courtesy. In the past 5 years that I have been a partner at Metropolis and the past 16+ years I have been in this business I have considered customer service an extremely high priority. I am very proud of the service we give our customers. Could it be better- always! It is my goal to constantly improve all aspects of my business.
Just by saying "We offer great service" doesn't make it so.

If any of you have problems about service you have received from my company I invite you to call me toll free at 800-229-6387 (out of the USA 2112-260-4147) or PM me on this forum. This invitation does not go out to Shield as I am simply done trying to placate him.

Sincerely,

Vincent Zurzolo

Well Vincent, you came on here and completely avoided the truth about how I was treated, cited long-ago examples where I questioned your grading in a thread, and claimed to be "defending yourself". All pure hogwash, and you're insulting the good members of this community with your BS.

Shawn S. Clay

Well I see another Ian thread coming. This should be taken offline and discussed privately. Of course there's nothing like a good name calling contest to bring out the best of everybody.

Obviously there is more than this "one" incident.

Well I see another Ian thread coming. This should be taken offline and discussed privately. Of course there's nothing like a good name calling contest to bring out the best of everybody.

Obviously there is more than this "one" incident.

I'm just presenting what happened as truthfully as possible, period. Bob, I don't know what your affiliation is with Metro, but the only "agenda" I have is not being mistreated when I purchase comics. Vince comes on here with market updates, wanted lists, con events/updates, radio show information, et al. If he's going to make his company very public, we're certainly more than allowed to post a thread questioning a grade or discussing how we were treated. People should read this and make their own decisions.

As far as "Good Service" there are customers who do like shopping with Metropolis. However, putting a dealers books up on a forum with comments about it being overgraded etc doesn't actually put you in the "good customer" standing. Yes you have a right to do it but why would a dealer want to continue to do business with you when you badmouth their grading? Go ahead talk about a dealers books because you have the public right to do so. But do you think a dealer wouldn't be upset about it?

God Bless you Blackhand!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif You can be my friend pokeyvince! flowerred.gif